Love Hate

Pre-chorus

 

“Fany, are you even listening to what I’ve been saying for the past twenty minutes?” Yoona frowned when she saw Tiffany staring mindlessly at her coffee. “Goddammit, Fany, I called you because I thought you’d liste—“

 

“I am listening about your endless complaint. You can’t do anything about Jessica-unnie flying to another country to film the show. It’s part of the job.”

 

Yoona hated how Tiffany spoke monotonously since the girl was a ball of energy. She’s anything but lifeless and right now she’s really having a problem with the Tiffany that was in front of her.

 

“Alright. We’ll continue talking about this later—“

 

“No we won’t because as far as I’m concerned, that discussion is over. Now if you’ll excuse me, I want to go home and sleep.”

 

Yoona pulled her down before she could leave. “What is wrong with you?”

 

“I’m totally fine.”

 

“Oh, really? Way to prove that with a yawn and a sigh every ten seconds.”

 

Tiffany sighed. “I’m tired, Yoong. Let’s talk some other time.”

 

“No. Don’t you have any plans on talking to Krystal?”

 

“She doesn’t want to talk to me.” Tiffany finally picked up her cup of a coffee and drank it. It was already cold but she didn’t mind.

 

“How’d you know?”

 

“I ask Yuri to ask her if she wanted to talk to me.”

 

Yoona slammed her palm on her own forehead. “Oh my god, you’re hopeless.” She then saw Yuri pulling a scowling Krystal inside the café and towards the booth that they were occupying. “I should warn you that she owns a pepper spray and she’s not afraid to use it to a girl, even a kid.”

 

Before Tiffany could even ask her what the hell she was trying to say, she’s already stood up and the seat got occupied by a protesting Krystal who got pushed by Yuri.

 

“Conniving es,” Tiffany grumbled.

 

Just then Krystal, the overdramatic younger Jung, acted as if she was being suffocated. “Hel-help, I’m allergic to dogs,” she said, glaring at Tiffany.

 

The other two girls didn’t bother stifling their laughter because they certainly preferred this smartass Krystal more than the quiet Krystal.

 

“I’m out.”

 

Yuri held her down by her shoulders and said, “No, you’re not. If you get out of this café, someone would chase you down for not paying.”

 

“Are you forgetting that I have money, Kwon Yuri?”

 

“Yul’s not forgetting anything. You have money inside your wallet but I have it.” She waved the girl’s wallet in front of her face.

 

“You little—“

 

Krystal assessed the situation and seeing that Yuri and Yoona didn’t have anything to make her stay, she stood up and made her way towards the door. She hasn’t even taken three steps ‘til she heard Yoona screaming her lungs out.

 

“Help, that girl stole my wallet!”

 

Krystal saw people staring at her and she laughed it off. “Oh please, you’re a terrible actor. You have no proof!”

 

By this time, the manager of the café has already approached them. “Excuse me but what is this commotion about?”

 

“These insane people are accusing me of something absurd.”

 

“She stole my pink wallet!”

 

Krystal and Yoona said in unison.

 

“Yoona-unnie, what the hell?”

 

The manager saw the said wallet sticking out of Krystal’s back pocket and he snatched it away from her. “This wallet, ma’am?” Yoona nodded while Krystal rolled her eyes. “We’re going to call the police—“

 

“No, no, no. There’s no need for that, kind sir. We’ll just settle this here and we promise not to cause further commotion.”

 

The manager looked at Krystal suspiciously. “I’ll be watching you. No one gets their things stolen in this café.”

 

He walked away not hearing Krystal’s jab at his height and his crooked nose. She begrudgingly sat back down and Yoona sat beside her with Yuri sitting next to Tiffany.

 

“The sooner you two start talking, the sooner you’d get us out of your hair.”

 

“Pretend we’re not here,” Yoona added.

 

“That’s a bit hard to do when you have necks as long as a giraffe’s,” Tiffany stated and for the first time in like, ever, she made Krystal laugh.

 

Despite being laughed at, Yuri’s ability to notice something so quickly kicked in and she saw how it took barely three seconds for Tiffany’s ears to turn from being pale to being as red as a tomato. She didn’t say anything about it but mentally noted on telling it to Yoona.

 

“We have nothing to talk about,” Krystal stated nonchalantly.

 

Tiffany let out a low growl and sighed. “I’m sorry, alright? If you were jealous then you should’ve just said so.”

 

“I was not jealous!”

 

“Yes, you were.”

 

“I was not!” Krystal continued shouting but that was until the manager walked towards their booth and warned her.

 

Yoona and Yuri were both tired listening to them bicker and they had to interfere to get them to end their argument quicker.

 

“Krystal, just admit that you like Tiffany.”

 

“I do not!”

 

Yuri smirked. “That was too high-pitched, you’re lying.”

 

“Krys, she already knows you like her. It’s too obvious.”

 

“I do not! You cannot gang up on me with Yuri-unnie, Yoona-unnie.”

 

Tiffany leaned back on her seat and played with her phone. “If she doesn’t want to talk to me then we shouldn’t force her.”

 

The younger Jung looked up at her, biting her lip and breathing harshly through her nose. She stared at Tiffany longer hoping the girl would look back at her and see how angry she was but she didn’t.

 

“But I thought you wanted to talk to her.”

 

“She doesn’t want to talk me. It’s not like I can do anything about that.”

 

“Stop talking like I’m not here.” The younger Jung scowled and pushed Yoona off of the chair but the latter didn’t budge. “I would tell you on my sister.”

 

Yoona raised her arms and quickly got up. The three of them watched Krystal’s back as she stomped her way out of the café.

 

Tiffany snatched away her wallet that Yoona was holding and left. The two remaining girls sighed. They honestly thought their plan would work but they’ve underestimated their stubbornness.

 

Later that day, as Tiffany was watching her favourite movie for the nth time at her living room, she heard someone banging on the door. It scared the daylights out of her and millions of thoughts came to her head. Holy crap! What if those are the police and they’re here to arrest me for taking drugs? She remembered being picked a week ago for their school’s random drug testing.

 

Oh wait, what the ? I don’t do drugs. What if they’re burglars? Oh my god!

 

She quickly grabbed the bowl filled with popcorn and walked cautiously towards the door. She unlocked it and opened the door, stepping a few feet away but still grasping tightly on the bowl.

 

“Are you still hanging out with Kai?”

 

Her eyebrows were creased as she stared at the girl whom she thought was a burglar. It took her a few seconds before she could finally answer. “No. Poor guy’s scared of you. He actually believes that you food poisoned him and now he’s staying away from me as well.”

 

“Why would you even want to hang out with that wallflower and what the hell is the popcorn for?” Krystal arched her brow and pointed at the item on Tiffany’s hands. “Whatever, you’re stupid.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Do you want to come in?”

 

“I don’t need your permission,” she answered and made a bee line towards the couch, lying down on it and not giving Tiffany any space to sit on.

 

“This is my house.”

 

“God, so bossy,” she mumbled, shifting her leg to give Tiffany a tiny space to sit on.

 

They stared at the screen in silence, both of them not really paying attention to the movie but having their minds elsewhere. Tiffany kept glancing at the girl beside her and when she couldn’t take it anymore she spoke.

 

“So…you really like me?”

 

Krystal raised her index finger. “Not a word or I’ll shove a popcorn up your nose.” Tiffany tried to hide her smile. “Don’t think I didn’t see your ears turning red earlier.” It was her turn to smile slyly when she saw Tiffany trying to rack her brains out for an excuse.

 

Tiffany placed the bowl of popcorn on the table and fixed her hair so it covered her ears. She was cursing them for giving her away.

 

“I swear to god if I see you hanging out with that nerd again…”

 

“What?” Tiffany asked, challenging her.

 

Krystal huffed and glared at her.

 

“What?”

 

“You still have plans on hanging out with that guy?” Krystal spat.

 

“No, I’m just asking,” Tiffany muttered, shrinking back to her seat.

 

“I’ll knee-kick him in his family jewels.”

 

“So possessive.” Tiffany thought the younger girl wouldn’t hear but she did.

 

“Hey! I said not a word!”

 

“About you being possessive?”

 

Krystal clucked her tongue and warned her for the last time. “Stop that.”

 

Tiffany looked at her innocently, not wanting anything but to irritate the younger girl more. “Stop saying that you’re being possessive?”

 

Krystal sighed and leaned forward, grabbing a handful of popcorn and throwing it at Tiffany’s face. She used her other hand to grab another handful and threw it on Tiffany’s hair.

 

“YAH! “ Tiffany was about to pounce on her and land a few scratches on her face but the door suddenly opened.

 

“We leave you two for a few hours and this is what we get?” Yuri looked at Tiffany and hissed. “Why are you wasting popcorn?”

 

Both of them ignored her and resorted to hitting each other with pillows. Yuri made her way to the kitchen and grabbed two items before returning back to where the two girls were. Krystal and Tiffany stopped hitting each other when they saw the sharp object that Yuri was holding.

 

“If you really want to kill each other then use these knives.”

 

Tiffany was staring intently at her friend, thinking that she might actually be insane, and Krystal saw this as an opportunity to hit her since she was defenceless. A second later, they heard a piercing scream and Krystal could only stare with wide open at Tiffany’s tear-stained face.

 

 

---

 

 

“My sister did what?” 

 

“She hit Fany with a pillow so hard that her front tooth got chipped. It was quite a sight really.” Yoona told Jessica what she witnessed soon as she got to the dental clinic.

 

“My sister’s such an idiot.” Jessica heard loud music from her sister’s room indicating that she was home.  “Isn’t she supposed to be taking care of Fany after what she did? Why is she here?”

 

“Krystal’s actually really sweet…in a way.” She remembered how the younger Jung insisted on staying saying that Tiffany might fall on her “stupid ” again and chip another tooth. “She wanted to stay but Tiffany didn’t want to see her face and so we decided against it. Plus, Yuri and I had the sense not to leave those two alone again. It’s too dangerous.”

 

“I see. Good thinking.” Jessica browsed through the cookbook for dummies, looking for meals that she could make.

 

“So about the thing you said last night.”

 

“About me being gone for a month or so?”

 

Yoona nodded. “Mm-hmm. Do you really have to be gone that long?”

 

“Yes. It’s kind of my job to help and supervise the team. A month’s not that long though.”

 

“But...” Yoona paused and cleared . She didn’t want to sound like a whining kid. “We could still talk, right?”

 

Jessica shook her head. “The staff who went there said there’s poor reception. I don’t know. I guess it depends on the service provider.”

 

“So we can’t speak for a whole month?”

 

“A whole month and two weeks probably.” She turned her head to the side when she didn’t hear any response from the younger girl. She chuckled at how devastatingly cute she was looking at the moment.

 

There were a lot of things running in Yoona’s mind but she couldn’t say all of those things to Jessica. She didn’t want the older girl to think of her as a clingy girlfriend and it wouldn’t be right to be too dependent on the girl. So she tried to act cool although it might’ve been late for that.

 

“Oh, I see.”

 

“I know you’re gonna miss me,” Jessica said, looking up from the cookbook and grinning at Yoona.

 

“You have no idea how much,” she finally said, stopping the act. “That’s just too long.”

 

“You want to come with me?”

 

“Yes,” she answered a little too quickly.

 

“You can’t.”

 

Yoona frowned. She didn’t like what Jessica was doing. Not even a bit. It was like getting teased with food and she wasn’t a fan of joking around with food.

 

“Why not?”

 

“You’ll know once everything is finalized.”

 

Yoona certainly didn’t like being kept in the dark.

 

 

---

 

 

“Unnie, why were your promotions cut short?” Yoona asked as she fastened her seatbelt.

 

The Kim sisters were on their way home from a music show recording. Taeyeon and her band mates were informed that that was their last appearance on any music shows for their new single.

 

“That’s because I got picked.”

 

“Picked for what?”

 

“I’m going to be a castaway,” Taeyeon said in English.

 

“Castaway?” Yoona imitated with a weird diction. “What the heck is that?”

 

“I’m going to be on ‘Survivor’.”

 

“No way! How?”

 

“Because I’m cute and they need cute castaways, Yoong,” Taeyeon answered sarcastically. “Unlike what you and most people think, I’m actually quite fit and I passed the screening test so now I’m in.”

 

Yoona squealed like a little school girl and had it not been for Taeyeon’s calmness, they would’ve ended up colliding with another car.

 

“Yoong, calm down.”

 

“Oh my god! Wait, that’s why I can’t come with Jessica. Aww, man. I’m happy you got in though. That is so cool! Now, I really have a reason to watch that but are you sure you’re going to be fine, unnie?”

 

“I’ll be alright. Jessica’s there.” Taeyeon stepped on the break after that slip of the tongue, just in time though since the light also turned red. She knew her sister must be wondering why she said such thing so she immediately reasoned out, “I’m sure she won’t let her girlfriend’s sister be in harm.”

 

“I’ll tell her to look after you more than anyone else,” Yoona said. She wanted nothing else but for her sister and girlfriend to get along well.

 

Although that would probably be too much to ask on Jessica’s part.

 

 

---

 

 

Krystal was contemplating on whether to knock loudly, like what she did the other day, or to actually use the doorbell. She decided to do the latter, hoping the owner of the place would think she’s someone else. She knew it would definitely not be Yuri because it was the latter’s idea for her to visit Tiffany.

 

The door opened and she flinched at how sudden it was.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Krystal bit her lip and raised the plastic bag that contained the ice cream that she bought from a nearby market. “I wanted to buy the shooting star flavoured one but Yuri-unnie said you hated that. What kind of abominable creature hates that flavour? It’s the best ice cream out there.”

 

“That didn’t answer my question, dimwit.”

 

Krystal sighed. “Is your IQ that low that I have to spell everything out for you?”

 

Tiffany, clearly insulted with Krystal’s snarky reply, snatched away the ice cream from her and said, “You can go now. You’ve done what you came here to do.”

 

Krystal arched a brow and snatched it back. “I came here to eat it with you. Why are you so slow?”

 

Tiffany was in no mood to argue anymore especially when she had a peek of what ice cream the younger Jung has bought so she opened the door wider and let her in.

 

“Just sit your huge back to the couch and I’ll go get the spoons.”

 

“Do you always talk like that to everyone?”

 

“Nope. I do it only to you, dear,” she answered, her tone of voice sickeningly sweet.

 

Instead of getting two spoons, she only got one and grabbed a pair of chopsticks for Tiffany to use. Tiffany, not wanting to lose and not wanting Krystal to think that she’s won and pissed her off successfully, opted to use the chopsticks instead of going to the kitchen and getting her own spoon.

 

Krystal laughed her head off seeing Tiffany struggle as she poked the ice cream. “Oh god, why are you so stupid?”

 

Tiffany glared at her but continued finding ways to eat it using chopsticks.

 

“Sheesh! Here,” Krystal took the chopsticks away from her and handed her the spoon that she’s already used.

 

Tiffany took it but just stared at it. “This has your saliva all over it.”

 

“So?”

 

Tiffany dug in instead of replying back. She mentally laughed at their current relationship dynamics. It was weird but she’ll take it. She was also having fun anyways. She could take insults and throw it at Krystal at the same time. It was different but she was also starting to get used to it.

 

 

___

i honestly have no idea how Survivor works. I can't be too technical because I have no idea. I don't work for them, i just google stuff