SooHun/HunYoung || Diaspora

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for SY-JaeHa

 

Diaspora

~flow19~

 

New wooden floors

New painted walls

New furniture

New staircase

New everything

                Technically, none of them was really new but in Sooyoung’s eyes they were. It was the first time she had seen all of this and given the situation, she wasn’t exactly sure what to feel. But if anything, all these things were a testament to another new thing – a new beginning.

One that she used to think she’d never have.

“Noona?”

                The soft knock on her bedroom door caused Sooyoung to snap out of her thoughts. She turned, finding Sehun standing in the doorway of her room. Despite the smile on his face, she could see what he was feeling in his eyes. Smiling back at him, she beckoned him over as she continued unpacking her bags.

“Are you done unpacking?” She asked as she pulled out a pair of jeans out of her bag.

“The rest could wait.” Sehun answered simply, bending down to help her take out her clothes. “How are you feeling?”

“This feels… strange.” The brunette stilled momentarily, moving her head a fraction so that her eyes met his. “But it’s a good kind of strange.”

He frowned, straightening up as he spoke. “Noona, I’m sorry I couldn’t get us a bigger house. I’ll try my–”

 “Sehun, it’s alright. Sooyoung cut him off evenly, turning so that she was facing him. “This… Whatever we have, it’s going to be enough. It’s so much more than what I thought I could have back when…”

“Hey, hey. Noona, forget about that bastard.” His eyes harden almost instantly. “We’re here to start over and talking about him isn’t going to help.”

“I know that…” Her eyes turned glassy as memories crossed her mind. “I just can’t help but think about it.”

Sehun let out a shaky breath but soon smiled in encouragement. “We’re here to start over, noona. We can and we will.”

She let out a sigh but nodded nonetheless. “You’re right… Well, what do we have to get done today?”

The coldness in his eyes melts away, replaced by that trademark boyish smile that was typical of Sehun. “We have to go to the grocery and clean up the place at least. Maybe we should–”

                The sound of the ringing doorbell cut him off; the two exchanging questioning looks. They had just literally moved in to the rented house a few hours ago. Considering that they were really new in the neighbourhood, an unexpected visitor was definitely still out of the ordinary. Sehun’s jaw tensed for a moment before he led the way downstairs, hoping that they weren’t followed. Gesturing for Sooyoung to stay back, he cautiously opened the door… only to reveal a group of people they had never seen before.

“Uh…” Sehun began hesitantly. “Hello…?”

“You must be Oh Sehun!” The guy in the forefront of the group, who Sehun honestly thought looked very feminine, exclaimed, peering over his shoulder to smile at Sooyoung. “And she must be Choi Sooyoung!”

“How… How do you know us?” Sooyoung asked, moving closer until she was by Sehun’s side.

“I’m Kim Heechul; one of your neighbors.” He gestured to the petite brunette beside him. “This is my wife, Jessica.”

“We heard from the owner that he has new tenants and we decided to come here and throw you a simple housewarming party.” His wife continued for him with a big smile on her face. “Welcome to the neighbourhood!”

                Sehun and Sooyoung exchanged a look. They really did look like they were a good set of people. Sure, they still had their apprehensions but they were there to start over, to build a new life and start a new home. At one time or another, they were going to have to make friends and all that. Maybe this was that time and as Sehun opened the door wider and invited their guests inside, he and Sooyoung could only hope that they w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter