I'm Like a Lawyer With the Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off

Pre-chorus

 

…if I woke up next to you.” The two saw Taeyeon creasing her eyebrows and adjusting her in ear monitors. The band were recording their first comeback stage and Yoona, who’s never missed their first recording during their comebacks, have somehow convinced Jessica to go with her.

 

She went over to the tech crew and told the guy to turn up the volume on her in ear monitor since she couldn’t hear herself that well. Unlike some other bands that couldn’t play their instruments live because the music shows think it would time consuming to set things up, they could refuse not to be on these shows if they don’t let them play live. Some people think they’re acting like a bunch of divas but they don’t really give a damn about other people who think their negativity matters. They care about the people who listen to their music.

 

Jessica watched them intently as they prepare to perform their new single once again. She should’ve been in a foreign country right now, checking out locations for the show but how could she leave when a certain doe-eyed girl was looking at her with a crestfallen expression as she told her about the supposed trip. So she decided to stay.

 

…is to realize that two out of three ain’t bad…

 

She smiled a bit as she watched and listened. It’s been a while since she's seen them performing live and the habits that she’s observed from watching them were still there.

 

Kangin, the lead guitarist, was an expert in finding the camera. Their drummer, Junsu, had a habit of biting his lips while playing. Yunho, their bass player, had this weird habit of pursing his lips while bobbing his head. The person responsible for playing the rhythm guitar had a habit of sticking his tongue out.

 

She remembered what Taeyeon used to say to him right after recording. “Jaejoong-oppa, your tongue!”

 

Then there was Taeyeon who would face away from the camera when she’s trying to hit high notes. “I don’t look pleasing in the eyes when I sing the hard notes,” was her excuse.

 

Ain’t bad.

 

“I don’t understand this song at all,” Yoona commented. “Sometimes I think my sister’s being too deep.”

 

They performed one more time before the staff told them that they’ve done well and there wouldn’t be a need to perform for the fourth time. The five of them bowed and greeted their fans before leaving the stage.

 

Yoona dragged Jessica to the dressing room to follow them. They greeted the guys with Yoona introducing Jessica. She also told them that Jessica was working in that station now. Two of the guys tried to hit on her only to receive a rough shove from the younger Kim.

 

Yoona then looked around to look for her sister but she was nowhere in sight.

 

“Hurricane diarrhea.”

 

All of them turned their heads to the person who just entered the room, groaning about diarrhea. The first laugh they heard was from Jessica who tried her best to stifle it but it was all in vain. There are just things that Taeyeon has said in the past that she won’t be able to forget. The term ‘hurricane diarrhea’ was one of them.

 

“Oh? You laugh at weird things, Jessica-ssi,” Kangin said as his smile widened.

 

“Isn’t she cute?” Yoona let go of Jessica’s hand that she’s been holding since they arrived there and walked towards her sister to give her a hug. “Taeng-unnie, I don’t understand your new song,” she said bluntly.

 

“Study more and maybe you’ll understand what it means someday.”

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. Her sister really won’t get over her habit of skipping a few classes from time to time. She placed her palm on her sister’s tummy and asked, “What did you eat again?”

 

“I don’t really know.”

 

Jessica cleared . “Yoong, I just received a text message asking me to go to meet with a few people that we needed to talk to.”

 

“Do you want me to walk you there?”

 

Jessica shook her head and smiled. “I’ll be fine.”

 

Taeyeon watched the two of them as they bid goodbye. Soon as Jessica got out, she received a pat on the back from the guys and a few praises. “Jessica’s a nice catch, Yoong. Well done.”

 

Taeyeon interrupted them by asking her sister what show Jessica was working on.

 

“Survivor. My addiction to watching TV would go back again once it airs and she’s not even going to be on it.”

 

Survivor, huh? Taeyeon thought. She was still thinking of ways to apologize to the girl and an opportunity just came up. It wasn’t going to be easy though.

 

 

---

 

 

“There were a lot of celebrities that showed interest in being castaways!” one of the executive producers exclaimed. Everyone was quite excited as to how things were working out.

 

“There are a few interesting figure that I never thought would be interested in joining,” he added. “Bora, the athletic member of of her group, was not a surprise but Kim Taeyeon surely was.”

 

Jessica stopped writing soon as she heard the name. “Kim Taeyeon?”

 

“You’re not familiar with her, Jessica-ssi?” Jaewon asked.

 

“No, I, uh, I am but I’m sorry but does she know how physical the game could get?” She was partially worried for the girl. Taeyeon wasn’t exactly agile and she doesn’t really exercise that much. A short walk from her room to the elevator would make her pant.

 

“There’s a screening process so we just have to see if she could really do it.”

 

Another colleague voiced out her opinion and it was obvious that she was a fan. “Taeyeon-ssi lives a pretty healthy lifestyle though. I heard she doesn’t smoke and drink. No vices but there is an issue about her getting tired easily.”

 

Do you even know what you’re trying to get yourself into? She wanted to meet with her and ask her what she was planning to do but she erased that thought immediately.

 

“The location is final then? Caramoan Islands?” Everyone nodded. They discussed which island would be better for the contestants to feel like real castaways.

 

Jessica along with the other producers is really excited and they were all being optimistic that everything would go well. They’ve finished brainstorming about games that the contestants could play for immunity and reward and called it a day.

 

“Jessica.” She turned around and saw Yoona leaning against the wall.

 

“Why are you still here?”

 

“Taeyeon-unnie and the oppas are filming a show in the 3rd floor. I brought them food and decided to see if your meeting’s finished.”

 

Jessica could see that she was clutching something behind her back. Yoona was grinning from ear to ear and finally revealed the thing that she’s been hiding.

 

She pursed her lips and stared at it. “What the heck?”

 

“Others would say ‘thank you’ when they’re given flowers.” Yoona’s hand that was holding the long-stemmed rose fell to her side.

 

“Why would you give me a rose though?”

 

“Why do I have to have a reason?” Yoona whined.

 

Jessica laughed a bit. She doesn’t know why but Yoona’s whining has grown on her and she finds it amusing now. She took the rose from Yoona’s hand and linked arms with her as they headed to the elevator.

 

“Are you staying at my place?”

 

“Can’t you just tell me to stay at your place instead of asking me?”

 

“Why would I do that?”

 

“Because it would make me feel like you really want me to stay.”

 

She decided to tease the younger girl for the heck of it. “But I don’t want you to stay. I don’t want to lie. Lying’s very bad.” Yoona whined even more and clung onto her like a child. A child that was taller than her, that is.

 

As punishment for Jessica’s teasing, Yoona decided to stay at her place and hinder her from doing work. When she got tired doing that, she started asking Jessica random questions and they somehow ended up talking about the new show. She remembered Taeyeon.

 

“Tell your sister to back out now. What was she thinking trying to join it? You guys have no idea what they do there, do you? You’ve never watched the US series before?”

 

“I honestly don’t know why she would do that. She didn’t even tell me but she’s a big girl, she can do whatever she wants. Taeyeon-unnie might shock us, you know. She could win the whole thing.”

 

“She has to pass the screening first.” Which I highly doubt considering the fact that she’s really unfit.

 

Then an idea came to Yoona’s mind. “What if I joined?”

 

Jessica looked at her, figuring out if she was being serious. “You can’t join,” she finally said.

 

“Why not?”

 

“You’re related to me. People who are related to the staff can’t join.”

 

“How am I related to you?” Jessica just rolled her eyes and stood up to grab a drink from their fridge. “Hey, hey, answer me,” she whined for the nth time that day.

 

Yoona followed her and hugged her from the back as Jessica poured herself a drink. “Tell me.”

 

“You’re such a sometimes.”

 

Yoona was still clueless. “Why?”

 

Jessica placed a chaste kiss on the younger girl’s lips. “Think harder.”

 

“Why are you doing this to me? I can’t think harder anymore. It’s already late and my brain is beginning to shut down and…” She stopped talking when a realization hit her. “Are you saying we’re, uh…”

 

“Yes, stupid, that’s what I’m saying!” She yawned. “Let’s go to sleep. I’m tired.”

 

She was heading towards her bedroom but was pulled back by Yoona. “Are you serious?”

 

“I never joke around when I’m sleepy. Now, can we sleep pl—“ She was cut off by Yoona when the latter kissed her. She felt Yoona’s hand going around her neck, pulling her closer. She responded to the kiss before she gently pushed her away. “I’m sleepy.”

 

“Are you really serious though?

 

“Yes but I could take it back.”

 

“Nope. No take backs, my lady.” Jessica rolled her eyes at the comment. Yoona crouched down and said, “I’ll give you a piggy-back ride to your room.”

 

Jessica grinned and immediately got on to the younger girl’s back and wrapped her arms around her.

 

When they got inside her room, she got off of Yoona and onto her bed. “Thanks, Yoong.”

 

“Anything for my girlfriend.” The way she emphasized the last word made Jessica laugh. She also raised her eyebrows in a very suggestive way.

 

Jessica lay on the bed with Yoona lying down beside her. She had her back on the younger girl and she felt her embracing her.

 

“Jessica?” she heard Yoona’s call which was just slightly above whisper. Yoona was probably just checking if she’s already asleep so she didn’t answer.

 

“I love you, Jessica.”

 

Jessica turned around and planted a kiss on Yoona’s forehead. It was still her reply and Yoona didn’t mind. After all, she wasn’t lying when she told Jessica that she was going to wait.

 

 

---

 

 

Yoona’s alarm went off and she quickly switched it off but then her phone rang. She stared at the name on the screen before answering it groggily. “Someone better be dying for you to be calling this early, Fany.”

 

“Oh my god! You forgot!”

 

Yoona muttered a swear word. She did forget about their plans this weekend. Well, she actually forgot what day it was that day.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“You have got to be kidding me. Taeyeon-unnie remembered!”

 

Yoona ended up asking her older sister to go with them even though Tiffany said she would do it. Fortunately, Taeyeon had a free weekend and said she would be able to go with them.

 

“I’m really sorry. I was a bit pre-occupied last night and I haven’t even asked Jessica if she wanted to go.”

 

Pre-occupied, right. Even Krystal said she’d go.”

 

“How’d you pull that one off?”

 

“Yuri asked her. Stop stalling and wake Jessica-unnie up so you two can get your asses here right this instant.”

 

“Alright. Calm your not-so-big .” She laughed and hung up when she heard Tiffany being all defensive about her bosoms.

 

She then gently Jessica’s shoulder and whispered in her ear. “Jessica, wake up.”

 

She did it a few times and finally ended up waking her by using a non-conventional way to wake people up. She propped herself up on her elbow and rubbed her nose on the older girl’s neck. “Jessica, wakey, wakey.”

 

She then started kissing her ear and continued telling her to wake up. Jessica woke up when Yoona started nibbling on her earlobe. She was already conscious when Yoona said, “Her ear is kinda weird.”

 

“Why is it weird?” She sat up and rubbed her eyes.

 

Yoona didn’t answer her question. Instead, she smiled and pecked the girl’s lips. “Good morning, girlfriend.”

 

“You’ll never get over that, huh?” Jessica lay down again but this time it was on Yoona’s lap.

 

“Of course, I won’t.” She ran her hand through Jessica’s hair and removed the strands of stray hair from her face. “I forgot to ask you something. There’s this annual trip that—“

 

“Krystal has told me about it. She needed my permission to go.”

 

“Oh. Can you go as well?”

 

“Sure but don’t expect me to be awake, okay?”

 

Yoona nodded and kissed her forehead. “Can I tell them you’re my girlfriend now?”

 

“Yuri and Tiffany?”

 

“Everyone.”

 

Jessica chuckled. “Sure.”

 

Yoona gave her another kiss before pulling her up. She went to the bathroom while Yoona went to the younger Jung’s room and woke her up. Thanks to her quick reflex, she avoided getting kicked in the face by the younger girl.

 

After they’ve all taken a bath and dressed up, they called Tiffany to pick them up. They decided not to use Jessica’s car to save gas. Krystal chose to ride at the back seat which made Yoona take the front seat. The younger Jung didn’t pass up on the opportunity to tick off Tiffany by slamming the door as hard as possible.

 

Tiffany huffed and chose to let it slide this time. When they got to their destination which was at the front of Tiffany’s apartment, they saw the others waiting for them there.

 

Jessica was surprised to see Taeyeon there but she didn’t show it. Yoona, on the other hand, was surprised seeing the familiar man standing beside her best friend.

 

“Youngbae?”

 

“Hey, Yoona.” The guy greeted, eyes turning into slits as she smiled at her.

 

She pointed at Yuri and Youngbae and said, “I thought you guys have broken up.”

 

Yuri smiled awkwardly. “We got back together again.”

 

Yoona looked at Tiffany for confirmation and she received a slight nod. She also saw Tiffany mouthing, “Yuri’s stupid like that.”

 

“Uh, glad you’d be joining us then.” She intertwined hers and Jessica’s hand together and grinned. “I have to tell you guys something. Jessica and I—“

 

“What the hell is he doing here?” Yoona got cut off by the younger Jung who just got off the car and laid eyes on the other person that she hated the most.

 

“Kai’s going to join us because I invited him,” Tiffany answered simply which earned a glare from Krystal.

 

“Okay, messed up people, as I was saying, Jessica and—“

 

“They had all night so they ended up waking up late. Yoong even forgot about this trip.” It was Tiffany who cut her off this time.

 

“That is not true! We didn’t even do it last night.” Three pairs of ears were now blushing. “That is not the point. I swear if someone cuts me off again…” she breathed in and out, “Jessica’s my girlfriend now.”

 

Taeyeon shifted her gaze from the floor to the new couple. Yuri couldn’t contain her excitement and squealed. “Seriously? Super hot sugar mommy, is that true?”

 

Jessica sighed. She figured Yuri will never stop calling her that ever. “It’s true.”

 

Tiffany mirrored Yuri’s reaction. “I am so happy for you both. God! You two look so good together.”

 

Krystal choked on her saliva when she remembered something due to Tiffany’s remark. “Good thing she dumped your ugly .”

 

Before a physical fight broke out, Yoona suggested that they start picking which car they’d be riding.

 

“I definitely don’t want that evil kid with us.”

 

“It’s not like I’d want to ride in your smelly car either,” she was lying of course. She actually liked how Tiffany’s car smelled. She then asked who owns the other car that was parked beside Tiffany’s. When Taeyeon raised her hand and Yoona introduced her to the older Kim, the younger Jung shot Taeyeon a glare when no one was looking. She didn’t want to ride Taeyeon’s car either but it was better than riding with Kai and Tiffany. She stared at her sister and Yoona who still had their hands entwined.

 

“I’ll take the passenger’s seat then. You lovebirds could take the back seat.” Krystal walked past Taeyeon and the latter couldn’t even protest even though she’s older and it was her car.

 

“Well, that was very considerate of her,” Yoona said.

 

Jessica knew the other reason why she did it though. She followed her sister and got in as well. The Kim sisters took the liberty of getting the Jung sisters’ bags from Tiffany’s car. Soon as they were done with that, they drove away.

 

They were only driving for an hour when Krystal started complaining about being hungry. “I want to eat a bowl of hot spicy noodle soup.”

 

The older Jung rolled her eyes at the silly request. “We’re in a moving car. How can you possibly eat that?”

 

“I’m hungry. I want something hot.”

 

Yoona leaned forward and said, “We could get coffee.”

 

“I saw a coffee shop a hundred meters back. Do you want us to turn around?” Taeyeon asked her passengers.

 

“I’ll call Yuri and tell them.”

 

So they turned around and met a coffee shop where Krystal and Yoona bought every snack they laid eyes on and made their sisters pay. The trip to the pension house that Yuri and Tiffany rented out was finally peaceful with the occasional burping from the younger ones.

 

The people from the other car were getting along with each other. The girls were busy talking about girl stuff and the two guys sitting in the back seat both had their earphones plugged in, bobbing their heads along the song they’re listening to.

 

Another two hours and they finally arrived at their destination. It was a four-bedroom bungalow and it also had a pool which they can’t use, unfortunately, because it was already too cold to go out swimming.

 

“I want to room with Yuri-unnie.”

 

Tiffany stared at Krystal with an arched brow.

 

“Krys, let Yuri room with whoever she wants,” Jessica said, hinting to her clueless sister that Yuri might want to be in a room with her boyfriend.

 

“I’ll be rooming with you then.”

 

Yoona quickly disagreed. “You should room with Yuri if you really want to.” The younger Kim really wanted to be in the same room with her girlfriend.

 

Tiffany clung onto Kai and said, “You could room with us, lady Lucifer.”

 

“No thanks.”

 

“Taeyeon-unnie won’t be rooming with anyone. You two could be in the same room.”

 

No, they can’t.

 

“I’ll be in the same room as Krys’ while Yoong can room with her sister.” As much as she wanted to stay with Yoona in the same room, she just couldn’t let Taeyeon room with her sister. She didn’t want her sister to go to jail for committing a crime.

 

“But…” Yoona was pouting so she reached for the girl’s cheek and caressed it.

 

“My sister’s being a brat. Sorry.”

 

“Unnie,” Krystal whined.

 

Taeyeon saw her sister’s dejected expression and joked, “Hey, can you not show me how disappointed you are on sleeping in the same room as I am?”

 

Yoona reacted the same way as Krystal did. The two stomped their way to their rooms and left their sisters.

 

“Can anyone tell me where the bathroom is?” 

 

They turned their attention to Kai who, for the first time that day, spoke.

 

“I really need one.”

 

 

____

and of course, taeyeon didn't write the song she was singing. it was fall out boy's song but let's pretend she did and that she wrote for a Jung. I honestly don't know what the song means though too freaking deep