SooKris || Blackout

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for lov3s_ang3l_19

 

Blackout

~flow19~

 

The bike came to a stop.

Wu Fan removed his feet from the pedals and put them on the ground for stability.

He looked around.

He was sure there were lights everywhere just a second ago.

Now, it was pitch black everywhere.

“Blackout.” He mumbled to himself, positioning his feet back on the pedals, and continued biking.

            It was dark everywhere, save for the occasional glows from flashlights, mobile phones and iPods. Some homes and establishments had generators. Lucky. He shook his head, wondering just where in the world did Tao and Luhan put his flashlight the last time. It had to be somewhere in house because if it wasn’t… Well, hell hath no fury like Wu Fan scorned.

            He pedalled faster, eager to get home quicker, only to come to a screeching halt later. It hadn’t surprised him when the thought popped into his mind. Without thinking twice, he changed his direction, going just as fast as he did to his new destination. Knowing her, she wouldn’t last long in the dark on her own.

            Ten minutes passed and he stopped before a familiar house. All he could see was complete darkness from the inside; his eyebrows furrowing when he realized he saw no traces of a candle or a flashlight or even a mobile phone. Parking his bike on the curb, he reached the front door in a few long strides and lifted his fist to knock.

“Soo?”

The answer he received was a loud crash from inside and he couldn’t help but slap his forehead with the palm of his hand.

“I’m okay.” A loud, distinct and very female voice yelled from inside. “Yi Fan, is that you?”

“No, it’s the Ghost of Christmas Past.” A beat passed. “Are you alright in there?”

“I could use some help.” Her tone had turned sheepish and he chuckled.

“Hang on.”

            Wu Fan rolled his eyes at her answer. Considering how he was sure he’d only be met with disaster once he was inside, she still had her wit – or sarcasm – intact. Not bothering to reply, he walked down the front steps and headed towards the small garden patch on the other side of her house. Lifting the lone pot containing fake flowers, he grinned when he saw the key on the soil, taking it with him before putting the pot back in its place.

“Yi Fan? Are you still there?”

“I’m coming in, okay?”

            He didn’t bother to wait for any reply again as he inserted the key in the keyhole of the doorknob, twisting it open and pushing the door to enter the house. With all honesty, the moonlight provided minimal lighting yet it was enough for him to see that the living room was empty of any signs of the tall brunette who resided in the house.

“Where are you?”

“In the kitchen!”

            Taking his phone out of his pocket and shutting the door close behind him, he waited until it lit up before making his way through the living room, heading for the direction of the kitchen. He stood in the doorway, taking the scene in as Choi Sooyoung tried to smile sheepishly from her spot on the floor; a dozen cookbooks or so around her feet. Try as she might, he easily saw in her eyes that told him everything.

“What happened?”

Her tone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter