Chapter Ninety Nine

Between Betrayal and Lust

'Hae?' Hyuk softly knocked on his lover's door.

He got no response.

'Hae, baby, please let me in.' Hyuk tried again. He rested his forehead against the door.  'Please tell me who hurt you, I'll beat them up.'

Hyuk slowly let himself slide down the door, leaning against it with his back as he sighed. 'Are you crying, baby? Please you know how it breaks my heart when you cry.'

Hae approached the door but didn't have the courage to open it. He just kneeled near the door and listened to his boyfriend's soothing voice from the other side.

'Come on, open up. Don't make me break down that door.' Hyuk's voice sounded desperate.

Hae whimpered, his hand reaching out but he let it fall back into his lap.

 

Min frowned as he saw how pale Kyu looked.

'It's hurting again, isn't it?' He said as he eyes the younger rubbing his arm.

'I'm fine.' Kyu said through gritted teeth.

'You should let Taeyeon heal it.' Heechul said.

'Never.' Kyu said firmly.

'It's his thing with Hae.' Min sighed.

'I knew you'd understand.' Kyu looked with adoration to his lover.

Min smiled. 'Want to play that football game later on?'

Kyu's eyes lit up. He pulled Min's shirt so the vampire fell into his lap. 'Minnie.' Kyu breathed as he leaned in and slowly kissed him.

 

'Hae...please.' Hyuk pleaded as he remained seated against the door. He had lost track of time.

'At least give me a sign that you are okay.' Hyuk begged.

Suddenly he heard something and looked down to see a little piece of paper under the door. He quickly grabbed it. 'I'm ok.' It read.

'Can you open the door for me?' Hyuk tried.

Another piece of paper. 'No.'

'Why not?'

'As soon as I'll see you, I can't stand my ground.'

'But I want to hold you, comfort you, listen to you.' Hyuk said.

No response.

'Just tell me who did this to you, I'll punish them.' Hyuk growled.

'I'd be very mad at you if you'd hurt him'  Hyuk stared at the note. 'Okay, now I'm jealous. Who has this much of a impact on you?!' Hyuk shouted. 'Was it Siwon? Or that TOP guy? Maybe it was Yesung? Or Heechul, Henry? Or Kyu? I'll kick his . Damn it!!! Who????'

Donghae froze. Hyuk was jealous? Hae knew his lover had a rather jealous tendency but as he heard the list of people mentioned he started to realise something. Fresh tears welled up in his eyes. He quickly opened the door, making Hyuk fall flatly on the floor. Before the latter could recover from the surprise, Hae jumped on top and held him very tight.

'Hae? It's okay, baby, it's all okay.' Hyuk wrapped his arms around the sobbing boy.

'I'm soooooo s-s-s-sorry Hyukkie.' Hae cried. 'I d-d-didn't realise.'

Hyuk cradled him in his arms and softly rocked back and forth.

'I didn't know it felt like this.' Hae continued.

'That what felt like this?' Hyuk asked.

'Jealousy. I didn't know I made you feel this bad so many times.' Hae sobbed.

Hyuk frowned and pulled the younger a bit back so he could look at his face. 'Jealousy? You are feeling jealous? Of what?'

A pout formed slowly. Hyuk caressed it with his thumb as he kissed some tears away. 'You pampered Daesung.' Hae whispered.

Hyuk's jaw dropped. His brain needed a couple of seconds to process that information. His heart relaxed as he started to understand the situation. 'And that made you move out our room.' He said.

Hae nodded.

'I don't know if I should hug you or slap you.' Hyuk said.

Hae's eyes widened.

'I healed a hurt vampire and you feel the need to leave me?'

Hae blinked as that one sentence made it sound all so ridiculous. He had no words to defend himself. 'I'm sorry.'

Hyuk started laughing, making Hae frown.

'It's not funny!' Hae shouted.

'Aish, baby, do you have any idea how much I love you?' Hyuk said.

Hae looked down. 'People sometimes fall out of love.'

'Not with you, Hae. Impossible with you. Every day I fall deeper and deeper in love with you.' Hyuk looked passionately straight into his eyes.

Hae blushed and hope sparked in his eyes.

'The fact you felt jealous means you care for me as well, I guess.' Hyuk grinned.

'I can't live without you.' Hae whispered.

'Yeah, I know, if you don't drink from me then...ouch!!' Hyuk screamed out.

'I didn't mean it like that!' Hae whined. 'I CAN'T live without you' He repeated.

Hyuk's eyes softened.

'Hyukkie?'

'Hae?'

'I love you so much that I will let you go when you grow tired of me.' Hae said, eyes moistening fast.

'Why are you so convinced that one day I'll be sick of you?'

Hae looked down. 'I'm happy you gave me a place to belong. A place I can call home, with lots of lovely people.'

'Hae, answer me.'

'No one ever wanted me around for long. Except for Kyu.' Hae said still avoiding eye contact.

Hyuk remembered Hae's past, the cruelty of the orphanage. He cussed. He pulled Hae against him. 'Listen carefully, my love. I've lived for decades, my soul for centuries but never ever has my heart been captured until I met you. Do you feel it beating fast against my chest? A heart of a vampire is supposed to be slow, almost cold but around you, even if you are just sleeping, it races, it becomes alive, it screams for more. I will try to convince you every single day that my affection for you is unique, that my love for everything that is you, is eternal.  I will fight my way into your proximity in the hope that one day our hearts will beat in sync. And even if you never love me the way I love you, I would sign my life away just to be near you.'

Hae stopped breathing for a bit as he heard the words, overwhelming him. He couldn't talk, he just grabbed Hyuk's face and pushed it against his chest, hoping that the other would be able to feel his crazy heart.

The gummiest of smiles decorated the leader's face as he pressed his ear against the younger's chest.

'Euhm, I don't know what kind of freaky things you guys are into but we all would love to eat some dessert and that weird Kim kid wouldn't serve it unless you two attended.' GD said, trying to look away from the awkward scene. 'And we all know how obnoxious TOP gets if he doesn't get his dessert.'

TOP appeared behind his leader. 'I do not!'

'Yes you do.' GD smirked.

'Not true G!' TOP growled.

Hae got up and wanted to go to TOP but he froze, realising what he was doing. He slowly turned around and looked at Hyuk.

Hyuk was still smiling and laughed. 'Go, baby, I'm fine, don't worry, I'll keep getting jealous but be sure that the one warming your bed tonight, will be me.'

Hae blushed.

'I knew I shouldn't have trusted that hunter.' GD cussed.

'What is he on about?' Hyuk asked TOP.

'Kyu and him bet against each other, the loser had to go get you guys.'

'So why did you come?' Hyuk wondered.

'I like to see GD's face when stuff happens.' TOP smirked. 'He tries to be all bad but he's a huge softie on the inside.'

'Yes and you are not.' Hyuk mocked.

TOP, oblivious of the tone of the other, nodded eagerly. 'Exactly, I'm as cool as I look.'