Chapter Sixty Seven

Between Betrayal and Lust

Kyu was bringing Hyuk and Amber towards Hae. The tension was immense. Amber was playing with her thumbs as her eyes went from Kyu to Hyuk and back. Hyuk almost tripped over something but managed to stay upright. Amber had seen the reflex of the hunter though. Kyu had lashed out his hand to support the other but in the middle of the movement had retracted it quickly.

'So,  how have you been?' Amber asked Kyu, tired of the tension.

Kyu glared at her, his eyes still silver.

The thing about Amber was that the more nervous she got, the more she'd speak. 'You know, that eye colour really suits you.'  She noticed a small smile appearing around Hyuk's mouth.

'Are you mocking me?' Kyu growled.

'Nope, oppa. You really look great. Power suits you. Maybe I should shut up, cause this is actually quite weird and I don't know what to do. You are way stronger than I am now, so you could probably end me in like a heart beat.' She kept rambling on.

'Amber.' Hyuk said softly after a couple of minutes.

She shut and bit her thumb nervously.

'I never heard you say so much as in the last 5 mins.' Kyu suddenly said. He stopped at a door. He made the key with his power and stared at the door before he softly said. 'Don't do anything stupid. I will point my weapon at Amber at all times.' Kyu threatened. Hyuk just nodded, he couldn't wait to see and help Hae.

Kyu unlocked the door and stepped back. He forged a dagger and grabbed Amber, pulling her near and aiming the dagger at . 'Go in.' He instructed Hyuk. Hyuk opened the door.

Henry looked up and was surprised to see a stranger at the door. 'Can I help you?' He asked.

Hyuk ignored him and stared at his lover. Hae was unconscious, looking very pale and weak on the bed. You could hardly see him breath.

Henry's confused gaze went behind the stranger and his eyes widened as he recognised Kyu and in his arms....'Amber?' Henry's voice was filled with disbelief.

'You!' She exclaimed. They both stared at each other then Henry's gaze reached the dagger that Kyu pointed at her. Thousands of questions were visible in his eyes but Amber broke the eye contact and gasped as she saw Hae. 

Hyuk slowly walked over to Hae, his legs barely able to carry him that far. Emotions overwhelmed him completely. He fell on his knees next to the bed, a trembling hand reaching for what he hoped was not an illusion. 'Hae.' He whispered as if he was afraid the image he loved so much would disappear. His hand reached out and grazed the cold skin of the other. 'Oh baby, what is this shape you are in?' Hyuk bit his lip. 'What have they done to you? Look at you, you, you are barely...' Hyuk's voice broke.

'Hyukkie' Hae mouthed, his eyes still closed.

'Yeah, it's me, come on, open your eyes, baby.' Hyuk softly patted the younger's cheek.

'Hyukkie.' Hae whispered, his eyeslashes trembling.

'That is it, come on Hae, wake up for me, let me see your beautiful eyes.' Hae said as he caressed every spot on the other's face.

Hae's eyes fluttered open, his sight unfocused. 'Strawberries.' He utters.

'What is it baby?'

'I smell strawberries.' Hae said, his face showing delight. 'My Hyukkie smells like that, I miss him so.'

Hyuk laughed and cried at the same time. 'It's me, Hae, I'm right here.'

Kyu had to look away.

Hae remained blurry until Hyuk gently pressed his lips against his. Hae's eyes widened and became clear. 'Hyukkie!'  He tried to sit up but Hyuk had to support him.

'Shhhhh calm down.' Hyuk smiled.

Hae wrapped his arms tightly around his lover. 'Don't ever leave me again.' He said.

Hyuk didn't comment on the fact that it was the other that had left, he was just too much engrossed in the feeling of the hug.

Hae looked so peaceful at that moment, even though his body was at its end, just the presence of Hyuk was enough to make him radiant.

Amber smiled softly at the sight. Hae opened his eyes and suddenly noticed they weren't alone in the room. He wanted to happily greet Amber when he noticed the dagger against and then Kyu holding it. Hae's eyes were beaming with sadness. He tried to shield Amber's body but he was too weak. 'You guys got caught?' He asked as he pulled back from the hug, cupped Hyuk's face and after he had given those plump lips another peck.

'No, no, we are just here so you can feed off Hyuk.' Amber explained.

'So you aren't prisoners?' Hae asked while his eyes were locked on Kyu.

'No, baby, Kyu is just letting you drink.' Hyuk explained.

Hae's eyes soften as he kept looking at his former best friend, he felt gratitude.

'Don't thank me, just proceed.' Kyu said as if he had read the water handler's mind.

Hae focused back on Hyuk, who had kept his face and hair. When their eyes met, they didn't need any words. They shared another tender kiss.

'Bite me, baby.' Hyuk whispered.

Hae softly kissed down Hyuk's neck. 'You are real right? This is not some twisted dream?'

'Aish, you idiot.' Hyuk sighed and ruffled the boy's hair.

Hae chuckled. 'Now I know for sure it's really you.' He lowered his head and slowly dug his fangs into Hyuk's neck. The latter's eyes fluttered shut and he moaned as pleasure invaded his senses.

'Drink as much as you need.' Hyuk whispered as Hae was clinging onto him for dear life.

Slowly a bit of colour was returning to Hae's cheeks and as he retreated, he tilted his head and wildly kissed his lover, completely forgetting they were not alone. His hands were already traveling down the buttons of Hyuk's shirt. Both vampires were panting, their eyes royal and sapphire.

'Seriously, you two can't keep your hands to yourself for a minute. Such a needy pair. He completely got you whipped, Hyuk' Kyu chuckled.

Everyone in the room stared at Kyu as they recognised the 'old' Kyu in that comment. Instead of the dagger threatening Amber's throat he had wrapped his arms gently around her, backhugging her.

Kyu just froze as he realised the situation.

'You got 5 more minutes, then I expect to see Amber and Hyuk to come back out.' Kyu said stiffly as he left the room.

'Bipolar much?' Hyuk mumbled.

 

Henry kept stealing glances from Amber.

Amber looked everywhere except at the boy.

'So...did you lose my number?' He suddenly asked.

Amber blushed immediately and stared at the ground. She shook her head.

'Oh.' Henry said. 'You don't like me?'

Before Amber could open he continued. 'I was bad, right? I'm sorry, it was my first time, I know I was all clumsy and...well eager but, but please I would really like to get to know you.'

Amber narrowed her eyes and relaxed them again, tilting her head as she kept processing what he just had said. She scratched the nape of her neck. 'It's not that, I just thought it was a one night thing.'

'Why?' Henry frowned.

'Look.' Amber said. 'I'm a vampire, you are a human, those things don't work out.'

'Well, I wouldn't know.' Henry bit his lip. 'Can we still be friends?'

Amber was confused. Never had a human, who she had used during alignment, asked such a question. 'Friends?'

'Yes. I know I don't have eternity like you do, but I can be a good friend, even if it's just for a short while.' Henry smiled.

Amber's heart melted. She nodded and they both grinned at each other.

'That is, if I don't die in this war.' Amber huffed.

'Yeah please don't, that would be like the shortest friendship ever!' Henry said as his eyes went back to the couple on the bed.

 Hae looked back at Hyuk. He suddenly got uncertain and started playing with the sheets.

'What is it Hae?' Hyuk asked.

'So you aren't mad at me?' Hae softly said.

Hyuk remained silent. Hae looked up carefully and saw a lot inside those royal blue eyes. He saw pain, fear, anger but above all love. He nodded and hugged Hyuk tight again.

'You really are a handful, you little idiot.' Hyuk sighed. 'But you are definitely my little idiot.'

'Hey.' Hae pouted.

'And I'm the big idiot that is deeply and madly in love with you.' Hyuk whispered as he stole another kiss.