Chapter 10

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

“Stupid boss, stupid fake marriage, stupid money depending world.” I sniffled as I wandered through the vast woods a second time by myself.

However, I was able to find the trail which did take me back to the resort. At least I won’t have to sleep out here again.

With each step the pain in my throbbing ankle bloated and swelled up like a tumor but I continued journeying through it. I winced and when the resort came into view, I wiped my nose and thought it was best not to return right away for a number of reasons.

One: I knew Tao would still be upset.

I never liked it when he was like this even if it barely happened and I couldn’t stand not being on good terms with him.

I really wanted to makeup but it wasn’t the ideal time to do so just yet.

Two: Quite frankly, I didn’t want to see any of the guys because I figured they already knew about the scene back there from Suho and Xiumin.

How embarrassing.

I sat down on a bench and groaned. I managed to anger my brother and ruin my pride in less than thirty minutes without having to do anything.

That should be a new world record.

So far this marriage thing with Kris was really not benefitting me or anyone at all.

And lastly: Kris.

If I went back, I would surely avoid Tao and the guys which meant I’d be trapped in the suite. The same suite I shared with him and I did not want to deal with him either.

There was no where else I could run to.

This was an island for Pete’s sake! And I couldn’t swim my way out of here even if I tried since I can’t even swim.

I let out an agitated sigh as my eyes scanned the place. Then they landed on the vast blue ocean and I remembered I was located next to a beach.

“Sitting in the sand would be a little funner,” I whispered.

I got up and bit my bottom lip, trying to push the pain aside as I struggled over to the sandy shore.

When I arrived, I inhaled the ocean smell with my lids shielding my eyes from seeing anything.

[~~~~]

“We’re going to the beach today, Xinnie. Aren’t you excited?” our mom questioned as she peered back to look at us from the passenger’s side. My dad was driving and he had the windows rolled down because it was such a hot day.

It was the summer of 1998 and we were in South Korea as a family vacation. We were driving to one of the local beaches and I couldn’t wait.

“Mhm!” I nodded like a bobble-head. I turned to my baby brother who was strapped in tightly to his booster-seat. “Are you excited Tao?!”

He blinked at me and then took his sippy-cup and hit me square in the face. “Ow.” I yelped.

I massaged my forehead and then Tao laughed and clapped his hands together like a seal. I stopped and a grin broke out on my little face. “You are excited, aren’t you?”

“Yes, Lei!” he squeaked out rather adorably.

As we came to a stop, I helped Tao out of the car and my mom gave me a fanny pack. I blinked at it. “Hold that and use it for emergencies only,” she advised.

“But where are the buckets and shovels, mommy?” I inquired.

I hurried over to the trunk and saw that it was filled only with suitcases.

“In here.” My dad answered as he placed two smaller baggages down. “Take it over and find a spot with your brother all the way at the other end of the beach. We will be there shortly.”

“By ourselves?” I frowned.

“Xinnie, you’re a big girl now. You have to learn h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter