Chapter Fifty Six

Between Betrayal and Lust

Taeyeon tried to support Kangin but the strong vampire was already digging into his reserves. She looked at her leader and Heechul nodded.

'Ryeowook, go get Jonghyun, Yesung and Junsu as well.' Heechul ordered.

Wookie ran back inside. He knocked on Hyoyeon's door and entered. After some heavy predictions yesterday the girl was completely exhausted. Junsu was watching over her.

'Junsu, we need you outside.'

The other nodded.

Wook was already running to the basement.

'Don't bite him!' Min yelled as he saw Jonghyun leaning into Kyu.

'I will tell you eve.....'

'Yesung, Jonghyun, emergency outside, we need you!' Ryeowook interrupted Min's pleads.

Jonghyun cursed and let go of the human as he followed Wook.

Yesung waited for the two to leave and then he looked Min in the eye and turned a switch. He followed the others quickly.

Their chains came undone because of that action. They were still in a cage and Min was too weak to use any power but at least he could crawl towards Kyu. At least they could hold each other.

Kyu caught the weak vampire in his arms. 'You need to rest.' He mumbled as he sat with his back to the wall and with Min in his embrace. He tried to gently inspect the wounds.

'You should have run when I told you to.' Min whispered.

'I couldn't.' Kyu said.

They looked at each other and Min smiled softly.

'You need to be treated.' Kyu said as he tried to stop the bleeding in Min's arm.

'I'm alright.'

'Stop acting tough, Minnie, you are in bad shape.'

'I still can take you on.'

Kyu laughed and bit his lip to hold his tears.

Min lifted his good arm and wiped a tear away. 'I'm not worth these.'

'You are worth so much more.' Kyu said as he caressed Min's face.

'You are important to me Kyu.' Minnie confessed as he looked away shyly. 'I need you to survive this.'

'I'm not the one bleeding rivers.' Kyu croaked. He gently pecked Min's lips. He startled. Those lips felt so cold. 'Min? Min???'

He saw Min's eyes closing slowly.

'No, Min! Stay awake!' Kyu yelled, his heart ached as he started to panic.

'I....love you.....Cho Kyuhyun.' Min said faintly.

'Don't you dare leave me, don't you dare!!! I love you so much.' Kyu screamed, tears streaming down his face as he yelled his voice hoarse. 'Please someone help, please! He's dying! He needs...' Kyu suddenly shut up. He looked at Min and his wounds.

He needs blood. Kyu dragged Min over his body and pressed Min's mouth onto his own neck. 'Drink, Minnie, come on.'

'Kyu...noooo.' Minnie's voice was so weak it scared Kyu to the limit. He took one of Jonghyun's devices and made a shallow cut in his neck, then he placed Min against it again. ' damn it!' He pressed on the back of Min's head.

Sungmin's survival instinct took over. He buried his fangs deeply into the human and started to drink.

 

'We are breaking through!' Hyuk yelled as he saw Kangin collapsing.

'Heads up, more are coming!' Onew yelled as he saw Yesung, Jonghyun, Junsu and Ryeowook approach.

The barrier started flickering even more and then disappeared in thin air.

The Choi's immediately started to invade Ryeowook's and Junsu's mind. Freezing them on the spot, one by control, the other by illusion. Hyuk went for Heechul. He shot fire at the other leader but Heechul was a good fighter as well.  Key changed into Heechul as well, confusing them.

Suddenly Hae screamed and collapsed. Hyuk immediately turned around and flashed to his lover. A thick wall of fire surrounding them.

'Hae! What's wrong?' Hyuk panicked and searched for wounds.

'Something is going on with Kyu....Hyuk....oh Hyuk...it...it hurts so much!' Hae screamed.

Hyuk looked at the scar and tried to use his healing flames on them, but it didn't work.

Hae kept trashing about in pain. 'Kyuuuu Kyuuu'.

 

Min drank as little as he needed and let go of Kyu. He looked at the other's pale face and caressed it. This was the best blood he had ever tasted. To his amazement he saw all his wounds closing up and healing in a heart beat. As close he had been to death, as healthy as he felt now. He caressed Kyu's face and whispered how much he loved the human.

A hand grabbed his harshly.

'Don't you ing dare to touch me, you filthy vampire.' Kyu's voice sounded cold.

Min froze. His heart stopped for a second when he looked up in Kyu's eyes.

Cobalt met Silver.

'You...you.' Min stuttered.

Kyu pushed Min off him, went to the side of the cage and ripped it apart with his bare hands. He turned back around, grabbed Min and walked out of the room. Sungmin saw something glowing in Kyu's hand.

 

The fight outside was at its peak. With Hae and Hyuk temporarily not fighting it was hard on the Lee's.

Hae's condition was worsening. He kept calling for Kyu.

Siwon turned around now and then to check up on his friend, his eyes laced with concern.

Then the door of the mansion was slashed into pieces. It made such a loud noise that everyone stopped fighting. Jaws dropped as they saw a furious Kyu dragging Sungmin behind him.

'What the hell!' Jonghyun exclaimed.

Hyuk looked at Kyu and felt his world falling apart.

Silver eyes.

All the vampires knew what this meant.

All except for Hae.

Hae got up with difficulty and ran up to Kyu. Tears of joy in his eyes.

'Kyu! You are alright!!! Oh Kyu!' He ran as fast as he could.

Kyu tossed Sungmin against Hae.

'Stay away from me, you freak.' He snarled hatefully at Hae.

Hae fell down while he caught Sungmin. He saw Kyu flashing away.

'Hyuk...what?' Hae was more than confused.

Onew and Taemin took a crying Sungmin in their midst while Hyuk hugged Hae tightly.

'Kyu is gone, Hae.'

'Yeah, I saw, since when can he flash?'

'No, Hae, you don't get it, the Kyu you knew is dead.'

'Wh-what do you mean, Hyukkie?'

'That man you just saw, had silver eyes. That man is the head of the vampire hunters.' Hyuk saw Sungmin shrink at those words.

'K-K-Ky-Kyu is a hunter?' Hae whispered.

Hyuk nodded and felt Hae's body going limp.

'Retreat!' Hyuk yelled at his friends and he flashed home hurriedly.

Today they had lost more than they had thought possible.