Stuck

Pre-chorus

 

“So…I haven’t gotten the chance to ask this question since talking about it over a good game of Guitar Hero would be totally ridiculous but why exactly did you break up with my sister?”

 

“Krystal.”

 

The said girl turned to her sister and got a glimpse of the glare that she was already used to receiving.

 

“What? There’s no harm in asking. I’m sure you’d want to know the real reason too.”

 

Just when they thought they’d finally hear the real reason, Tiffany came barging in with a giggling Yuri in tow.

 

“You,” she pointed to Krystal while shoving Yuri on the couch, “are coming with Yoona and I.” The younger Jung reluctantly stood up and left with Tiffany.

 

When Taeyeon asked Yuri why Tiffany looked pissed off, she told them that she was asking Yoona inappropriate things and Tiffany couldn’t stand it so she dragged her back at the Kim’s apartment. She didn’t notice it but both Taeyeon and Jessica stopped paying attention to whatever she said and thought about the close call.

 

Taeyeon wasn’t exactly eager to tell answer the younger Jung’s blunt question and Jessica wasn’t quite ready to hear the real reason.

 

It didn’t take the three girls that went out that much time to come back with several bags with them. Taeyeon volunteered to prepare the snacks and drinks with Tiffany while the others laze around.

 

Yuri, who was sitting at the far end of the couch opposite of Jessica, was now sitting on the floor. She got kicked by her best friend who was now lying on her back with her head on top of her girlfriend’s lap. Yuri could only roll her eyes at her childishness.

 

“Tired?”

 

Yoona shook her head and held onto Jessica’s hand that was on her forehead. “Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“What are you planning to do now that the show’s over? Are you going to be in charge of a second season?”

 

“There’s not much talk about that yet so I’m not really sure. Do you want me to stay here?”

 

“Are you kidding? Of course, I do.”

 

“I’ll take that into consideration then.” She smiled at the younger girl and looked back at how these past four months have changed their relationship. Yoona was still the understanding girlfriend and she was obviously still dealing with her issues but both of them had stopped holding back about what they feel for each other.

 

Yoona would often say how much she cared for the other girl. Jessica, on the other hand, would show how much she values Yoona while she tries to fully forget about her past relationship and move on from that.

 

They even had their first fight three months ago about something incredibly petty. It was when Yoona decided to stay for the night and when she woke up the next morning, scrambling to get to the bathroom, she tripped on one of Jessica’s discarded shirt. She woke Jessica up and that’s when the screaming and the pointing of fingers began.

 

Jessica’s brows were furrowed and she asked in a very calm tone why Yoona was making such a big fuss about it when she wasn’t even seriously hurt. It pushed Yoona off the edge. The fight went on for a whole day and it only ended when the older girl realized that it was indeed her fault. She’s taken to account the number of times Yoona has told her to clean her room and leave the dirty clothes inside the hamper.

 

She apologized to Yoona and the latter tried hard to stay mad and even let Jessica chase her all the way to her house but Yoona couldn’t possibly stay angry. Not when Jessica followed her home, sat at a vacant seat behind her in the bus, quietly walked with her ‘til she gets to her apartment and kissed her before saying ‘Good night.’

 

Yoona chuckled at the memory. She found Jessica’s crestfallen face a bit funny only because it was extremely cute.

 

“What did you do?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You’re laughing by yourself. What kind of mischief did you do this time?”

 

“I didn’t do anything.” Yoona sat up and leaned on the older girl’s shoulder. She then stood up and pulled Jessica with her, dragging her girlfriend into her room.

 

“Hey, where do you two think you’re going?”

 

“We’ll be back, I promise.”

 

The two of them were inside Yoona’s room as the younger girl rummaged her desk drawer while Jessica sat idly on her bed. She was shuffling her feet and was looking around the room when she saw Yoona facing her again with a grin on her face.

 

“Why are you smiling like that?”

 

Yoona brought her hand up that was previously placed behind her back and Jessica immediately saw the silver necklace dangling from the taller girl’s fingers.

 

“Ta-da! I’ve wanted to give you this for quite a while now.” She sat next to Jessica.

 

“You really didn’t have to buy me a necklace, Yoong.”

 

“I didn’t buy it. It’s the first thing unnie ever gave me, you know, not including the food and the shelter and other stuff.”

 

“Oh.” She contemplated a lot on what to say, mostly on how to tell her that she couldn’t accept it. “It’s obviously a very valuable thing for you. Why would you give it to me?”

 

“Because you’re valuable to me and I want you to have it. A broke student like me could only give you things that matters a lot to me. Think of it as another birthday present.”

 

“But you’ve already given me so much on my birthday.”

 

She thought back to the events that happened during her birthday and remembered all the effort that Yoona has put in to celebrate it. It made her glad that she was dating a brokeass student because the things Yoona did for her that day were worth more than any amount of money could ever buy.

 

“Those weren’t tangible like this one though.” Yoona looked down and stared at the necklace that was resting on her palm. “You don’t like it?”

 

“It’s not that. It’s just…I know how much you value things that your sister has given you and I don’t think I can take the responsibility of taking care of the important things for you…well, not yet. What if I lose it or even break it? I don’t want it to cause a rift between us, Yoong.”

 

Yoona smiled bitterly. Maybe she was overanalysing things and maybe she shouldn’t be thinking of whether Jessica was stating things literally or if she’s just using metaphorical terms to say what she really wanted to say.

 

What does she mean by that? Taking responsibility of taking care of things that are valuable for me?

 

She shrugged it off and put up a smile, placing the necklace on her bed and pulling Jessica up with her. Just as they were about to reach the doorway, Jessica slightly pulled her back and placed a lingering kiss on her cheek.

 

Yoona smiled back but that only left Jessica wishing she could read Yoona’s mind and know what she was really thinking at that time.

 

Despite having a heavy heart about getting her gift rejected, she still put up a front and acted cheerfully when they got back to the living room. Jessica seemed to have bought it and the two of them sat next to each other as they listened to Yuri and Tiffany’s story about the couple that lived next-door. The younger Jung busied herself with a beer and a good game of Crash Bandicoot.

 

When they ran out of stories to share, they switched to throwing random questions at each other.

 

“What do you hate most about Tiffany, Krystal?” Yuri asked.

 

“Why would you even ask her that? You know she’ll just lie and say everything,” Tiffany said as she grabbed a bag of chips and opened it.

 

Krystal paused her game, cursing Yoshimitsu for so much even though it was her who was controlling the character. She switched from the kart racing game to Tekken when she figured drinking and driving isn’t a good idea even on video games. “I should’ve stuck to the well-endowed Nina,” she muttered before facing the older girls. “That’s not exactly true. I’m not going to lie if I say I hate everything about you. I would actually be brutally honest and say I hate every bit of you.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and Yuri laughed at how unconventional the two were. Living with Tiffany meant seeing how the two would interact with each other on a daily basis and although they really were like cats and dogs, she could tell that they genuinely liked being around each other. Both of them just didn’t know how to express it properly so they end up bickering most of the time.

 

“Why exactly do you try to put up with my sister?”

 

Tiffany looked at Krystal who’s now resumed her game and sighed. “I honestly ask myself that all the time but…she has her good days.”

 

“Really? Pray tell.”

 

“Well, last week, she—“

 

“Don’t talk about that,” Krystal slurred, eyes still fixed on the TV screen.

 

“Alright, the other day—“

 

“Not that one either.”

 

“Krys, kindly shut up,” Jessica warned.

 

“Whatever.”

 

“She helps me with my schoolwork,” Tiffany blurted out.

 

Yuri chuckled. “That is probably the most entertaining thing they ever do save for the R-rated stuff.” Their friends’ eyebrows creased and Yuri went on to tell them the details. “I don’t think it’s called ‘helping.’ More like Krystal insulting Fany’s intelligence and leading to Fany getting good grades because Krystal has basically done all the work for her by correcting it.”

 

“So you’re only using her to get good grades?” Yoona asked.

 

“No! Kim Yoona, you of all people should know that I don’t get together with someone to use them!”

 

Jessica cocked her head to the side. She almost forgot that the two used to date but it’s not like she needed to be reminded of that.

 

“Like I said she has her good days but I couldn’t tell you about it since that satan child won’t let me!”

 

It took a while for Tiffany to calm down and it didn’t help that the best friends found the situation funny and they didn’t even bother stopping themselves from laughing. She eventually stopped talking soon as Krystal sat next to her, eyes half-lidded, head leaning on Tiffany’s shoulder, and put an arm around her waist to continue playing. The joystick soon fell on Tiffany’s lap when Krystal finally fell asleep.

 

“One of her good days?” Yoona playfully asked and all Tiffany could give her was a shy smile in response.

 

She leaned back and let the sleeping girl rest her head comfortably on her shoulder. Minutes later, she glared at Yuri and Yoona and two couldn’t help but be taken aback at the sudden mood change.

 

“Don’t think for a second that you two are off the hook.” She pointed her fingers at Yuri. “Are you gay?”

 

Taeyeon, Yoona and Jessica suddenly felt nervous knowing that after Yuri, one of them would be on the hot seat. 

 

 

_____

I do apologize for updating so slowly these days and for this update for being this short but I think I just set up the mood for the next chapter plus it wouldn't be nice to have this sort of cheesy chapter for krysfany and then mix it with an angsty yoonsic (although i think i did that too to set up the mood like i said) if you missed it: I DID A PREVIEW OF JEALOUS SICA

And again with the doubts this will be YOONSIC, don't worry. 

i'm not going to blame you though since i too have encountered far too many authors saying this couple would end up but they never did and authors who love teasing us readers and they don't tell you who would end up with who but really, trust me when i say this would end up with yoonsic. i will make that happen whether you like it or not.

Stuck by Stacie Orrico because Tiffany and Krystal are stuck with each other /grins and hopes that my lame excuse is enough