Chapter Sixty One

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hyuk looked up from the letter. His hands were shaking terribly.

'Okay, very funny, Hae, you can come out now.' He said, his voice trembling.

Taemin buried his face against Minho's back. This just was too painful.

'Hae, seriously, this is kind of a cruel joke, come out from hiding.' Hyuk's voice broke down.

'Hyukjae...' Amber rubbed his arm.

Hyuk smacked it away. 'No! Don't! This isn't real, he didn't...he didn't do this to me!' He yelled.

They all just stood there watching Hyuk fall apart.

'H-h-he didn't leave me! He loves m-me!'

'Hyukjae, we know he loves you, he did this for us.' Sunny said softly.

Hyuk jumped up from his bed, not caring he was still .

Sulli and Sooyoung shrieked and looked away.

Hyuk stormed to the bathroom while cursing anything holy.

When he came back he tried to open the closet but it lagged. He just burnt the closet door away.

'Hyuk, calm down.' Taemin said.

'Tell Min and Onew to take over, I'm going to get that fool back.' Hyuk said while he grabbed some random clothes.

'They will be back from the Park's soon.' Minho said.

Hyuk froze. 'The Park's?'

'They went there for help. We will need all we can get against the hunters.' Taemin explained. 'They should be back any minute now.'

'Well tell Min, I resign as a leader.' Hyuk said. Suddenly he created a fireball and aimed it at Minho. 'Don't you dare enter my mind, boy.'

Taemin quickly went in front of Minho but Hyuk was already running down stairs.

They followed him and were met with Hyuk collapsing within Min's arms.

Min told everyone to leave them alone as he dragged their leader to the couch.

'It's going to be fine, Hyuk.' Min whispered.

'He-he-he...'

'I know.'

'Why?'

'You know why, he thinks this is a chance to solve things.'

'But I need him, Minnie, doesn't he get that?'

'He needs you too, the fear of losing you over this made him do this.' Min sighed.

'If he d-dies, I won't, I won't be able to cope.'

'He won't die.' Min said, biting his lip. He felt Hyuk's heart beat irregularly and his breathing seems harsh as well. Never had he seen Hyuk in this state.

'I am giving the leadership to you.' Hyuk said.

'It doesn't work that way. Fire handlers always have been the leader.'

'That is a stupid rule and I am not fit to be one right now.'

'Why not?'

'Cause I'll do anything to get him back, Min, anything.' Hyuk looked desperately into Min's eyes.

'What's your plan?'

'I'm going to the Kim's.'

'What?! Hyuk! Why?' Min shouted.

'To beg them to help us. The Park's won't, right?'

Min shook his head.

'Then we need the Kim's.' Hyuk said.

'They'll kill you.' Min said.

'I need to go there as me and not as your leader cause otherwhise...I might...'

'You might what Hyuk?'

'I might surrender us to them in return for their help.' Hyuk confessed, looking down in shame.

'Maybe you should.' Onew said.

Hyuk's head snapped up and he saw everyone standing behind the couch.

'We all love Hae and Kyu, if being submissive towards the Kim's gives us a shot to save them, hell, that's fine by me.' Taemin spoke up.

Thick tears ran down Hyuk's face as every member of the clan agreed.

 

'Hyukkieeeee' Hae screamed.

'What's wrong with him?' Kyu frowned.

'Nightmare.' Krystal said. She had been watching over him during the night. Not that he could escape but they all knew this one was powerful beyond imagination.

'How long?'

'Since I got here.'

'And you don't bother to wake him up?' Kyu snarled.

Krystal was taken aback. 'Kyu, isn't it good that he's suffering?'

Kyu's eyes widened. He coughed. 'Right.'

'Hyukkieeeee!' Hae yelled in anxiety.

'Aish, wake up you idiot!' Kyu shook him harshly until Hae slowly opened his eyes.

Krystal huffed at the action.

'He was giving me a headache.' Kyu tried to defend himself.

'Kyu, oh Kyu I had that bad dream again.' Hae cried as he tried to hug his best friend. He looked confused as he was unable to reach towards him. Chains were holding him back. 'Kyu?'

Kyu waited for reality to sink into the vampire.

Hae dropped his arms and looked devastated as he remembered it all. 'You shouldn't have waked me. Reality is a worse type of hell than that dream.' He mumbled.

Krystal saw it. The hand that made a motion towards the vampire to comfort him. She saw Kyu realising it midway and quickly retracting his disobedient hand. She also saw the ripped up feeling reflected in her leader's eyes as they watched Hae turning his back to them.