Chapter Ninety Four

Between Betrayal and Lust

Siwon dropped his exhausted body into the nearest couch. He rubbed his tired eyes.

'Are you ok?' Heechul asked.

'Yeah, just glad it's all over now.' Siwon sighed, stretching his arms and yawning. 'And Hae is finally safe.'

'Hmmmm.' Heechul said, looking out the window again.

'Hyuk, you must be tired too, here, have my seat!' Kyu hurriedly got up. Hyuk shrugged and sat down.

'So we are going to celebrate?' Hyuk grinned.

'What is there to celebrate?' GD suddenly spoke.

'The end of a war that lasted centuries?' Kyu said.

'And that without any casualties within this generation!' Hyuk pumped his fist.

'Although those wolves of yours were awesome!' Kyu patted GD's back.

'What?' GD frowned.

'You know, the wolves you sent our way, the conjured ones. You really are a very skillful vampire.' Hyuk said.

'I didn't create those.' GD confessed.

Heechul tensed.

'What? Then who in your clan did?' Kyu asked.

'No one in my clan can do that.' GD said.

Fear crawled back within Hyuk's heart. 'No!' He shouted, startling the others.

'Hyuk.' Kyu started.

'No, Kyuhyun, No! I won't hear it. Hae is safe, you all must say it. Hae is safe!' Hyuk screamed.

Heechul slapped the fire handler lightly across the cheek. 'Snap out of it, Hyukjae.'

Hyuk was panting, holding his cheek. His big eyes looking shocked at Heechul.

'Hae is safe for now, but we need to face the truth.' Heechul continued.

'What is the truth though?' Siwon wondered.

'We know our memories have been tampered with. For decades the water handler has been painted as the black sheep. There is the prophecy that talks about downfall and Luna called Hae dangerous.' Kyu was thinking out loud.

'Yeah, how weird is it that a Park intervened.' Hyuk said.

'And she looked crushed doing so.' Kyu tapped his bottom lip.

'How do you guys feel about...' GD's voice became inaudible.

'About what?' Heechul asked.

'Leeteuk.' GD said.

The glass in Heechul's hand shattered. 'Don't say his name!'

'Hyung?' Siwon said worriedly as he started to clear the broken glass from the carpet.

Heechul jumped up and started pacing.

'What's wrong, Heechul, you can tell us, we are your friends.' Hyuk said gently.

'Friends?' Heechul snarled.

Hyuk grabbed the Kim's shoulders and forced him to look at him. 'Yes, friends'.

'I had a friend once. A best friend. And a lover. One day th-that lover disappeared. So I ran to my best friend for his help.' Heechul said. 'You know what that friend said? My best friend for decades?' He spat at the others while clenching his fists. 'He said he couldn't interfere. That he needed to remain impartial.'

'Then he wasn't a real friend.' Kyu said softly.

'What happened to your lover?' Siwon asked.

'I never saw him since. He was a human, he must be dead by now. It was a long time ago.' Heechul's voice broke.

'And the best friend?' GD inquired.

'The almighty Leeteuk. He's still sitting on his Park throne, doing nothing at all.' Heechul hissed.

'So that's why you slept with his sister on alignment day.' Kyu said.

'You slept with Luna?' GD's eyes grew large. 'Nice!' He smirked.

'I'm sorry about your love.' Hyuk said and hugged Heechul.

Siwon and Kyu joined in, feeling their hyung's broken heart.

'There is one thing you all should know though.' GD said.

They all turned to him.

'Leeteuk is not doing nothing.'

'What do you mean?' Heechul asked.

'He's the one that told me to get rid of Hae.'

Hyuk froze.

'Why?' Kyu barked.

'He just said Hae was dangerous and needed to be killed, preferably by a hunter.' GD said.

Hyuk couldn't breathe. He was choking, feeling fear taking over.

'Hyuk, calm down, just breathe.' Kyu instructed.

'He's having a panic attack.' GD said.

Hyuk just grabbed his chest and looked with big panicky eyes into the hunter's. Siwon quickly handed him a bag and Hyuk started to breath into it, slowly regaining control over his breathing.

'Leeteuk wants Hae dead?' Hyuk finally whimpered.

'We won't let that happen.' Kyu said.

'We will protect him with our lives.' Siwon added.

Heechul sighed. 'Taking on a Park? Hell why not.'

'God, TOP will love this.' GD grinned. 'I'm in.'