Losing Grip

Pre-chorus

 

Krystal woke up and she was alarmed because an arm was draped over her waist. She swore she was ready to karate chop this person.

 

She turned around, mentally punching herself for thinking that the person beside her was a , a guy, despite having such smooth skin and a skinny arm. She enjoyed the warmth that she was receiving from Tiffany’s semi-embrace but if anyone ever asks, they’d have to kill her first to get a truthful answer.

 

Unaware that Tiffany has already woken up, she held the girl’s hand and gave it a light squeeze. Tiffany smirked and sat up, making the younger Jung squeal.

 

“What the hell!”

 

Krystal was shushed with a finger. Tiffany stared at her seductively before leaning down and placing a kiss on the corner of her lips. The younger one tilted her head a bit to kiss Tiffany on the lips and to deepen it but Tiffany pulled away. She noted how Krystal raised her head a bit and followed Tiffany’s retreating lips.

 

She leaned down down once again to whisper something on Krystal’s ear. “How about we both turn Kai into a man?”

 

Getting what Tiffany was implying, she pushed her off of her and huffed. “Screw him yourself.” She was ready to walk out of the room dramatically but not before a final word. “You know what, don’t screw him. Screw yourself. That poor guy doesn’t deserve having his first time with someone like you.”

 

She went out and slammed the door shut, walking out of the house altogether. She remembered she wasn’t wearing clothes that are enough to keep her warm but she couldn’t go back now, that would be too pathetic. She’s already walked out. That would be like throwing up and trying to hide the vomit by swall—that is just gross.

 

She paced back and forth in front of Taeyeon’s car.

 

“Krystal.”

 

Any other time she would’ve replied nicely but she was pissed off and when she’s pissed off like this, she’s just pretty much angry at everyone.

 

“Hey, what happened? You’re going to catch a cold if you stay here.”

 

“Leave me alone,” she murmured.

 

Seeing as to Krystal wasn’t really interested in talking to her, she gave up and went back inside to tell the older Jung about her. She knew Yoona wouldn’t want Jessica to be woken up so she decided not to tell her that she was going to have to wake Jessica up.

 

It turned out to be a difficult task but when she finally succeeded, she immediately explained what happened. Jessica didn’t waste any time and went out only to find her sister crouching down beside the car with her head buried in her arms.

 

“Krys, are you trying to get sick?” She motioned her to stand up and pulled her back inside the house. Jessica tried to know what exactly happened but her sister wouldn’t budge and kept on saying that she wanted to go home.

 

 

---

 

 

“What did you do now?”

 

Tiffany told her what happened and Yoona could only look at her in disdain.

 

“What exactly did you want to achieve when you told her that?”

 

She didn’t respond and just sat there like a little spoiled brat being reprimanded.

 

“I’ve already told you to stop trying to get back at her by using Kai but you’re just too damn stubborn.”

 

She continued to stay mum knowing very well that she’s done something really wrong because it was Yoona who was talking some sense in her. She hated it. She hated that the most immature person she knows was now telling her that what she’s done was wrong.

 

“Goddammit, Fany, now I’ve become the righteous that I didn’t want to be minutes ago while talking to Yuri. That’s you, Fany,” she held Tiffany’s shoulder and stared at her eyes, “You’re the righteous , not me. It fits you well. This…you being an evil witch doesn’t fit you that well.”

 

“Krystal brings out the worst in me,” she finally muttered.

 

“See? That makes you and Krystal a perfect couple. You bring out the worst in each other. That’s just so sweet. It’s like the most romantic author in the whole universe wrote your love story.”

 

Her eye twitched at that. “You’re confusing me.”

 

“Oh, come on! You two like each other so just admit. She annoys you and you hate that but that doesn’t mean that you don’t like her because you do. She obviously likes you because she’s jealous that you’re hanging out with Kai nowadays. She despises Kai and she’s jealous over him.” Yoona noticed the confusion on her friend’s face. “Your plan of making her jealous because you thought she likes Kai turned out to be you making her jealous of Kai because you’re the one that she likes, you idiot.”

 

“I don’t like her.”

 

“You hate her so much you slept with her?”

 

“You wouldn’t? That evil child is hot.”

 

“I would…not! Stop putting things in my head. Her sister is my girlfriend. God!”

 

“I know that she somehow likes me like that,” Tiffany said just above a whisper.

 

“What did you say?” Yoona’s ears were turning red. She was fuming in anger.

 

“I know she likes me like that even though she says she loathes me. Do you honestly think I had no idea, Yoong? I’m not that dense.”

 

“You knew and you still carried on with your stupid plan of using Kai and making her jealous?”

 

“Don’t act like that, Yoong. You don’t have to side with her just because she’s your girlfriend’s sister.”

 

“I’m not siding with her because of that. I’m not going to side with you because you’re wrong, Fany.”

 

“And she isn’t?”

 

“What exactly did she do wrong?”

 

“I told you she brings out the worst in me! That’s not sweet at all. She pisses me off to no end and makes me act like a rude person even though I’m normally not.”

 

“And you’re not doing the same thing to her?”

 

The two heard someone knocking and Yoona walked towards the door to answer it. “Jessica.”

 

“Krys said she wanted to go home. What happened?”

 

“Same old, same old. Fight with my idiotic ex-girlfriend.”

 

Tiffany pouted. Yoona usually referred to her as ‘ex-girlfriend’ when she’s upset and they’re in the same room.

 

“Oh, can we go home via bus or train from here?”

 

Tiffany was finally feeling the guilt so she told Jessica that she and Krystal could take her car.

 

“How would you guys go home then? I can’t let you guys be in a cramped up car for three hours.”

 

“I’ll go with you and Krystal. I can’t let you drive,” Yoona offered.

 

Tiffany sighed. “Let’s just cut the trip short and go home.”

 

“That’s really not necessa—“

 

“It’s fine Jessica-unnie. It’s my fault anyways. I’ll go tell the rest.” Tiffany excused herself and left the two girls.

 

Jessica took a deep breath. She just woke up and she already has to deal with her pissed off sister and the girl who looked depressed as hell when she walked out of the room. The same girl that her sister probably likes.

 

“Sorry you woke up to this. Yuri woke up, didn’t she?” Yoona asked as she her girlfriend’s back.

 

“Yes.”

 

Everyone else has woken up, even the two guys who spent their night in the bathroom and Taeyeon, who despite the doors being slammed shut multiple times was still able to sleep peacefully.

 

They all agreed that it would be best to not change the arrangements. The Kims and the Jungs would still be in the same car on their way back to Seoul.

 

“Taeng-unnie, I’ll drive. Sleep more.”

 

“Are you sure?” Yoona nodded her head and smiled, getting the car keys on Taeyeon’s hand. They got in and as Yoona was starting the engine, Taeyeon put her seatbelt on and discreetly observed the two girls in the backseat.

 

Krystal was staring out the window, zoning out while her sister was staring at her.

 

“Krystal, are you hungry?” Yoona asked, hoping it would cheer her up but it did nothing. The younger Jung just ignored her.

 

She drove away and the ride back home was a lot more eerie and awkward.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t sleep so she just stared outside. She noticed her sister who kept using the rear view mirror to check up on Jessica.  A few minutes later the two of them noticed a banging sound every time Yoona overtook a car and drive back to their lane. Taeyeon looked at the sisters and saw Krystal using a pillow to lean on the window so she won’t bump her head… Wait, what? She took the pillow from the pension house? She shook her head and stared at the older one. Jessica was leaning on the window and unlike her sister she didn’t have anything to cushion her head. Stupid Sica. Your sister had the sense to steal a pillow to protect her head.

 

“Yoong, pull over. I’ll drive.” Taeyeon got off and sat on the driver’s seat.

 

When Yoona was about to take the front seat, she stopped her and said, “Yoong, go to the backseat so your girlfriend could sleep properly.”

 

“I was thinking I could put my hands on the window to…your idea’s much better than mine, unnie.” Taeyeon chuckled and Yoona shut the door to the front seat before getting on the backseat.

 

She carefully moved Jessica and sat beside her. She contemplated on whether to let Jessica’s head rest on her lap or let her lean on her shoulder. She chose the latter seeing the car isn’t that big. When she was satisfied with their position, she placed a kiss on top of Jessica’s head and tangled her hand with Jessica’s.

 

She talked about random things with her sister just so the older Kim won’t get sleepy while driving. When they got there, Yoona woke the sisters up and told Taeyeon to wait for her. She led the Jung sisters upstairs and bid goodbye soon as she was sure that the sisters were going to be fine.

 

“You’re not going to stay there for the night?” Taeyeon asked while Yoona buckled her seatbelt.

 

“Nope. I’m going to be spending more time with my sister tonight while she’s not that busy.” The younger Kim smiled widely and Taeyeon knew very well what she was trying to say.

 

“Do you two always say anything and everything to each other?”

 

“Yuri’s my best friend, unnie. I tell her what my poo looks like when I think it’s not normal.”

 

“Too much detail, Yoong.” The older Kim started the engine and drove back home.

 

“Speaking of telling someone anything and everything, why didn’t you tell me you wanted to join ‘Survivor’?”

 

Taeyeon wasn’t quite sure what to say. She should’ve expected Yoona to know eventually considering the fact that her sister’s girlfriend is one of the producers but she didn't.

 

“I wanted it to be a, um, surprise! Yes, surprise!” she exclaimed. Her enthusiasm was a little too much but she had to make up an answer quickly or her sister would suspect something.

 

Yoona looked at her worriedly. “Unnie, you’re too young to have mid-life crisis. What if you get in?”

 

“Then I’ll play.”

 

“Could you do it though?”

 

“I’m only allergic to nuts, Yoong so unless they ship the players to a place filled with nut and feed them to me, I’ll be fine. Besides, I’ve been working out.”

 

“Since when?”

 

Taeyeon gave her a mysterious smirk and she was seriously thinking of getting her sister tested for possible mental problem. But like Taeyeon said she really has been working out and her sister need not to worry. The other potential players also shouldn't count her out if she does get qualified to play.

 

 

---

 

 

“Jessica-ssi, where have you been?”

 

“I’m sorry I’m late. I was…” she stopped talking when she saw the people who were still running another lap on the oval.

 

They’ve gotten an overwhelming amount of interested applicants and they were now in the screening process where they’d evaluate how fit the prospective players are. There were a couple of doctors and several medics helping them to ensure the safety of the celebrities.

 

There were a few of them that Jessica could recognize. There were a couple of them whom she thought were fit enough to last long in the competition but of course, that’s pretty much just based on how they’re doing on the track. For all she knows, these people would find it hard to survive with in an isolated place where they have to work just to eat, drink and sleep on a comfortable spot.

 

One person has caught her attention though. She was sweating and panting which was natural but she didn’t look like she was going to pass out which was quite surprising. She was even more surprised when she borrowed the timer from the other PD and checked the time. They’ve been running for twenty minutes? What the hell? I look like a fish out of water every time I try to do a light jog for two minutes.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi is doing really well, don’t you think?” The PD who’s a huge fan of Taeyeon said, nudging Jessica.

 

“Has her pace changed yet?”

 

“No. Her pacing never changed ever since they started.” The PD saw her jaw dropping and she chuckled“That’s how all the others reacted when Taeyeon-ssi said she’s been into Muay Thai for about a year now.”

 

Jessica was speechless and wondered how she didn’t know that but then she remembered that they’ve already broken up at that time. She still couldn’t believe that Taeyeon would be into such sport. Much less a combat sport.

 

“She said it became her stress reliever and every time she has a free time, she’d go to the gym and train.”

 

Stress reliever?

 

Jessica stared at the buff male model that stopped running and lay down on the track, clearly exhausted. The medics rushed to him and Jessica shifted her gaze to Taeyeon who was still running. She heard Jaewon blowing the whistle as a signal that they’ve already hit the twenty-five minute mark.

 

“I could imagine her kicking and punching something and the picture is just too funny.” Jessica chuckled at the PD’s statement, picturing the same thing. “Someone so petite and frail-looking doing that is just…it’s funny and would probably be shocking for everyone. It would be amazing to watch something like that though. I hope I could see her sparring with someone someday.”

 

Jessica noticed Taeyeon finally slowing down, sweat dripping all over her face and her body. Her lips were also a bit pale but she still kept running. Another whistle as they hit the thirty-minute mark. A minute after that, Taeyeon halted and had her hands on her knees.

 

Jessica unconsciously walked closer from where she was and soon enough, she was already running towards Taeyeon who was now on her knees. The medics were a lot faster than she was and by the time she got there, they were already checking her stats and rehydrating her. She noticed the sweat trickling down Taeyeon’s eyes and she quickly grabbed her handkerchief from her back pocket, squatting down beside the singer and wiping the sweat on her face.

 

The older Jung stopped what she was doing to let the medics put a nasal oxygen tube up Taeyeon’s nose even though the latter insisted that she didn’t really need it. Jessica cupped Taeyeon’s cheek and asked, “Are you okay?”

 

Even though her eyes were still a bit glassy, she was finally able to recognize the girl in front of her. “Sica,” she mumbled.

 

“Nod if you don’t feel like you’re gonna die.” Taeyeon chuckled weakly but nodded nevertheless. Jessica sighed in relief and let go of her. “You pushed yourself too much.”

 

“She’s right,” one of the medics said. “You should’ve stopped when you felt light-headed. Can you try to stand up?”

 

Taeyeon nodded once again and walked towards the bench.

 

Jessica remained close seeing as how she was wobbling. She saw tangerines on the table near the bench and grabbed three. She sat down beside Taeyeon and peeled the citrus fruit and gave it to the girl beside her. “Eat this.”

 

“Thanks.” Taeyeon popped the whole thing into . She tried to start a conversation while chewing the food in , forgetting her manners. “This thing is good. Oxygen is good,” she said as she pointed at the tube that was up her nose.

 

“It is good especially when you think you can run for thirty minutes straight,” the Jung stated, staring at the guys who were still running. She started wondering why she’s not as athletic as those guys.

 

Taeyeon stifled a laugh sensing that Jessica was in no mood to joke around. She was handed another tangerine and this time she split it in half and offered the other half to Jessica which the Jung declined.

 

She sighed and just popped it in . Before she could speak again, her ex-girlfriend beat her to it.

 

“You better know what you’re getting yourself into. You do Muay Thai, that’s good but that doesn’t guarantee your survival in an island where you could only have the clothes on your back and whatever we give your tribe which is really not a lot.”

 

She looked around and saw some of the celebrities telling their managers to do this and that for them. Some were having their feet massaged. Some of them even had an assistant to hold their bottled water for them while they drank from a straw. These people would quit on the second day at most.

 

“You’ve showed us your endurance and that could help but you’re not going to be running on every game every time. You have to be mentally prepared and I sure hope you already are because they’re already probably jotting your name down on the list of future castaways.”

 

With that, she stood up and left the last tangerine beside Taeyeon.

 

When the girl was out of sight, Taeyeon grabbed the tangerine, holding it tightly and partially hoping that it still had Jessica’s warmth. It didn’t. She looked up and spotted Jessica talking to the other staff.

 

“It was nice talking to you for a bit.” She put the tangerine insider her hoodie’s pocket and stood up. Before she got inside the company van, she looked back at Jessica once again. She saw her talking on the phone and laughing. She knew Jessica was talking to her sister and she felt as if she was being pinched. The pain gradually increased and it started to sting. She looked away and got inside her van before their manager yell at her for staying out in the cold for too long.

 

____

taengsic, it's so short, did you see it? the things i state here, i would most likely state on the taengsic story that i'm about to write after the final chapter for this one and lol thank you for trusting moi 

i'm gonna get back on krysfany on the next chapter

and for the person asking for my ssf username..no. XD i do have a fanfic there but i'm not going to tell what it is. hint: yulti, taengsic aaaaaaaaaannnnddd it's really long and not finished yet