Chapter Ninety One

Between Betrayal and Lust

'My lady?' Onew carefully touched Luna's shoulder. She was too much into her own world to respond.

'Please, step to the side, so we can finish this battle.' GD said.

Luna still remained frozen, her eyes lost in Hae's.

'What did I do wrong? How am I a troublemaker?' Hae uttered.

Luna's hand touched Hae's chest, right above his heart. 'You cause the downfall'

'How?' Hae asked in shock.

'You caused this unity.'

'And that's bad how?' Hyuk asked.

GD suddenly approached them. Hae lifted the shields again.

'You know what, I'm sick of the pretence.' GD spat at the leaders.

'We all know what you are doing? I should feel sorry for the water handler. You are all using him.' He continued.

Hyuk's eyes darkened.

'Don't look at me like that, admit it!' GD shouted.

'Admit what?' Kyu asked.

'You all will not stop until you have the ultimate power! This sudden unity is just a cover!' GD said.

'The ultimate power?' Heechul asked.

Yesung walked to GD, stopping right in front of him. 'You let your mask slip.' He said as he suddenly hugged the enemy.

'Yesung! Are you insane?!' Heechul screamed.

'He feels betrayed.' Yesung mumbled.

Sooyoung joined in as well. 'He thinks you all will kill each other, even clan mates, to get more powerful.'

'They wouldn't do that!' Hae walked up to GD and shook him by the shoulders.

'Heechul doesn't care about us.' Hyuna pouted. 'He just uses his clan mates for his entertainment.'

'That is not true! I've seen how he worried about Jonghyun and he still does.' Hae yelled.

Heechul bowed his head. 'Aish, stop defending me.' He ruffled his hair and looked up at Hyuna and Hyorin. 'I admit that the last couple of decades I was a little lost. I wasn't the best leader. But I would never harm a clan mate on purpose.' He spoke with passion.

Hongki and Seungri approached Hyuk. 'Your temper is unbearable.' Hongki said. 'You've burnt me a couple of times.' Seungri added. Hae cocked up an eyebrow and looked at his lover. Hyuk looked at the ground. 'I'm sorry.' He mumbled, startling everybody.

'Did he just apologise?' Kyu asked loudly, earning a punch from the fire handler. His smirk left him as his eyes fell upon Hyunseung.

'I was hunting Hyuna and I just couldn't end her. I felt you, well our previous leader, wouldn't have understood.' Hyunseung confessed.

'You changed them.' Luna spoke to Hae.

'You influenced them, opened them up, made them better leaders.' She continued. 'See how dangerous you are?'

'I still don't understand.' Hae admitted.

'You know how lucky you all are?' GD suddenly yelled. 'You all have family, your clan mates and you treated them like dirt! They accepted it for such a long time, trying not to question your methods. And now because of him' He pointed at Hae. 'Because of him you all step up. You all take my self made family away!' He shouted.

'No one can take family away.' Hae mumbled. 'Only death can. I know what it's like to feel unwanted, to feel as if you don't belong. I found family at first with Kyu's parents and later on even more with the Lee's. You still belong among us, I believe we all can live together in peace.'

GD narrowed his eyes. 'You are so fluffy.' A smile appeared. 'I'll love seeing TOP get all flustered over that.'

'Truce?' Hyuk asked, lifting his arm.

'Truce.' GD shook his hand.

Luna's gaze didn't leave Onew's wide smile. Her heart fluttered.  I'm sorry, brother.