Chapter Fifty Nine

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hae got up early. He went to the kitchen to make some tea. While it was brewing he checked up on Sungmin in Onew's room. He quickly wrote a note and left it by Min's pillow. Hae went back to the kitchen and let the tea cool. He took a glass and poured some strawberry milk in it, then he took the tea like substance and dropped some of it in the strawberry milk. He knew it would be tasteless so Hyuk wouldn't be suspicious. He cleaned up the kitchen and went back to his lover.

Hyuk was lying on his side, his hair all messy. Hae gasped at the sleeping beauty. His eyes traveled from the cute messed up hair to the almost innocent looking face, the closed eyes and those plump lips that were pushed out a little. Hae put the glass on the night stand and sat on his knees next to the bed. He took a piece of paper and started writing. Once in a while he got lost in watching Hyuk before he forced himself to continue writing. He wiped away a tear and put his letter on the desk with all the pictures. Then he walked back to the bed, kneeled again and started kissing those lips.

'Mmmmm Hae.' Hyuk said hoarsely, slinging his arm around the other. He opened one eye and frowned.  'Why are you kneeling there, come back in bed.'

'I got you this.' Hae whispered, not really trusting his voice.

Hyuk opened an eye again and grinned his gummy smile. He sat a bit up and gulped his favourite liquid down within a few seconds. 'Done! Thank you, baby, now get back here.'

Hae smiled and obeyed. They were on their sides facing each other.

'How are you?' Hyuk asked concerned.

'I went to check on Min, he's still sleeping' Hae avoided the question.

Hyuk gave him an understanding glance and pressed the boy even closer to him. 'I wish I could take away your pain.' Hyuk whispered.

 

Kyu was staring at the ceiling. His scar was aching. He grunted in frustration. He was exhausted but as soon as he tried to close his eyes he saw Sungmin's gorgeous face or Hae's innocent one. He grabbed his cell phone and reread the message Donghae had send him last night.

Kyu, I don't understand what is happening really but I know one thing. You will always be my best friend. See you soon. Love, Hae. 

He cursed and threw a pillow across the room.

A soft knock was heard.

'Yeah?' Kyu snarled.

Jessica entered. 'Are you okay?' She asked sweetly.

Kyu wanted to lash out but couldn't, he just sighed.

Jessica bit her lip and forced herself to approach Kyu. She sat down on the bed. 'You know, it's normal to be very confused now. Awakening is very chaotic and painful.' She whispered.

'The past lives bit is sick.' Kyu mumbled.

Jessica nodded. 'Yeah every time your soul died, every fight, every time you lost someone precious, over and over again...'

'All because of those vampires.' Kyu growled.

'Don't-don't you th-think there is a slight chance they st-stay a little human inside?' Jessica said softly.

'Look, Jess, I know you really liked Donghae, heck he was my best friend but he died the day he woke up.'

'Is he so evil as a vampire?' Jessica bit her lip again.

Kyu's jaw dropped open, then he closed his mouth again. Hae evil? Kyu's heart started to hurt again. He roared and pulled his hair slightly. 'It doesn't matter how he is, he's a vampire therefore we must kill him!'

 

Hae saw Hyuk's eyelids closing although the older fought back the sudden sleepiness. Hae kissed those plump lips once more.

'Sleep, my love. Forgive me.' Hae whispered against them.

Hyuk felt himself drifting away. 'Hae...'

Hae started crying but knew he had to hurry up. He took one more look around the room. Covered Hyuk up with the blanket, kissed his forehead and then walked to the window. He forced himself not to look back anymore. He opened the window and surfed out. He followed his instincts, his throbbing scar guiding him. Soon he reached an open spot in the forest with a nice cabin hidden away. He had found him.

Kyu jerked up from the bed as he felt Hae's presence. He ran to the window and saw Hae sitting in front of the cabin. Kyu slammed open the window and jumped down. With a roar he threw himself at the vampire. His fist hit Hae's cheek making the latter whimper. Kyu yelled all kinds of profanities at his former friend while he let his fist rain onto him.

'Still not defending yourself?' Kyu screamed. 'You are such a ing burden upon everyone!'

Hae cringed at those words and looked hurt.

Kyu ignored it and pinned him down. 'Why are you here you moron?'

'To keep my promise.'

'What promise?' Kyu snarled. He quickly looked up as he heard a sob nearby. Jessica was crying heavily at the scene.

'Hey Jess.' Hae smiled, ignoring the pain and the blood that was dripping off of him.

'You idiot.' Jessica mumbled.

'Answer me! What promise?' Kyu shouted.

'He promised to surrender if a Lee would bite you.' Changmin said, he was standing at the front door.

'Who bit you?' Yunho asked as he followed the others outside.

'Sungmin did.'

'Really?' Changmin cocked up an eye brow. 'I never thought he would.'

'It was an...' Kyu stopped talking. He shouldn't find excuses for the lowlife. Vampires had no right to be pitied. Instead he focused on Hae who was still pinned down. 'So you made a stupid deal like that. You never learn. Why risk your life like that?' Kyu yelled.

Hae's eyes turned sad. He just stared at his best friend.

'Don't look at me like that, you piece of trash.' Kyu said, his hand going around the throat of the vampire.

Hae looked at all of them while he slowly spoke. 'I, Lee Donghae, water handler of the Lee clan, surrender willingly to your mercy as a consequence of the deal we made concerning Kyuhyun. I will take any punishment you would come up with as it is meant to be only inflicted upon my person. The rest of my clan, including Lee Sungmin will not be prosecuted in this manner.'

'Shut up, damn it, shut up!' Kyu punched Hae again. He was so caught up in emotion that he let the other's wrists go.

Hae hugged Kyu. 'I've missed you so much.' He said.

Kyu freed himself and spat at Hae. 'You are my enemy and you will suffer.'

'You want us to kill him right now?' Yunho spoke up.

Jessica wanted to run up to Hae but Krystal held her back.

Kyu stared into Hae's eyes. Their scars were throbbing to the extreme. Both of them looked completely torn up. Then Kyu straightened his back. His eyes silver and cold. 'Immediate death is too good for him, I will make his extinction a slow and painful one. So he can feel the intensity of my hatred for him and his kind.'

A tear escaped Hae's eye. 'Don't worry, Kyu, I feel it already. Do with me what you want. But promise me on your soul that you won't go after the others.'

'Sungmin is second on my list, him biting me like a savage is unforgivable.'

'Minnie has been a wreck since you left.' Hae whispered. 'He's filled with guilt and very dark thoughts.'

Kyu hit Hae with all his power, knocking the boy out. 'Bring him to the basement, we'll have a meeting in 5 minutes.'

 

Min's scream woke everyone up. Onew jerked out of his bed and ran up to his friend. Within a couple of seconds the others had run up to the room. Sungmin was shaking as he showed them Hae's letter to him.

'He's going to fix it?' Taemin frowned.

'Where's Hyuk?' Siwon worried and they all ran to Hyuk's bedroom to find him completely knocked out on the bed.

'Hyuk, wake up!' Onew yelled but the leader didn't move.

Sunny checked his vital signs and frowned. 'He's been drugged.'

'What the hell is happening?' Minho grunted.

'Hae.' Siwon whispered as his hands ran over the second letter. Siwon wiped away a tear and looked lost at the others.