Chapter 29

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

“Didn’t I fire you last night?”

The latter rolled her eyes. “Oh please, like I’d really take you seriously.”

“You have five seconds to leave on your free will or I will call security to you out.”

“You have no authority to fire me—wife or not,” Ahren sneered.

You took a step towards her and folded your arms across your chest. “Are you testing me right now?”

Ahren grinned. “There’s no need to test anything. President Wu wouldn’t do something as reckless as fire a good employee over his wife’s petty jealousy.”

You gaped at her in disbelief. “Mwoh? Jealousy?”

“Isn’t that what this is?”

You let out a breath of anger.

“You haven’t been married for too long. Are you afraid you can’t keep his eyes on you?”

“Shut up!” You seethed. “How dare you talk to me like that? Not only am I your superior’s wife but I am also someone who has sat in the same chair that you are sitting in now.”

“All the more reason,” she stated. “If you were just a mere secretary who managed to make him fall in love with you then the same thing can very well happen to me right?”

She flipped her hair and gave you a once-over. “Besides, it’s obvious that I have better qualities than you.”

You scoffed. “He’s not that type of person.”

Ahren raised a brow. “It looks like you haven’t been around that many men.”

“Is that something to brag about?”

Ahren sighed. “We’re talking in circles. Is President Wu coming up soon or what?”

“Leave,” you spat.

Ahren looked at you with a defiant glare. “No.”

Finally fed up with her nonsense, you walked over to the desk and picked up the phone to ask for security.

Seeing what you were doing, Ahren quickly went over and tried to grab the phone from you.

Instinctively, you turned around and pushed her away. Unfortunately, you had miscalculated your use of strength and pushed her a little harder than necessary causing her to fall back and land on the ground in front of you.

Suddenly, the door opened and Kris ran in.

“President Wu!” Ahren gasped from the ground.

He quickly ran over to her and helped her up.

Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter