YunYoung || Fortune Favors The Brave

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for calloutmyheart

 

Fortune Favors The Brave

~flow19~

 

Yunho used to think it would take a long while before he reached this point in his life.

Now that it was here and he was living it, it felt almost like a dream.

                He had stuck to a certain way of life for as long as he could remember – one that involved high-risk decision making, multi-million dollar business deals and daily meetings. He was Jung Yunho after all, groomed and trained to be the next in line to his mogul parents’ empire. It kept him busy and on his two feet all the day and he used to think that he’d grow old like this, married to nothing else but his job.

But then she came along.

Yunho could still clearly remember how he first met her.

                With the help of his four most trusted best friends, Kim Jaejoong, Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu and Shim Changmin, he had been able to pretend he was sick to cancel all appointments just for one day during a three week-long business trip to Taiwan. He had managed to sneak out of the penthouse and into one of those noodle houses. He was so sure that no one was going to think of finding him there.

She happened to be occupying one of those tables in the same noodle house on the same time and day.

                He could still remember how her table was near enough that he could see her face every time he looked up from his bowl of noodles. She was with three other friends that day – three other friends who happened to be a flabbergasted as he was when Sooyoung yelled for her third serving of her ramen without stopping to rest and let her stomach digest properly despite her heavily accented and broken Mandarin.

                It was when he was openly gawking at the slim woman that she caught his eyes. He felt embarrassed to say the least and he had the greatest urge to look away and pretend nothing happened. But there was something about the way she looked at him that kept him glued. Yunho had expected for her to look offended, annoyed and bothered that he was watching her.

But she had smiled.

And boy, did she smile so immaculately.

He went back to the penthouse that day unable to get her out of his mind.

Too bad he was never going to see her again.

It was five months after that incident that life proved him otherwise.

                The human resources department had managed to find a replacement for his former secretary and that only mean that the new secretary managed to pass the long list of requirements Yunho had for whoever wanted to be his right hand. It was when the head of the HR Department, Kim Heechul, introduced his new secretary that Yunho nearly fell off his chair in shock.

For standing before him was the girl from the noodle house in Taiwan.

                The surprise was written all over her deep hazel eyes yet she had remained professional, standing prim and proper by Heechul’s side as the latter made the introductions. Yunho had barely contained himself, managing to offer a polite smile when he shook his hand. It had been five months yet her smile had that same effect on him.

                There was, undoubtedly, a reason why their paths had crossed again. He was attracted to her. He couldn’t deny that. But they were no longer in a noodle house in Taiwan any longer. They were back in his world and he was the boss and she, the secretary. It his world, professionalism was a big deal and so, no matter how much he wanted otherwise, their relationship remained strictly professional.

But that was until someone tried to get his filthy hands on her.

                Yunho had been required to attend a business trip to Jeju and she, as his loyal and ever efficient secretary, was asked to come along with him and his four best friends. That didn’t mean feelings didn’t bloom, at least on his end, and he had grown protective of her. It wasn’t a foreign concept to him that she unconsciously grabbed other people’s attention, especially males. She was beyond beautiful. She had a pair of legs that women envied and men drooled over. For those who didn’t know better, it was very easy to mistake her as a model.

Yunho should’ve known better than to leave her alone even for a while during the late night party.

                He had instantly become worried when she was no longer where he left her and just as quickly, he had asked Jaejoong, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin to help him in searching the club. It wasn’t that hard of a task, though, for her pleas had reached his ears. He had followed her voice and found her in one of the VIP rooms, pinned against the wall by one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter