Chapter Thirty Eight

Between Betrayal and Lust

'We probably should return home before Hyuk scolds us.' Taemin sighed.

He, Onew and Amber were having a lazy day and had done nothing but eat, talk, play around and sleep.

Onew nodded and Amber started to pack everything.

Suddenly the three of them were surrounded by a sapphire shield.

They shrieked and looked confused at one another.

'Donghae!' Amber gasped. They left everything behind and rushed home.

 

'What's going on?' Taemin asks when they arrived at the mansion to find Kyu, Sunny and Sungmin. All three of them were shielded as well.

'These shields are different than his usual ones.' Sunny noticed.

'My scar is...throbbing' Kyu frowned. 'Let me go find him.' He looked pleading at Sungmin.

Sungmin closed his eyes and tried to think. His order was to keep Kyuhyun safe but they needed him to lead them to Hae. He made a decision.

'Okay listen up, we are all going. Our first priority, no matter what we find, is to protect Kyu. Got it?'

They all nodded.

Sungmin looked into Kyu's eyes. 'Don't do anything stupid like die on us or I'll kill you myself.'

'Great logic.' Kyu deadpanned, grabbed Min's hand and got flashed in Hae's direction.

 

Hae slowly walked over to the hunters.

Hyuk tried to grab him but the shield prevented him to move his feet.  

'Hae, you idiot!' Hyuk screamed.

Hae just kept on approaching the others.

Hyuk made a wall of fire to stop him but Hae just walked through it, unprotected, as usual.

Yunho, afraid that the vampire would attack his siblings or his friend, shot a bolt at the boy. It planted itself in his upper arm. Hae didn't even flinch, he just grabbed it, pulled it out of his arm and threw it away.

'No!' Hyuk screamed. He quickly ordered some purple flames to attach themselves to the wound to slow down the poison.

'You want me dead so badly?' Hae asked.

'All vampires are evil.' Yunho claimed.

'Why?'

'You leech on humans.'

'I don't.'

'You need to feed, of course you do or you wouldn't be alive.' Changmin snarled.

'I Hyukjae.'

There was silence as everyone took in that information.

'The rest of your clan uses humans.' Yunho said.

'True but they never kill them and they ask permission, they only take what they need.' Hae explained.

'It's wrong.' Changmin said.

'They need the blood to survive, I think it's a good solution.' Hae answered back.

'Just give Kyu to us and we will leave you alone for awhile.' Yunho said.

'Why do you want Kyu?' Hyuk intervened.

'He's human, humans shouldn't live amongst vampires.'

'It's his choice.' Hae said softly.

'The thought of him being bitten every day is repulsive.' Changmin said.

'No one bit Kyu.' Hae said.

'Soon someone will, it's in your nature after all.' Krystal spoke up.

'Okay, how about this. Kyu stays with me but the moment someone from my clan bites Kyu, I'll surrender to you guys willingly.' Hae said.

'Hae, shut up!' Hyuk growled.

'Why should we trust you on this matter?' Yunho said.

Jessica stepped forward and grabbed Hae's hand.

'Don't touch him!' Hyuk screamed. He conjured a ball of fire but it died as a stream of water detached itself from his shield and extinguished it.

'He's still very human.' Jessica said gently as she cupped Hae's face.

Hae smiled at her.

'Let's trust him for now.' She continued as she hugged the friend she had missed so badly. Hyuk clenched his fists so hard his nails drew blood.

Hae lifted his hand, making Changmin anxious. He aimed his gun at the vampire but lowered it as he saw the boy patting Jessica's head.

Yunho and Hae sealed the deal with a handshake and the hunters were ready to leave.

Kyu, Sungmin, Taemin, Onew, Amber and Sunny arrived. Sungmin saw the hunters and was ready to attack when Hae's voice boomed. 'No one attacks here!'

Kyu grabbed Min's hand. 'They are my friends.' He whispered.

'Come with us, Kyu.' Changmin tried.

'I'm sorry, I'm not going to leave them, I'm not going to leave Hae.' Kyu said clearly.

Yunho sighed. 'Okay, we have our deal, let's go.'

'One more thing though.' Hae said.

The hunters looked at him.

'If anyone of you harm Hyukkie, I will show no mercy.' Hae's eyes suddenly looked threatening as hell.

'As long as your boy toy behaves, we will not touch him.' Yunho smirked.

Hae bowed to him. The hunters left.

'Boy toy?' Hyuk screamed.