Love Sick

Pre-chorus

 

“Krystal?” Jessica called out when she arrived at their apartment. She checked the time and thought that she might be in school. She yawned but her ears perked up when she heard someone giggling.

 

She followed the sound and it led her to her sister’s room. She turned the knob. It wasn’t locked so she immediately went in. Everything in her life right now is like the stuff you see on some messed up soap on TV. Her sister didn’t really need to add up to that but that was apparently too much to ask.

 

“Who the heck is that?”

 

Krystal snapped out of it and removed the hands that were embracing her from the back. “This is a friend of mine from my History class.”

 

She stared at the American girl on Krystal’s bed and nodded. She looked back at her sister who’s put on a fake grin. “Do you mind if I talk to my sister for a bit?”

 

“Not at all.”

 

Okay, scratch that. The girl’s apparently English but she could only guess with the accent that she has.

 

Krystal plopped herself down their couch and stretched her arms out, waiting for her sister to give her a hug. “I’ve missed you, unnie.”

 

Jessica ignored her and instead sat beside her. “Why didn’t you tell me you’re gay?” she asked, getting straight to the point.

 

“I’m not exactly gay. I’m in college.”

 

“What the heck is that supposed to mean?”

 

“This is the time for everyone to experience different things. To experiment, you know? Come on, you know what I mean. Besides, it’s not like you tell me anything about your love affairs, do you?”

 

She knew this was bound to be brought up. Her short trip to Korea made her realize that sooner or later she has to come clean and tell her sister what has been bothering her for several months now.

 

So she did and the shocked expression was expected when she mentioned Taeyeon’s name and confirmed that it was the Kim Taeyeon. She told her sister about everything’s that happened, from how they met and got together to why and how it ended between them.

 

“That jerk!” Krystal exclaimed when Jessica finished talking about their break up. “She really said that? You’re clingy? Pfft! You’re not clingy.” Then she thought back about what she knew when it comes to her sister’s past relationships. “Wait, you’re not clingy, are you?”

 

“I might’ve been but I don’t think that’s a reason to pretend that I don’t exist anymore. Like nothing ever happened between us.”

 

“That’s true and I’m not just saying that because you’re my sister.”

 

The older sister remembered the girl inside her sister’s bedroom. “Are you dating her?” The younger Jung shook her head. “Are you sure it’s fine to keep her waiting inside there?”

 

“She’s probably sleeping by now. So is that her only reason for breaking up with you?”

 

“I don’t know. That’s the only thing she said coupled with my other ‘flaws’.”

 

“Like the food you cook taste like crap? Or that you’re lazy? Or you sleep too much people might mistake you for someone who’s in a coma?”

 

Jessica slapped her sister’s shoulder. “Thank you for enumerating it.”

 

“Hey, if she can’t love you because of those tiny flaws then she doesn’t deserve your love either.” She pulled her older sister closer and hugged her tightly. “Us Jungs deserve only the best.”

 

She returned the hug and kissed her sister’s forehead. “So…did you meet anyone while you’re in Seoul or did you go with Sooyoung-unnie to Hyo-unnie’s wedding?”

 

She contemplated on whether to tell her sister about Yoona or not but she decided she might as well does since they’re already on that topic.

 

“I actually did. Her name’s Yoona.”

 

Krystal was all ears and her eyes glimmered with anticipation. “That’s a pretty name. Tell me more.”

 

“She’s stunning. She’s a year older than you and she’s about an inch taller than you. You know, come to think of it, you kinda look like her.”

 

“Eew, that’s wrong, unnie.”

 

“Why?”

 

“That’s like indirect or something.”

 

“No, it’s not. Stop interrupting.” Krystal rolled her eyes, a habit she got from her sister, and let Jessica continue with her story.

 

“She’s majoring in Fashion and she loves shoes. She has a collection of Louboutin shoes and they’re all real, mind you. She’s kind and caring. She would’ve been perfect if not for her last name.”

 

Krystal’s eyes widened. “Oh god, don’t tell me she’s a Jung. Oh my god, unnie, you slept with a relative that we didn’t know about? I knew this was . That’s disgusting!”

 

“No, dummy, she’s a Kim.”

 

She calmed down and eyed her sister weirdly. “So what if she’s a Kim?”

 

“She’s my ex-girlfriend’s younger sister. Kim Taeyeon’s younger sister.”

 

“No way.”

 

“She is.”

 

“Does that mean you and Taeyeon—“

 

“Nope. She was on tour at that time.”

 

“Wow. Well, that . I feel bad for you now, unnie.”

 

Jessica sighed, still thinking about Yoona and how persistent she was. They could’ve worked out if it weren’t for Jessica’s history with Taeyeon.

 

“You know what, Taeyeon.”

 

“What?”

 

“I mean, what she thinks! You think it won’t work with this Yoona because she’s Taeyeon’s sister, right? I bet you’re only thinking that because you still care about what Taeyeon would think about you. Well, I say what she thinks and go date her sister.”

 

“No, thanks. I don’t want my life getting complicated.”

 

“Life is already complicated!”

 

With the way Krystal was talking, more like yelling, she’d think her sister was high. Her spewing out non-sensible things was not helping.

 

“From what you said, I could only come to the conclusion that her sister, unlike her, although she’s pretty amazing as well because she’s famous and her voice’s really good, too bad she’s a jerk, is an amazing girl. One that you shouldn’t just let go like that. You don’t and leave a girl like that. You stay!”

 

“Stop cussing, Krys.” She stood up and made her way to her bedroom. “Besides, it’s over and done with.”

 

“You don’t have her number?”

 

“I do and I intend not to use it.” She yawned for the second time and opened the door. “I’m going to be resting now. Don’t make too much noise.”

 

Krystal let out an exasperated sigh as she too stood up. “We won’t.” She wished she had the ability to changer her sister’s mind but she knew better. She knows Jessica wasn’t the fickle-minded type and once she sets her mind to doing something, she does it without ever looking back.

 

 

---

 

 

It’s been three weeks since Jessica left but not a day passed that Yoona hasn’t thought about her. She’s been wearing the shirt that the older girl used for three weeks every time she goes to bed. The only time she’s not wearing it is when she needs to wash it.

 

Yuri and Tiffany have noticed that their friend was more quiet than usual.

 

Two days after Jessica’s departure, Yoona asked them to go to the mall with them because she wanted to buy a new perfume. The two didn’t really know why Yoona bought that particular perfume but they do know she didn’t really need another one. Pretty much everyone who knows Yoona would know about her stash of perfumes that her older sister has given her throughout the years. She could open up a mini-store if she wanted to.

 

They found out later that Yoona bought it because it was the same one Jessica was using. Yoona told them when she was drunk.

 

“I’m worried about Yoona.” Tiffany dropped her pen and closed her book. “I think she really misses Jessica.”

 

Yuri agreed. She’s never seen Yoona like that. Her best friend usually becomes louder and tells everyone when she misses someone. “Should we get her drunk again so we can get some answers?”

 

“I don’t want her to damage her liver, Yul. How about this, we convince her to go that party next Friday and we force her to hook up with some random girl there.”

 

“That’s kind of horrible but I’ll agree because she clearly needs to forget about super hot sugar mommy.”

 

Friday came and it took a lot more than just talking to Yoona to convince her to go to the party. They had to bribe her a week worth of free lunch just so she’d go.

 

When they got there, Yoona stayed on one spot and it frustrated Yuri and Tiffany more. Yuri, for one, was gritting her teeth at how pathetic Yoona looked while she zoned out staring at the floor. It pushed her to grab a random girl passing by and asking the said girl if she was interested in hooking up with her best friend.

 

The girl named Gyuri smirked slyly and nodded. They went to where Yoona was sitting and Yuri did a quick introduction before leaving the two alone.

 

Yoona wasn’t in the mood to talk and Gyuri noticed that so she just went in for the kill. She landed an open-mouthed kiss on Yoona which she found to be very disturbing because it wasn’t at all like Jessica would kiss her. In fact, it was so different than how a normal person would kiss another person.

 

She gently pushed Gyuri by the shoulders and wiped . “Were you trying to eat my face?”

 

Gyuri was offended with Yoona’s blunt remark and Yoona ended up with a searing pain on her left cheek.

 

Tiffany and Yuri who were observing from afar witnessed the whole ordeal. Tiffany gave Yuri a glare and looked around for it was her turn to find a girl for her friend. She pulled a random girl and asked her the same thing that Yuri asked Gyuri and of course, the girl said yes.

 

She pointed her finger at Yoona and the girl gave her a thumbs up as she walked towards her.

 

“Hey.”

 

Yoona didn’t reply and chugged down her beer instead while she held her still stinging cheek. Just like the previous girl, this girl also didn’t even try to converse with Yoona. She just kissed her after her lips broke contact with the bottle of beer.

 

At least this one knows how to kiss and doesn’t devour a person’s face, she thought as she kissed back. The kiss didn’t last because of the foul taste that the girl left in . “I don’t like smokers.”

 

“Your loss,” the girl said and walked back to her friends.

 

She glared at her friends before she walked away and headed for the balcony. There she saw guys smoking and drinking so she told them some crap about the birthday girl flashing her ies. They were clearly wasted because the celebrant was a dude.

 

Once the air was clear of the stupid smoke from the cigarettes, she sat down and leaned on the railing, drinking some more. She placed the bottle of beer on her cheek hoping it would alleviate the pain from that strong slap by ‘face-eater.’ She closed her eyes and once again, her mind was filled with Jung Jessica.

 

A few minutes later, she felt someone kissing her and she responded only because she couldn’t find anything wrong with how this person was kissing her. She even thought it was familiar.

 

This pair of lips…

 

She opened her eyes and recognized the girl immediately. She pulled away and groaned. “I don’t like kissing you anymore, Tiffany.”

 

“Aww but you love my kisses.”

 

“Not anymore.”

 

Tiffany sat beside her and took the bottle from her, taking a sip from it. “Is it because of a certain Jung Jessica?” Yoona nodded her head once. “Do you really like her that much?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“So why don’t you call her? Are you worrying about your phone bill? God, I didn’t know you’re so stingy.”

 

“She said I couldn’t call her.”

 

Tiffany gasped. “You’re actually listening to what she said? You really do like her, huh?”

 

Yoona wrapped an arm around Tiffany’s waist as she snuggled closer to the girl. It was a habit she developed when they started dating and even after they’ve ended their relationship, she still finds herself doing it.

 

“I miss her. I miss kissing her. I miss holding her. I don’t understand why she can’t seem to like me the way I like her.”

 

“I don’t understand it either. You’re sweet and caring and perfect. How can she resist the charming Kim Yoona?”

 

Yoona whined when she looked up and found an all familiar grin on Tiffany’s face. “You’re just saying that to make me feel better.”

 

“Because I want you to feel better, idiot.” She ruffled Yoona’s hair and kissed the top of her head.

 

“I want to get out of this y place. Can I stay at your place? Don’t invite Unicorn, I’m still mad at her.”

 

“Why?”

 

“She keeps calling Jessica sugar mommy and now, there are times I’d imagine her to be a super hot woman throwing a wad of cash on my face telling me to buy the shoes that I like.”

 

Tiffany creased her eyebrows as she stood up, pulling Yoona with her. “That is such a weird thing to picture, Yoong.”

 

“I know. It’s Yul’s fault.”

 

Tiffany giggled. The two of them told Yuri they’ll be going home and the latter said she might as well go home so Tiffany offered to drive her home.

 

After dropping Yuri off, they went to a Mcdonald’s drive-thru because Yoona complained about being hungry. The two ended staying up all night watching sappy movies, Tiffany’s fault, and eating junk foods.

 

It was seven in the morning when Yoona decided that she wanted to sleep on her own bed instead. Tiffany, not thinking straight because of her lack of sleep, offered her a ride. Yoona scoffed and said, “I’m not gonna let some sleep deprived girl to drive me home. I’ll take a cab.”

 

She hugged Tiffany goodbye and got inside the cab. When she got home, she was welcomed by her sister eating her cereal on their couch.

 

“Good morning, unnie.” She smiled because it was rare for them to see each other nowadays because of Taeyeon’s hectic schedule.

 

“Hi, Yoongie. Where have you been?” Taeyeon motioned her to sit next to her.

 

“Tiffany’s.”

 

Taeyeon gulped and placed the bowl of cereal on the coffee table. “Ti-Tiffany’s?”

 

“Yeah. Tiffany’s place.”

 

Taeyeon sighed in relief. “Oh right, you have a friend named Tiffany. I thought you were talking about that store and…ring…marriage.” She held Yoona’s forearm and said, “You’re too young to get married. Graduate first please.”

 

Yoona, despite being sleepy, chuckled at her sister’s plea. “I don’t think I’m too young to get married but fine, I won’t. Not yet.”

 

“Thank go—“

 

“But we’ll never know. I might meet the love of my life and decide that she’s the one I want to marry. Funny thing though I have thought about my future wedding on a wedding ceremony that I attended weeks ago.”

 

“Who got married?” Taeyeon asked as she resumed eating her breakfast.

 

“Oh, you don’t know them. I went as someone’s date.”

 

“Oh.” Taeyeon stood up to place the empty bowl in the sink. “I’m going to LA next week. The company wanted us to check out this producer that we might be working with for a few songs in our next album. Do you want me to buy you anything while I’m there?”

 

Yoona lost her at ‘going to LA’. What were the odds her sister would say that just when she misses Jessica the most. It simply translated to ‘having a chance to see Jessica once again.’

 

“Can you take me with you, unnie? Please,” she asked in her baby voice. It always worked on her older sister. It didn’t even cross her mind that Taeyeon would say no. She was so confident that she’d let her go with her that she’s already formulated a plan to meet Jessica again. She was going to meet Hyoyeon and ask her for Jessica’s address. It was that easy. She knows Hyoyeon would give it to her right away.

 

Jessica’s best friend, after all, showed her fondness towards Yoona the first time they met. The couple went as far as saying that Yoona would be perfect for Jessica.

 

“Don’t you have school?”

 

“We have this thing called summer break, unnie.”

 

“I was too busy these days that I didn’t even realize we’ve already changed seasons.”

 

Yoona chuckled. “It’s been a long time since we’ve had a trip abroad together.”

 

“That is true.”

 

“So are you going to let me come with you, unnie?” She placed her chin on her shorter yet older sister and stared at her.

 

“How can I say no to that face? I’ll tell the company I’ll be bringing you with me. I have to pay for your expenses though because they’re stingy like that.”

 

“Yay! Thank you, Taeyeon-unnie.” She kissed her sister’s cheek and pranced back to her bedroom so she could get some sleep. She swore she had dreamt about Jessica a couple of times before their trip because she was really excited to see her again.

 

 

___

Title courtesy of Taetiseo's song because I'm currently listening to it haha and of course it's not the end of yoonsic but taeyeon has finally appeared~

oh and i hope you guys are fine with krysfany because i would SO get them together on this fic. i like them haha