Gives You Hell

Pre-chorus

 

Krystal was pissed off. It started when she hopped in the cab and told the driver to drive to the airport but drove her to the Port of Los Angeles instead. Her bad luck continued when she missed her flight and had to book the later flight that was scheduled to leave six hours after the flight that she missed.

 

She not only has to wait at the airport because she was too lazy to go back but she also had to endure the endless crying of the baby next to her. She couldn’t move elsewhere. For some reason, majority of the people from LA decided it was best to book their flights that day.

 

The twelve-hour flight was tolerable but she had to admit that she could do without the old lady sitting next to her who yapped about her false teeth.

 

When she arrived to Seoul, she was already expecting tons of other things to go wrong because of the events that happened to her earlier. Luckily for her, the streak of bad luck seemed to have ended when the plane landed.

 

She hailed a cab and told the cab driver where to go.

 

Soon as she got the phone call from her sister who was sobbing, she decided to immediately fly to Seoul to know what went wrong. Her sister didn’t really tell her that much. Jessica actually didn’t say anything really. She just cried but the younger Jung understood. Her sister being distraught meant lots and lots of tears minus the talking.

 

She quickly assumed it had something to do with Yoona so when she saw the girl coming out of the building where her sister now resides, she told the driver to stop, paid him and left her luggage on the sidewalk. She then approached Yoona and grabbed the older girl by the collar of her shirt.

 

“What the hell did you do to my sister?”

 

Yoona was too shaken up to answer. She honestly thought she was being mugged.

 

“Answer me!” Krystal bellowed.

 

“I-I didn’t do a-anything,” she answered, albeit in a stutter. The younger Jung was really intimidating her.

 

“Why was she crying when she called me then?”

 

“I don’t know. I went out for a while and when I came back she was packing her bags and she was crying. She won’t tell me what happened,” Yoona explained.

 

“HEY! What the heck do you think you’re doing, kid?”

 

Krystal shifted her gaze to the girl who was walking angrily towards them. “I’m not a kid. Stay out of this.”

 

“I am not gonna stay out of this so you,” she pried away Krystal’s hands away from Yoona’s shirt, “leave Yoong alone.”

 

Krystal scowled at the girl who interrupted them.

 

“Fany, it’s fine. She’s Jung Krystal, Jessica’s sister.”

 

The younger Jung huffed and turned her attention back to Yoona. “So where’s my sister now? You told me the other day that you’d call me back but you didn’t.”

 

“We were busy buying and arranging stuff in her place. She’s right there now. My friends and I will be buying lunch. We’ll be back in a bit.”

 

Krystal sized up the two girls standing beside Yoona. “These are your friends?”

 

“I’m Kwon Yuri.”

 

She didn’t return the smile that Yuri directed at her but she did bow her head a bit. “Krystal.”

 

Yoona had to nudge Tiffany to introduce herself and after a few seconds of refusing to do so, she finally did. “Tiffany Hwang.”

 

The younger Jung stared at her indifferently and walked away to get her luggage. “I’ll be going to my sister now. Could you buy me a chicken sandwich and a Mocha Frappuccino? Thanks, Yoona-unnie. You’re a sweetheart.”

 

Tiffany scoffed at her actions. “Could you believe that kid?”

 

“I know, right? Chicken sandwich and a frappuccino? Weird appetite,” Yuri said which Yoona quickly agreed on.

 

“That’s not what I meant, dummyYul. I definitely like Jessica-unnie more than her.”

 

“I feel the same way,” Yoona quipped. “She’s too scary.”

 

With that the three of them made their way to Tiffany’s car and drove off to buy their lunch leaving the Jung sisters to talk to each other.

 

To say Jessica was surprised with her sister’s sudden appearance would be an understatement. She didn’t even know how her sister managed to fly to Seoul without their parents knowing.

 

She wanted to reprimand her sister for possibly missing her classes but that thought dissipated when she saw the worried look on Krystal’s eyes and when the younger Jung embraced her.

 

“Tell me everything,” she demanded and so Jessica did, word for word. When she finished, her urge to slap Taeyeon senselessly came back. She just couldn’t believe that tiny person who looked so angelic on TV would say something so horrible about her sister.

 

“How could she even say that to you? Is she forgetting how she tossed you aside? You can date anyone you want! You don’t need her permission. You can date her sister or her mother or—“

 

“Krys, that’s too much,” Jessica warned. She knew Krystal was just mad and she knew she would drag anyone she wished to drag when she’s angry.

 

“Okay, maybe I went overboard with that but still. How dare she tell you what to do! That puny being! I should call Hyoyeon-unnie and Sooyoung-unnie. I’m sure the three of us can get through her security and we can beat the hell out of her!”

 

If this wasn’t such a serious discussion, Jessica would’ve laughed her off. “What about the horde of fans?”

 

“That…That is a different thing and maybe we’ll need some more back up.” The younger Jung sighed, tired because of her ranting. “Why didn’t you tell Yoona-unnie?”

 

“Listen to me, Yoona should never know any of this.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why should she? I don’t want her relationship with her sister to be ruined because of me.”

 

“Well, her sister was being a big .”

 

“I would’ve said and done the same thing if I were in her position,” Jessica replied back with conviction but Krystal knew better.

 

“You would’ve handled it a lot better than that Kim Taeyeon did. How could she even think you’re capable of using some other person just to get back at her? How in the world did it even cross her mind that you’re out to get revenge for breaking up with you? Did she think you are that desperate?”

 

Jessica shrugged. “She could think whatever she wants. I don’t care anymore.”

 

“I do hope you mean that.”

 

“I do.”

 

“You wouldn’t have been so upset if that were true.”

 

Jessica kept mum. Krystal let her eyes scan her sister’s apartment and she had to admit that even though it still lacked a few furniture, it looked nice and cozy already. While looking around, she remembered Yoona’s friends particularly the one that left a bad impression.

 

“I don’t like Yoona-unnie’s friend.”

 

“Yuri?” Jessica asked. She automatically assumed that it was Yoona’s annoying best friend who insists on referring to her as super hot sugar mommy.

 

“I think that one’s alright. It’s the Tiffany one that I hate.”

 

“How can you even hate someone you don’t know that much yet?”

 

“She’s nosy.” When she saw the other bedroom, she knew she had to ask a question to her sister. “Is Yoona-unnie going to be living here with you?”

 

“No.” Jessica stared at the other room. “That’d be the guest room. It’s your room every time you’re here which reminds me, how exactly are you here when you’re supposed to be in LA attending your classes?”

 

Krystal grinned innocently and tried to change the topic the way she knew how. “Is Yoona-unnie great in bed?”

 

 

---

 

 

“So tell me honestly, Yoong,” Yuri started as they waited for Tiffany to finish buying their lunch, “Is mommy Jessica an awesome kisser because she really looks like she is.”

 

Yoona stared at her best friend, figuring out if she was fantasizing about Jessica. “She is,” she answered nonetheless.

 

Yuri being Yuri didn’t let the conversation die there so she thought of a follow-up question. “How is she in bed?”

 

“You have got to be kidding me, Yul.”

 

“What? I can’t ask you about your life now? We used to share everything to each other. You even told me about that time Fany did that thing while you were still sleeping with each other.”

 

Yoona thought about it for a while and eventually answered the question. “She’s great in bed.”

 

“Doesn’t that make you feel a little bit worried? I mean, if she’s great in bed then that must mean she’s experienced. Being experienced in bed means she’s done it with a lot of people.”

 

Yoona grimaced. “How you come up with such conclusions boggles my mind, seriously.”

 

“I’m just saying. Doesn’t it make you feel a little bit jealous that everything you two do in bed, she’s already done with another person.”

 

“It’s not like I haven’t had with other people as well.”

 

Before Yuri could retort, Tiffany beckoned them to the counter. “What did Jessica-unnie’s evil sister wanted to eat again?”

 

Yoona reminded her while Yuri was grinning to the side, clearly amused at how pissed off Tiffany seemed to be at the younger Jung. She’s starting to like Krystal because of it.

 

They got back to Jessica’s apartment to find the sisters carrying the coffee table and placing it in another angle.

 

“Let’s have lunch before we continue arranging the things in here.” She held Jessica’s hand and kissed it before leading her to the kitchen. Krystal rolled her eyes at the cheesy gesture and followed the rest of them to the kitchen.

 

She smiled at the sight of the sandwich and took a huge bite. She was craving for a chicken sandwich since last week. To her dismay, it wasn’t the sandwich that she wanted.

 

“This is a turkey sandwich. I asked for a chicken sandwich.”

 

“Tough luck. They ran out and we didn’t have fifteen minutes to wait for your precious chicken sandwich,” Tiffany answered, poking the tomato on her nicoise salad.

 

“Fany was too impatient,” said Yuri, half hoping a fight would break out between the two, just for her own entertainment.

 

Krystal was supposed to complain more but she was stopped by her sister. “I’ll get you a chicken sandwich tomorrow. Don’t make a big fuss about this, Krys.”

 

The younger Jung didn’t have a choice but to continue eating the turkey sandwich while mumbling, “Stupid, nosy, know-it-all.”

 

While two of the girls were trying not to jump over the table to lay their hands on the other girl, two of them couldn’t keep their hands off each other. Yuri who naturally has to comment on everything did what she was best at doing. “Are you two dating?”

 

“Um…” came Yoona’s answer which of course, didn’t satisfy Yuri’s curiosity.

 

The two haven’t really talked about it and it’s one of those conversations they’d rather not have yet. Krystal sensing the awkwardness decided to change the topic once again. “Do you guys have a lot?” Everyone else on the table almost choked at the blunt question and how nonchalant Krystal was. “And by a lot I mean, like rabbits.”

 

“Oh my god, you are so nosy,” Tiffany said in English.

The younger girl huffed and crossed her arms across her chest. “You’re one to talk when you can’t even help yourself from poking your nose into other people’s business just like you did earlier,” Krystal retorted back in the same language.

 

“Krystal Jung.”

 

Krystal pointed her finger at her sister accusingly. “You two didn’t answer the question.”

 

“I…we—that is none of your business!”

 

“I think mommy Jessica’s outburst pretty much says yes to your question.”

 

Jessica glared at Yuri.

 

“Mommy Jessica, huh? My sister’s a MILF now?”

 

“What’s a MILF?” Yuri asked.

 

“Oh god, you two should be trapped in a ing island. Just the two of you so no one else would hear the ridiculous things you say!”

 

Yoona and Jessica agreed and stood up to spare themselves from the weird conversation.

 

Krystal had a huge smile on her face and so did Yuri. “I like you, Yuri-unnie.”

 

“I like you, too, baby Jung.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and wished she could really send the two of them on a deserted island and leave them there to rot.

 

 

---

 

 

“Looks like Yuri finally found someone she can mesh well with other than me,” said Yoona.

 

Her and Jessica were lying on their backs and staring at the ceiling. That was until Jessica decided to hover on top of the younger girl, using her elbows to prop herself up.

 

“Do we do it as often as bunnies do it?”

 

Yoona thought about it real hard. “I don’t think so. I mean, we don’t do it every day.”

 

“True. I think we do it every other day.”

 

“When’s the last time we did it?” Yoona asked as she traced a finger on the bridge of Jessica’s nose.

 

“The day before yesterday.” She was focused on the lips of the girl underneath her so she witnessed how it slowly curled upwards forming into a devious grin. “I know what you’re thinking and no, we are not gonna do it while my sister and your friends are here. Are you insane?”

 

“You know,” Yoona whispered as she nibbled on Jessica’s ear, “You could always push me away if you really don’t want to do it.”

 

Jessica winced when she felt the girl biting her earlobe a little too hard. “But…it’s getting harder for me to do that nowadays.” She could feel Yoona’s smile broadening even more. Maybe that confrontation with Taeyeon did her good. She didn’t have to worry about what Taeyeon would think because the latter already made it really clear that she wanted her to stay away from her sister.

 

She already knows Taeyeon thinks she’s a scheming but she couldn’t care less. She knows she’s not using anyone and she’s not taking revenge. If Taeyeon wanted to think otherwise, then that’s her choice.

 

Right now it was really just a matter of telling the stupid blood pumping organ, technically it’s a part of the brain but who cares about technicalities, that she’s over Taeyeon and she’s ready to reciprocate the younger Kim’s feelings for her.

 

But then another predicament arises. How do I tell her that her older sister is my ex-girlfriend? Do I even tell her? And soon enough, she started overthinking things again and stressing out about it.

 

Her ability to look so nonchalant came in handy at times like these.

 

To Yoona, Jessica seemed like she was just dozing off and sleeping with her eyes opened but in actuality, tons of different scenarios are going through her head.

 

She heard Yoona chuckling like a little child and she couldn’t help to do the same thing. It was infectious really.

 

“If I could read minds and I decided to read yours, what are the things that I would see?”

 

“Um,” Jessica pretended to be thinking deeply and grinned, “Mostly dessert. Cakes, ice cream, and other treats.”

 

“This is why we get along. You like food. I like food.” She gently placed Jessica’s arms on her shoulders and supported the girl’s weight by holding onto her waist. She continued where she left off but this time, she paid more attention to the girl’s pair of soft lips.

 

Just as Jessica was starting to enjoy how their lips meld, Yoona pulled away.

 

Yoona her lips a couple of times before speaking up. “Why do I feel like I’m not going to find my last packet of Skittles in my candy stash under my bed?”

 

Jessica smiled innocently and buried her face in the space between the younger girl’s bosoms.

 

Jung Jessica was guilty of stealing Skittles from Yoona’s candy stash. There’s no doubt about that. When she discovered the hidden stash of treats, she decided that it wouldn’t hurt to get one pack of Skittles since she couldn’t even remember the last time she ate them and god knows just how much she misses eating those chewable candies.

 

She actually forgot about it but while she was unpacking earlier, she found it tucked between her two shirts and so she ate it when she was sure the younger girls weren’t looking. She wasn’t in the mood to share.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll let it slide this time but just this once.” Yoona didn’t tell her that it was because of what she said earlier that almost made Yoona’s heart leap out of her chest.

 

The two of them peacefully laid there with Jessica momentarily forgetting anything that was stressing her out.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, was having an inner battle with herself. The stubborn side of her won and she blurted out something that she wasn’t sure if Jessica wanted to hear. The older girl once told her not to say things like that anymore but clearly things have changed and she’s just taking her chances. “I really like you.”

 

No response came. She was sure Jessica wasn’t sleeping because she’d know perfectly well if she were. She just assumed that Jessica wanted to take things real slow but that was fine with her. She could do without the ‘I like you too’ for now. There was no need to rush.

 

A few minutes later, she could finally feel Jessica’s steady breathing and she knew the older girl was already deep in slumber. She followed her in the dream land soon after.

 

 

---

 

 

The three girls were standing in front of Jessica’s bedroom not knowing whether to knock or just come barging in. Yuri and Tiffany didn’t mind witnessing something that’s beyond R18 but Krystal wasn’t quite ready to see her sister doing the nasty with someone. It would be a traumatic thing for her.

 

“Maybe they’re sleeping,” the youngest one said.

 

“Good going, Sherlock,” Tiffany commented, “Of course they’re sleeping. It wouldn’t be that quiet if they weren’t.”

 

“Wait, maybe they aren’t sleeping and the reason why it’s too quiet is because Yoona gagged her so she won’t make any noise.” Tiffany eyed Yuri weirdly. “Oh don’t look at me like that, Fany. You know what I’m talking about. I’m pretty sure Yoong has mentioned something about you and her—“

 

“Wait, you and Yoona-unnie hooked up before?”

 

“What’s it to you?” Tiffany asked the snarky girl.

 

“Eew. From you to my sister, that’s definitely an upgrade. Good for her.”

 

Yuri snorted at the low blow. She has found a new source of entertainment. The two have been going at it ever since Yoona and Jessica left the table.

 

Tiffany who figured out that she can’t win an argument with Krystal just yet decided to vent her anger to the other person present. “Don’t tell me Yoona has told you everyt—“

 

“Yoona has told me everything about everyone. She’s my best friend. What do you expect?”

 

Krystal rolled her eyes at the two and decided to finally open the doors. She peaked a bit before opening it fully only to witness an adorable sight. Jessica’s head was on top of Yoona’ chest while the latter’s arms were wrapped around the older girl. Krystal could only think of one thing. The two were making progress and that was good enough for her.

 

She was smiling one minute and laughing the next.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you now?” Tiffany was displeased at how Jessica’s younger sister was acting.

 

“It’s just,” she cleared and stopped laughing for a moment, “my sister and Yoona-unnie look really great together and then I imagined you with Yoona-unnie. You two do not look good. You look more like Yoona-unnie’s mom.” She burst out laughing again and this time she had someone to laugh with her.

 

“I’ve already told her to stop being a mother hen but she just wouldn’t listen,” said Yuri, clutching her tummy.

 

Tiffany shoved Yuri in the shoulder. She just couldn’t believe Yuri was siding with the kid.

 

Said kid suddenly yawned, partially covering . “I’m bored. I doubt I can sleep though. Jessica-unnie doesn’t even have anything to entertain me. What kind of house is this?”

 

“I have video games in my place.”

 

“Whoa! Hold up, your place? You mean my place, right?”

 

“Oh come on, Fany, don’t be like that. I’m living with you now. What’s mine is yours and what’s yours is mine.” Yuri held Tiffany by the shoulders and gently massaged the tensed girl. “Come on, Krystal, let’s play video games at our place.”

 

“Is she going to be there?” Krystal asked, pointing her finger at Tiffany.

 

“Of course, I’ll be there. It’s my place,” Tiffany yelled.

 

Our place and will you lower your voice? You’ll wake up the love birds.”

 

“I suppose I can distract myself with your awful existence by playing.”

 

“You little—“

 

“OKAY, let’s go, go, go!” Yuri pushed Tiffany towards the door while Krystal followed them out.

 

When they got in the basement parking lot, Krystal bellowed. “Shotgun!”

 

Yuri chased after her and prevented her from taking the front seat. “As much as I like seeing you two bicker, I’m not really ready to die in a car accident caused by two arguing people.” She got in as soon as Tiffany unlocked the doors and Krystal hopped in the back seat.

 

It took them about twenty minutes to arrive at Tiffany’s and Yuri’s apartment and surprisingly, it was a quiet ride. Krystal was busy looking outside and Tiffany was focusing on driving.

 

Krystal and Yuri didn’t waste time and proceeded in trying Yuri’s newly bought game console.

 

The oldest of the three decided to let them be in their own world and went to her bedroom to rest for a while. She slept for a couple of hours before waking up because of hunger. When she got out of her room and walked past the living room, she saw that the two were still playing.

 

She went to the kitchen to fix herself a snack Tiffany being the undomesticated that she is still needed help making a simple snack.

 

“Yul, can you help me for a sec.” When she didn’t get a response, she walked back to the living room and called out for Yuri once again. “Yul, help me make a snack.”

 

“Make one yourself. What are you? Five?”

 

“I wasn’t asking you,” she said to Krystal who took the liberty to answer for Yuri who was too engrossed in killing zombies.

 

“We’re kind of busy, Fany,” Yuri finally said as she got rid of the hordes of flesh eating dead people.

 

Tiffany took the last resort and blocked their vision by standing in front of the TV. They had no choice but to hit pause.

 

“That was rude,” Yuri mumbled.

 

Krystal didn’t take it as calmly as her. “Oh my god! If we die once we hit play again, you are so dead. Get your fat self out of the way.”

 

Tiffany gasped. She was not fat. She just checked how much she weighs this morning. In fact, she lost a few pounds.

 

Krystal accidentally hit a button that resumed their play while Tiffany was still blocking the TV. That resulted to them getting killed.

 

Krystal let out a shrill and dramatically collapsed on the couch. “NOOOOO! This is your fault, you evil witch!”

 

“It wasn’t me who pressed the button.” Tiffany smirked and walked back to the kitchen, satisfied that she ruined their game.

 

She was looking for something in her cupboard when she heard the swinging doors leading to her kitchen being roughly opened.

 

Thinking it was Yuri, she told her what she wanted to make waffles and asked the girl to ready the batter. “I also want it with strawberries. Could you check if we still have some left?”

 

The girl hummed an answer and took out a strawberry, squeezing it and letting the fruit stain her hand with its juice. She moved closer to the older girl and when Tiffany turned to her side, she wiped the juice on various parts of Tiffany’s face.

 

Tiffany squealed and tried to evade her hand but the girl refused to stop.

 

“That’ll teach you not to mess with me when I’m playing.”

 

“You little brat.”

 

Krystal burst out laughing and ran away.

 

“I am so gonna tell Jessica-unnie about this you…you peasant!” She wiped the strawberry off of her face and swore she’s going to get back at the younger girl.

 

 

---

 

 

“Jung Krystal.” Jessica stared at her sister disapprovingly.

 

Tiffany’s way of getting back at her was to tell her older sister about her bad behaviour.

 

Krystal was sulking on the couch like a little kid. So maybe what Jessica said about her not being as childish as Yoona was not exactly accurate.

 

Yoona and Yuri were standing next to each other, sniggering as Yuri recalled what happened earlier. “Fany’s face was pretty funny. I can’t help but take a picture. I’ll send it to you later.”

 

“Why are you two laughing?” Jessica asked. The two shook their head and stifled their laugh.

 

“Jessica-unnie, she started it.”

 

“I did not!”

 

“Well, it’s not a surprise that Fany could a little bit of a nagger and a war freak so…”

 

“Are you seriously siding with her, Yuri?”

 

Krystal grinned at Yuri and made an adorable gesture that sort of looked like a purring cat that has its paws on its cheeks.

 

“I think you two are both wrong and owe the other an apology,” Yoona said with the intention of impressing Jessica. She got what she was aiming for when she saw Jessica glancing at her with a smile on her face.

 

She did receive whining from Krystal and Tiffany, respectively.

 

“Yoona-unnie.”

 

“Yoong.”

 

“Fany, you’re older. You should be setting a good example.”

 

Tiffany huffed and murmured a half-hearted apology and Krystal did the same thing.

 

“Great, we could go home now, right?”

 

“Unnie, can I go to Yuri-unnie’s place so we could continue playing video-games?”

 

Jessica declined much to Krystal’s dismay and told her to sleep. Tiffany smiled victoriously and left with Yuri.

 

“Are you going to be staying for the night?”

 

“Do you want me to?”

 

“Why don’t you start answering my questions instead of throwing back another question?”

 

Yoona pouted. “I’ll go then.” But who was she kidding? She wanted to stay so badly so instead of walking out the apartment she gritted her teeth and went straight to Jessica’s bedroom.

 

“You and my sister are such a kid.” Jessica followed Yoona and closed her door. She felt like her life span got decreased by ten years because of them. She wasn’t sure if she could survive handling them both and working at the same time.

 

She was glad Krystal wasn’t going to be staying for too long…

 

…Or so she thought.

 

____

KrysFany, yeah? baby Jung to her sister's rescue