Chapter Ninety Eight

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hyuk frowned as another raindrop found its way to his face. 'Guys, I think it's going to rain.' He said. He didn't notice how Min had to drag an angry Kyu away, covering his mouth. 'Hae, make sure you are warm enough.' Hyuk said. 'Hae?' He looked quickly around. 'Where is Hae?' He asked the others.

'He is inside.' Yesung said calmly.

'Ah good, I don't want him to catch a cold.' Hyuk said.

 

Hae was camping on his bed. He had pulled the sheet over his head and was clinging onto one of his stuffed animals. He bit his lip, trying not to cry. 'Mr. monkey, I have a serious question for you.' He whispered to the plushie. 'Monkeys are smart, right? So you probably would know the answer.' He was caressing it slowly. 'Do you think Hy-Hyuki-kie is f-falling out of l-love with m-me?' Tears started to fall heavily now. 'It hurts s-so much right here.' He cried as he patted his chest. 'He's probably fed up with me.' Hae sighed. 'No one really has been with me for so long, except for Kyu. Maybe he...' Hae's whispers were cut off by his sobs. Maybe he doesn't want me here so close to him. Maybe they were right in the orphanage, that no one wants me. I should leave. B-but I can't be without him.  I could just go back to my old room, then I can still see him all day. That won't bother him too much, right?

Yesung tensed up.

'What is it?' Heechul asked.

'I've made a mistake.'

'What?'

'I forgot how complex Hae is.' Yeye sighed, sensing the dark thoughts from the mansion behind him.

 

It was close to dinner time and they all had moved inside. Hyuk could have sworn he still felt raindrops now and then, even inside the house. Kyu rubbed his arm over and over, trying to ignore the itching scar.

'Someone go wake Hae, dinner is ready.' Ryeowook yelled. Hyuk got up and went upstairs. He entered the bedroom and eyed the little lump of vampire under the covers. 'Hae, time to eat!' He said cheerfully.

'Ok, I'll be there in a second.' Hae mumbled.

Hyuk turned around and almost fell over a suitcase. He frowned at its weird location and moved it against the wall before he left the room.

Hae got up, healed his puffy eyes and quickly stuffed a shirt Hyuk had worn the day before and that smelled like him into his suitcase. He walked to his old room and placed it there. He closed his eyes and tried to think positively before he went downstairs.

 

Hae was quiet during dinner. He complimented Wookie with the food and thanked Siwon who filled his glass but that was all.

Siwon suddenly spoke up. 'I have a question for you, Hyuk.' He said.

'Shoot.' Hyuk said while he ate his food happily.

'I've discussed this with the rest of my clan and we would like to move in with you guys if you allow it.' Siwon said. 'Minho practically lives here anyway.'

The latter grinned at Taemin who blushed.

Hyuk quickly watched Hae's response but there was none. He frowned at that but was relieved his lover wasn't overexcited to have Siwon so close. 'Well we have enough rooms I think. The girls can have Hae's old room.'

'No.' Hae suddenly said.

'No?' Hyuk asked.

'No, I'm moving back to my old room, if you allow me.' Hae said eyeing his plate.

All conversations stopped.

Hyuk just stared at his lover in disbelief, unsure of what was going on. 'What? Hell no!' Hyuk shouted. Fear taking a hold on him as he remembered the suitcase.

'I think it's better.' Hae said.

'Better for who?' Hyuk yelled.

'For us.' Hae quickly got up.

'Don't you dare walk away from this conversation.' Hyuk shouted. 'Why do you ing think it's better that we sleep apart?'

He's probably worried about the . Hae bit his lip. 'You can still visit me, you know, when you need to.'

Someone dropped his fork as they all just looked from Hae to Hyuk and back. Kyu held his arm in pain.

Hae bowed to them all and retreated.

Hyuk dropped himself on the chair. 'What just happened?'

Another drop fell on his face. 'Oh my god.' He whispered as he looked at the wiped off drop on his hand. 'Hae. It was Hae.' He stumbled up and ran upstairs.

'Are you sure you want to move in here?' Kyu asked Siwon. 'It's like a bad soap opera here, with daily updates of idiocy or utter cheesiness.'

'With Kyu in the role of the whiney smart .' Min deadpanned.

'A whiney smart that gets his way with a hot, y vampire.' Kyu said huskily before he kissed Min below his ear.

Min blushed and tried to remain stern. 'Kyu, we have visitors, please behave.'

'That's not what came out of that mouth earlier.' Kyu smirked.

'If you ever want this mouth to do anything to you again, you shut up right this instance.'

'I'm going to be sick.' GD mumbled as TOP covered Daesung's ears.