Chapter Seventy Nine

Between Betrayal and Lust

'So, what's up?' Heechul asked, he stood with crossed arms against the wall in the living room.

Krystal sat on the couch, surrounded by her siblings and Kyu was kneeling in front of her, holding her hand. She was still sobbing.

'Do they all have to be here?' Krystal whined at Kyu.

'It's just the leaders, Yesung and Sooyoung.' Kyu said.

'Why them?' Krystal sniffed.

'Where is Jonghyun?' Heechul asked, ignoring her questions.

'Who?' Krystal frowned.

'The vampire you left with after you attacked me.' Hyuk said, his tone quite harsh.

'They still got him.' Krystal said.

'Who is they?' Kyu asked.

'Vampires.' Krystal spat out.

'What happened to you?' Jessica asked softly as she caressed her sister's hair.

Krystal leaned into her, loving the typical flowery smell of her sister. 'They just captured me. I don't want to talk about it.' New tears came streaming down.

Heechul looked at Yesung who was searching the girl with his mind. He was getting a headache.

'Can we trust her?' Siwon asked.

'What the hell are you implying?' Yunho jumped up and grabbed Siwon by the throat.

'Yunho, let go! Now!' Kyu shouted.

Yunho obeyed immediately. He let go and closed his eyes for a second. He wanted to speak up but Siwon beat him to it. 'Don't worry, I understand.' Siwon said gently. Yunho nodded and sat back down.

Heechul's eyes never left Krystal's face and he saw something undefinable as she watched the interaction of the two men. 'Okay, I suggest Krystal rests a bit, she can choose if she wants to help in retrieving Jonghyun.'. He turned to Kyu. 'If there is any additional information later on that could be of use, I would welcome it.'

'Nothing changed, I will still help.' Kyu reassured the others.

Krystal suddenly stood up and walked up to Hyuk. Everyone tensed up. 'I'm sorry I attacked you the other day.' She said to him.

Hyuk bit his lip. 'That's okay, but I do have one question.'

'Yes?' She asked.

'Do they want Hae?' Hyuk choked out, fear apparent throughout his body.

Yesung's eyes narrowed as he watched the girl, he quickly snapped his head to Sooyoung but she signaled that she couldn't read anything weird.

Krystal took Hyuk's hand. 'Why would they want him?'

Heechul had enough of all the tension. 'Well I can answer that with two words.' He smirked. 'That .'

Kyu held back a snort as Siwon nodded in agreement.

Hyuk's head turned to the leader of the Kim's. 'Will you all stop checking him out?! He's mine, ok? MINE!'

'I him first though.'

It had been just a whisper but in the silence it sounded like Siwon had shouted it.

Kyu's eyes grew large in disbelief of the other's courage.

Heechul and Kyu quickly grabbed Hyuk and pushed him outside the room before he set it on fire.

 

'Hi Henry, where is your bodyguard?' Sungmin said.

'W-what? Who?' Henry was confused.

'I meant Amber, she seems very protective over you.' Sungmin smiled.

Onew grinned and sat on the other side of the human. 'What have you two been doing?'

Henry was a bit distracted by the brightness of the metal handler's smile. 'What?'

'Amber is never possessive, she shares everything.' Sungmin explained further.

'There isn't a selfish bone in that girl's body.' Onew agreed.

'So why is she so controlling over you?' Sungmin added.

'Because he's an innoc.. I mean he's a human and you all are blood ers.' Amber said behind them.

'Minnie oppa, stop teasing them.' Sunny laughed.

'Me? I wouldn't dare.' Sungmin used his cutest expression.

Sunny giggled as Amber rolled her eyes.

'You two have something going on, admit it.' Onew continued.

Amber glanced at Henry and then looked at her clan mates. 'There is absolutely nothing going on between the human and me.' She walked away.

Sungmin saw the hurt in Henry's eyes and frowned at Onew who became serious as well.

 

'Hyukkie, is the meeting over?' Hae had been waiting in the hallway, sitting on the floor. He had been lost in thought when he saw his lover stumble out of the room.

Hyuk's eyes were filled with fire. 'I-I can't talk to you right now.' He said as he ran out.

Hae's jaw dropped as he watched Hyuk leave. He turned his head as the door opened again and the others came out one by one. Heechul grabbed Hae's chin. 'You'll trap flies like that, cutie. You better close your mouth.'

Hae blushed. His eyes lit up when he saw Krystal.

'Hey Krystal, I'm so glad you are okay.'

She was passing him by and right at that point she looked up and Hae was taken aback by the emptiness in her eyes. The cold glare pierced his heart.

'Hae what's wrong?' Yesung asked as he sensed the change in the water handler.

Kyu wrapped an arm around Hae.

'N-nothing.' Hae said quickly. 'Well Hyuk seems mad at me.'

Yesung relaxed and nodded. 'Siwon's fault.'

'Wonnie! What did you do?' Hae whined. Kyu cocked up his eyebrow at the nickname and chuckled.

'He just told Hyuk how he took your vampire ity.' Kyu laughed.

Siwon had the decency to look ashamed. 'I'm sorry, Hae baby. It's just that he was being y.'

'Aish! I'll better find him before he destroys something' Hae said and quickly went in search of his high maintenance boyfriend.

Kyu patted a pouting Siwon on the back. 'Great way of making them even more, just what we needed; a jealous, monkey.'