Chapter 7

Lie For Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was no reasoning that I could figure out, but the fact that some guy was wandering around our school, likely without permission, became less important when he stood up from the bench and showcased his handsome features. It was one of those moments when the only thought circulating my mind was I am such a lucky bastard today. And I was more than sure that those girls previously harassing me were thinking similarly, if their predatory eyes and pealed giggles were anything to go by. Well, I couldn't really blame them, because that guy admittedly had incredibly attractive broad shoulders. Likely due to his black jeans, his legs looked longer and toner than they truly were. He’d donned a simple white t-shirt underneath a sleek leather jacket, sleeves loosely cuffed at his elbows. Even in such monochromatic and dull colors, he managed to look no worse than the chic models in fashion shows. Entertaining that thought, I inspected his face clearly to look for any imperfections and resultantly got lost in his chiseled jawline and structured face. And when I thought he couldn’t look any better, he straightened his nap-resulted messy hair and popped on a pair of sunglasses.

He sure knew how to make women swoon.

“Hi ladies,” he walked over to our commotion and his lips curled up in an adorable grin, leaving no trace of the annoying grimace he’d worn when he just woke up. After hearing his playful tone, my heart cooed and leapt against my ribs. I stood there unresponsively with my eyes glued to the stranger in our school. He was taller than Baekhyun and probably around my age, maybe one or two years older. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Cafeteria Girl and her friends all sporting flushed cheeks and gaped mouths. I cupped my hands around my face, checking if I was blushing like them. Unfortunately, it seemed that my cheeks were burning as well. What was going on? I mean, I didn’t even know that guy, and now I was standing dumbly, blushing like a schoolgirl on her first middle school date. Was I so deprived of boyfriends that I would act flustered even by a stranger who, in no way, was flirting? Would I still be drooling after every decently handsome guy even when I’m in my thirties?

“H-hello,” Cafeteria Girl’s perky and overly saccharine voice snapped me out of my stupor. Didn’t think I would ever come to this point, but I was grateful that she said something back to him, instead of gaping blankly at him like me. Or rather, I was glad that she distracted the mysterious guy’s attention, because he had started observing me with curiosity that rivaled mine as I stared back. When she replied, his eyes drifted from me to her. “Excuse me but…” Her voice was dainty and soft, nothing like the ferocious tone I’d heard while she was screeching at me, “who are y—”

“Ah, pardon me…” He interrupted her without any trace of apology and tucked his hands into his jean’s pockets, “Looks like I interrupted your small conversation.” The guy tilted his head and even though he was wearing sunglasses, I could easily tell that he was scrutinizing Cafeteria Girl carefully. “Or would a better description be bullying?”

Cafeteria Girl was a little bewildered by his sudden statement. Or maybe with the fact that he didn’t allow her to finish her own sentence. “T-that’s not it!” The girl stumbled over her words again, and I couldn’t help but scoff in disbelief. What happened to all that confidence she’d had when she was talking to me? I glanced back at the guy, his small smirk twisting his lips grabbing my attention. Was someone actually backing me up for once? Cafeteria Girl shifted her weight from one foot to another, trying desperately to find a decent excuse for the situation, “We were jus—”

“But you know…” Her words were cut off once again and I couldn’t stop myself from giggling after seeing her shocked expression. She shot me a deathly glare, but something so superficial couldn’t intimidate me as I simpered back at her and enjoyed the moment. That guy was just brilliant, and he definitely made my day. He leaned towards Cafeteria Girl and patted her head demeaningly, “If you’re going to bully someone, the back of the school is the last place to go; it’s too obvious.” He shoved a hand into his jacket’s pocket and brought out a small lollipop. The mysterious guy was looking at it for a hard moment as if it was some priceless good—which I somehow found extremely adorable—and then handed it to Cafeteria Girl with a bright smile, “Now be a filial student and hurry home.”

Oh God, was this a hidden camera? Because from the moment he handed her that lollipop I couldn’t believe this guy was being completely serious. And Cafeteria Girl didn’t know what to make of the situation either. She looked at him with clear disbelief and shock, but that guy just placed his hand on her back, forcefully steering her towards the patio entrance and holding the door open for her lackeys to follow. Once they were all gone, he shut the door and brushed off his hands. I blinked rapidly, trying to figure out what was going on and who that guy was (and more urgently, why he would help me), but before I could formulate my questions, he turned to me expectantly. My breath hitched in my throat when the mysterious guy made a few steps closer to me, taking off his black shades.

“Um, hey…” I muttered after realizing he was waiting for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter