Chapter 44

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

“This is all your fault,” you huffed as you wriggled the doorknob to the presentation room for the fourth time.

Kris leaned back and grinned.

“Relax, Lei. I’m sure your friend will come back in a little bit when she remembers and lets us out.”

You gave him a pointed look.

He obviously didn’t know Yejin.

“We’ll be in here forever then because she definitely will not remember Wufan. How can you be so calm?”

You hadn’t even made up for an hour yet and you were already irritated with him.

The two of you were stuck in a locked room.

Kris pushed himself up and sauntered over to you.

“Because,” he said as he wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed your forehead. He lowered his voice, “I’m stuck with you.”

He kissed your nose. Your eyes fluttered shut.

“Locked in a room.”

He turned his face and kissed your cheek bone. You gripped his shirt as your heart raced from his intimacy.

“And we’re alone.”

He pecked your lip.

“Just you… and me.” He whispered.

It took all of your might just to push him away.

“Where’s your phone?” you demanded.

He let out an amused laugh at your flustered look. “I left it back in my office.”

“Idiot,” you muttered.

“Well, where’s your phone?” He countered.

You narrowed your eyes. “I canceled my phone service and never got a new one.”

Kris whistled. “You were very determined not to let me find you. Ouch. That hurts.”

You scrunched your lips together and tried to twist the door handle again.

Kris smiled contentedly and took his hand into yours.

He pulled you over to a corner and sat down, urging you to do the same.

You leaned your back on his warm chest and laid your head on his broad shoulder.

Kris held onto your waist and kissed your temple.

“Xiumin hyung came in with me. I’m sure he’ll have her let us out soon.” He said softly. “Let’s just wait it out.”

The warmth of his touch filled you with content.

You hadn’t had the mind to disagree. Instead you just nodded and leaned in further to his embrace.

~*~

“Yejin-ssi…”

Xiumin approached the woman as she recited the alphabet while she returned books from the cart to its proper place on the shelf.

Yejin blinked and turned to him.

“Xinlei’s friend. You’re here again.”

He scratched his neck. “Actually, I didn’t leave…” he reminded. “I think you may have forgotten something.”

Xiumin tapped his watch to remind her that you and Kris had been staying in that room for nearly an hour now.

Yejin looked at him and then at the watch that was wrapped around his wrist.

She looked down at her own watch and her eyes rounded.

“Oh dear!” she gasped.

She stepped around him and started pushing the cart towards the workroom.

“It’s time for lunch…” she said aloud.

“W-well that’s not it… I was—“

Yejin stopped in her tracks and turned around to him.

“Would you like to join me, Shimin-ssi?”

Xiumin paused for a second and then broke out into a smile.

“Xiumin.”

She gave him a puzzled look.

“My name is Xiumin.”

She blushed, looking quite sheepish. “Right, I knew that. Xiumin, duh. So?”

“So?”

“Lunch, Xiumin-ssi?”

Xiumin nodded. “I’d like that.”

With the help of Xiumin, Yejin pushed the cart back to the workroom and assigned work to some of the other workers under her and clocked out for lunch.

Xiumin simply followed in amusement as Yejin walked around the area before circling back to the café right across the street from the library.

“It’s nice just to walk around outside for a little bit. Being cooped up inside all day gets suffocating sometimes,” she had said.

They had both decided on their orders and after making weak arguments with the latter, she had allowed Xiumin to pay for her.

As Xiumin brought back the food and placed her portion in front of her, she pushed her glasses back to their original place on the bridge of her nose.

“Do you think they’v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter