Chapter 26

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

You stepped out of a nearby convenience store wearing a black strapless mini dress paired with black leather wedges adorned with gold embellishments.

You had changed in the restroom there in order to avoid being interrogated by Kris about your whereabouts and the reason why you dressed this way for work.

You had also done your hair into voluptuous curls and done your makeup a little heavier than you would have during the day.

You didn’t want him to know.

It wasn’t that you were ashamed or embarrassed of your job. You would tell him truthfully if he ever asks. It was just that you wanted to save yourself the trouble of having him look into it if you left the house looking the way you do now every night.

That’s why you had been coming to the nearby convenience store and changing for work every night rather than leaving the house ready to go.

The owner of the store has known you for years now due to your frequent visits and therefore has grown to be fond of you because she found you quite endearing.

“Thanks ahjumma, I’ll be back later to get my stuff.” You bowed at the older woman.

She shook her head. “Aigoo, I don’t understand why you have to be like this. You are already married. Aren’t you ashamed of having to wear clothes like that and go to work at such a lowly place?”

You laughed. “It’s not as bad as you think ahjumma, I’m just mixing drinks. And besides, tips are better when you dress like this.”

She sighed and waved her hand in defeat. “Arrasso, go to work. You’re going to be late.”

“Alright, bye!”

You gave her one last wave before walking down the street to Karma.

You flashed the creepy guard your employee’s pass and he allowed you entrance after giving you an appreciative onceover.

You fought back the urge to poke out his eyeballs as you do every night as you quickly went inside only to be pounded by the loud music along with the heavy stench of swea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter