Chapter 35

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

“I don’t think you should go anywhere, Xinlei. Just stay here.” He sighed softly.

“But I don’t want to.” You almost snapped at him.

You had woken up about twenty minutes ago and from the sun peeking through the window, you could tell that it was already daybreak.

“Stop being stubborn, would you?” He requested; he felt like he was communicating with a child.

A very hard-headed child. “You still have to eat.”

“I can’t eat until I snap that ’s arm in half,” you growled, not giving a damn about your profound language.

To say Xiumin was shocked would be an understatement.

He had never seen you so angry before. Yet seeing you like this made him smile.

Because despite everything you had gone through, you were still strong and he found that trait of yours to be rather charming.

“Take me to the office.” You demanded.

He shook his head. “I can’t. Ahren is still there. The police are still working on a warrant for her arrest.”

After he had found you, thanks to the information he had received about Hansol owning a warehouse, he had called the police to seize the culprits.

He did all of this, of course, after he had admitted you to a nearby hospital.

As of now, only he and the officers knew about you being safe since he didn’t have the time to call Kris.

How could he when he was too occupied worrying and taking care of you throughout the entire night?

“Xiumin,” you squinted your eyes and got off the bed. “You either bring me yourself or I am going to walk there on my own.”

“But—” The man raked his fingers through his hair. “Fine,” he caved in. 

“Good.” You replied, pleased.

Next you picked up the extra clothes he had purchased for you and walked into the washroom to change.

While you were doing so, Xiumin stepped out and dialed your husband’s number.

It was immediately answered.

“Prepare yourself, Kris. I think it’s going to be Hell in your office today.” He informed.

“What? Why? Hyung, did you find Lei?” Kris questioned anxiously over the line.

“Just have security guards ready.” He instructed before ending the call.

~*~

“What do you mean you don’t know where my sister is?” Tao barked as he clutched onto Kris’s collar and shoved him against the wall.

“Oh my goodness,” Ahren gasped. “Please let President Wu go.” She pleaded as she held onto the boy’s arm.

Tao glared at her. “Don’t touch me with your hands, you ing home-wrecker.”

Next, he pushed her away and returned his attention toward Kris.  

When Tao was angry, it was probably one of the scariest things anyone could ever see.

Once he had seen the article concerning the possibility of Kris having an affair with Ahren, he was beyond pissed.

And then he tried contacting you but got nowhere.

It kept going to voicemail and he returned from school without giving a about his studies.

It was unlike you to ignore his calls. He could tell something was off.

“If anything happens to Lei, I will make you regret it.” He threatened Kris.

“Just what kind of useless ing husband are you?”

Kris didn’t say anything. He knew he deserved everything he was getting.

“I gave Lei to you so that you could protect her. And now that she’s gone, you aren’t even going to do anything?” Tao shouted furiously.

“How could you let her get kidnapped? Are you a ing moron?”  After he released Kris and kicked the couch.

He was breathing hard as he clenched his fists.

“And just so you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter