KyuYoung || Milk and Cookies

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for ilovekyuyoung

 

Milk and Cookies

~flow19~

 

He could still remember that night clearly, even if how many years had already passed and they were no longer children.

                It was one of those terrible days during training that lasted until late in the evening. Everyone was too exhausted to go home and, since they had to be back very early the next morning, everyone decided to sleep in one of the rehearsal rooms. Everyone really had to thank a trainee named Kim Heechul for the bright idea and they came to training that day with sleeping bags, pillow, stuffed toys, change of clothes and toiletries in tow. As much as they would all love to sleep on their beds, even that could be a luxury these days and they all knew it would stay that way as long as they were in the business.

                Cho Kyuhyun had woken up in the middle of the night because, for whatever reason, Kim Youngwoon’s foot somehow left the sleeping bag and smacked him square on the sides. Kyuhyun winced, groaning slightly in pain. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, intending on tugging his sleeping bag away from Youngwoon when a girl sitting by the corner of the room caught his eyes with what looked like food before her. Choi Sooyoung. He had nearly rolled his eyes at the sight, considering that the girl had a reputation that she shared with his own best friend, but a quick glance to the wristwatch his mother had given him told him it was almost two in the morning.

It was definitely way past the time for a midnight snack.

                Wondering why she was still up in such an ungodly hour, he removed his person from the sleeping bag and carefully made his way to her, careful not to step on any body part of everyone he passed by. A look of surprise had crossed her face at the sight of him. They weren’t exactly close by many means. Sure, they shared common friends among the many trainees now snoring away in their sleeping bags… but that didn’t mean they were close too.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m eating.”

He fought the urge to roll his eyes at the obvious answer, instead focusing on the thermos and the container on the floor. “What’s that?”

“Milk and cookies.” Sooyoung answered; a hesitant look now on her face.

“Milk and cookies?” The curly haired boy repeated. “At two in the morning?”

Her shoulders lifted in a nonchalant shrug. “I couldn’t sleep.”

Kyuhyun frowned a touch. “You’re not tired?”

“I am.” She admitted easily. “I guess I’m too tired to even sleep.”

A sigh escaped his lips at that; the young boy soon settling on the floor across from her. “I get that sometimes too.”

Sooyoung looked unsure of what to say, merely pushing the cookies towards him. “Do you want some?”

He couldn’t contain his surprise. On a normal day, she wouldn’t share food as far as he knew, just like Changmin. “Are you sure?”

The brunette nodded. “My mom packed that for me. She said that if I have trouble sleeping at night, milk and cookies should help.”

They both left it that’; Kyuhyun helping himself to a cookie.

It really wasn’t a normal day.

                How many years had already passed since that night and Kyuhyun found himself sharing the same habit as her. He really didn’t intend to. But then during one of those nights leading to Super Junior’s debut, he had found a box of homemade cookies and a small thermos of warm milk among his belongings. There was no message, just the milk and cookies. He didn’t have to wonder or ask who it came from. That night, he had slept well, complete with a smile on his face.

                The sound of a fist knocking against his hotel room door woke him up from his sleep; complaints leaving his mouth as he threw the covers off his body and went to answer the door. If it was Hyukjae pulling a prank on him, he wouldn’t have the end of it. Kyuhyun pulled the door open, ready to yell at whoever woke him up but stopped short when he realized it was Sooyoung, milk and cookies in hand and tear stains on her face.

“Choi, what happened?” He asked; concern immediately flooding him.

“Can I come in?”

Kyuhyun mentally smacked himself. Of course, they shouldn’t have a conversation like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter