Chapter 27

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

“You’ve worked hard, Secretary Kim,” Kris said as he walked with her out of the Wu Co. building.

Ahren smiled. “Thank you President Wu, it was nothing compared to the work you’ve done.”

The two of them had finally finished completing the paperwork that was needed to be done after a long day of board meetings and contract signing.

Kris checked his watch and frowned. “It’s pretty late; do you need a ride home?”

Ahren bit her lip, “Well actually, it’s a friend’s birthday today and I promised her to meet her at a club after work.”

Kris nodded. “I’ll give you a ride then.”

“That would be great.”

As they walked towards Kris’s car, Ahren grinned mischievously. The gears in her head were grinding.

“What is the club called?”

“Karma.”

After a good thirty minutes, Kris and Ahren had finally arrived at the designated club thanks to her directions.

Cars were parked up and down the street and a long line was formed outside of the entrance.

Kris didn’t bother to park as he halted in the middle of the road. “Have a good night then, Ms. Kim.”

He expected the woman to leave but instead she was checking her makeup in the small pocket mirror she carried around.

“President Wu, do you think you could come inside for a minute? My friends don’t believe that I actually know you and it’s kind of a bother. It would be really nice to get them to shut their traps for once.” She narrated as she placed the compact away.

“Excuse me?” Kris asked, confused.

Suddenly, Ahren clutched onto his forearm while her lips transformed into a pout. “It will only be for a second. I’ll introduce you as my boss and once they see you, you can leave.”

“But,” Kris glanced back at the club with dozens of bodies piled outside. “I don’t think it’ll be good if I was seen in that kind of place. I mean I’m a married man after all.”

He showed her the band snuggled around his ring finger but Kim Ahren was not a woman who was fond of the word no.

“But president,” she drawled out in her best cutesy voice. “I won’t tell if you won’t? Plus, it’s not like married people are banned from coming to clubs. I bet if you went in, you’d probably be surprised at the types of people you see.”

“I still don’t know.” He replied hesitantly.

Then someone honked at them from behind and just like that Kris had made his choice.

With the music blasting in his ears, Kris cringed as he rubbed his temples. “Why is the music here so loud?” He had to shout so that Ahren would hear him.

“It’s a club, President. What do you expect?” She chuckled as she playfully slapped his shoulder.

Next, she searched the crowd and spotted her friend—or in this case accomplice. “Omo, there she is!” She announced.

Kris tried to trace her gaze but then felt cold fingers enclose around his wrist and soon he found himself being dragged away.

His brows furrowed in distaste but he was too bewildered with the situation to do anything else but wonder why.

When they reached the other side of the dance floor, Ahren released him. She looked at Kris with an embarrassed and meek smile as she rubbed the back of her neck.

“Sorry, I didn’t want you to get lost or get attacked by random girls.” She jerked her head behind him where a couple of women were eyeing him with hungry eyes.

Hearing her reasoning for initiating skinship with him, relaxed Kris and he nodded in comprehension. “Thank you, Secretary Kim. That was very thoughtful of you.”

“Since it’s after work you can just address me as Ahren, President.” She giggled.

Before Kris could answer, he was interrupted. “Omo! You really are Kris Wu!” The woman cried out as she stared at him with rounded eyes.

“I told you I knew him, Serim.” Ahren mused.

“I presume you are the birthday girl then?” Kris said as he scanned his environment.

Serim quickly sent Ahren a confused expression to which she returned a wink and sly simper.

The other woman caught on to her friend’s plan immediately and gave her a thumbs-up.

“Why yes I am! And you have no idea how special it is to have you as one of my guests! You know Ahren always talked a lot about you but I never thought she actually knew you!” Serim exclaimed. “You have to meet my other friends!”

“I actually have to get going. It’s getting late and my wife might be waiting for me.” At the mention of his significant other, Ahren’s lips transformed into a frown as she looked over to the bar.

When she caught sight of a familiar face, she smirked and shook her head. You’re making this too easy for me, Wu Xinlei. Or should I say the former Mrs. Wu?

“But, President, it’s Serim’s birthday. Couldn’t you just stay for a while longer? I’m sure Xinlei-sshi wouldn’t mind.” Ahren hypothesized, feigning innocence.

“Uhm—”

“Just have one drink and you’re free!” Serim compromised before she dragged him inside one of the VIP rooms. “Hey, guys! Look who Ahren brought to the party!”

Everyone inside was amazed at Kris’s presence and it was dead silent. After a few seconds o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter