Chapter Thirty Four

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hyuk slowly opened his eyes. This was the second time in his life he had felt this good. Both times were after having with the boy that was currently clinging onto him. Hyuk couldn't help but smile as his eyes caressed Hae's face that was pressed against his shoulder. He slowly lifted his right hand to away the bangs that had fallen over Hae's eyes so he could see more of that handsome face. He felt slightly guilty as he remembered how things went on and on last night, how he kept on seducing the boy over and over again. Then he remembered Hae's reactions, every moan, every desperate scream was etched into his memory. For some reason he just couldn't get enough. At the end he just had pulled Hae close to him and ordered him to sleep, the boy had already fallen asleep before he could finish his sentence. Hyuk had bent down and kissed those lips one last time before he had given in as well.

Suddenly Hae started to move. He opened his eyes and saw Hyuk staring at him. He lifted his hand and rubbed his eye shyly.

'Good morning, Hae.' Hyuk whispered.

Hae hid his head by digging it deeper against Hyuk's shoulder.

Hyuk chuckled. 'Shyness? Really? After last night?' Now he saw the boy's cheek turn red. Hae didn't respond.

'So, I'll let one of the girls bring you breakfast, you better let your body rest for today.' Hyuk said.

Hae's head shot up. He looked at Hyuk seriously. 'There is no need.' He said and got out of the bed smoothly.

Hyuk's jaw dropped.

Hae walked easily over to the bathroom, glanced at the time and said over his shoulder. 'I'll shower first, classes start in an hour!'

'But...how? Last night....what the hell!' Hyuk shouted towards the now closed door of the bathroom.

 

'Why is Hyukjae so moody this morning?' Sunny whispered at the breakfast table. Hyuk was standing further away in the kitchen, eyeing the content of their fridge. Hae stood next to him, bent over and grabbed some strawberry milk. 'Here you go, Hyukkie, it's your favourite, no?' The boy said cheerfully. Hyuk glared and snapped the drink away.

The others watched the scene and frowned. Their leader certainly was in one bad mood.

Hyuk came over at the table and sat down. As he watched all gazes upon him he growled. 'What?'

'N-n-nothing.' Taemin yelped and looked down. Hyukjae was scary.

'Something wrong, Hyuk?' Sungmin asked. He had squeezed Kyu's thigh to sign to the boy to shut up.

'You are going to school to Kyuhyun and Donghae.' Hyuk answered.

'Euh, yes, that has been arranged for quite some time.' Min said.

A death glare was pointed at him. Sungmin frowned.

'Ahhh don't look so upset, Hyukkie, it's not Min's fault your plan failed miserably.' Hae said chirpy.

'Plan?' Kyu asked.

Hae looked down, suddenly shy again. Hyuk smirked as he saw it. 'Yeah, Hae, please enlighten them.'

Hae was chewing his lip.

'Come on, you seem to enjoy my failure so much, now explain it to them.' Hyuk egged on.

Hae eyed his lover and suddenly determination was radiating off of him. He lifted his chin, pink all over his cheeks. 'Hyuk tried to make sure I couldn't move a muscle to prevent me from going to school by ing me all night long.' He blurted out.

Hyuk, who had just taken a sip of his milk, sprayed the liquid out.

Amber covered Sunny's ears, Sungmin coughed and Kyu laughed. Onew just kept on eating. As Taemin opened his mouth, Onew shoved a piece of fruit into it.

'So, are you guys...together now?' Kyu asked.

'What? No! I...we just had some...fun.' Hyuk quickly said.

Kyu noticed the flash of hurt in his best friend's eyes and chose to shut up.

Sungmin felt Kyu getting tense and tried to move on from the topic. 'Okay, kids, let's go to school. I'll contact you if we encounter problems.' He looked up at Hyuk who was trying not to look at Hae who silently left the room.

'You know, oppa, sometimes you can be a real jerk.' Sunny said and left the table.

Hyuk clenched his fist but didn't respond.

 

'I'm so excited to see everyone again.' Hae said while he was skipping.

'Don't forget to control your powers, Hae.' Sungmin said.

Kyu wrapped his arm around his friend. 'Hae, are you okay?'

'Y-yeah! I think I have super healing powers, I don't feel sore at all, my body is happy!'

Kyu saw the avoidance of eye contact though. Hae freed himself from Kyu's arm and proceeded skipping ahead of them.

'You better talk to that monkey tonight.' Kyu said through gritted teeth.

'We shouldn't get involved.' Sungmin said.

'Hae's hurt.'

'He's fine.'

'I mean emotionally.'

Sungmin sighed. 'They have to solve it, we will only make it worse.'

'And I thought you were the sensible one.' Kyu snarled, rubbed his itching scar and sped up, leaving a frustrated Sungmin behind. 

 

Most of the classmates had been happy to see Hae and Kyu back. Jessica and Krystal on the other hand had seem distant. Especially towards Hae. Lots of them had been curious about Sungmin's sudden appearance but the silent boy caused no trouble.

It was in between second and third period when things went wrong. Hae was bending down to drink from the little water fountain in the hall when he was pushed aside.

'So you decided to show up?' Changmin said, his eyes cold.

'Changmin? W-why did you push me?'

'Cause I felt like it.' Contempt dripping off of him.

'Why are you looking at me like that?' Hae was so confused.

'You changed.' Changmin uttered.

'What's going on?' Kyu suddenly appeared and wrapped a protective arm around Hae. Changmin froze.

'Why are you hugging him?' Yunho said from behind them.

The boys turned around. 'He's my best friend as all of you know, what the hell is up with you.'

'What the heck is wrong with you, Kyuhyun, why are you hanging around him, he has changed!' Yunho yelled.

Hae's bottom lip started trembling. 'Please, stop this.' He whispered.

'We really hate your kind.' Changmin spat at Hae.

Kyu and Hae looked shocked at one another.

'Kyu, take Hae away from here.' Sungmin suddenly appeared.

Kyu nodded and obeyed.

'So, I thought you guys were extinct.' Sungmin said.

'Get lost, blood er, before we end you.' Yunho threatened.

'Ahhh but too many witnesses and you guys really don't like messy situations.' Min smiled, hiding his anxiety.

'How did you know what we are?' Changmin asked.

'Well it kinda becomes obvious when the two girls tried to seduce me into a quiet corner to rip my heart to shreads.' Min said calmly.

'Jess and Krystal! What did you do to them?' Yunho shouted.

'I gave them a small shock and left.'

Yunho quickly went to check up on them.

'Give Kyu to us, don't show up again and we might not hunt you down like the beast you are.' Changmin said.

'Kyu knows everything about us and is staying with us at his own free will.' Sungmin said calmly.

'He's human, he shouldn't be around you, predators.'

'They are best friends, don't mess with that.' Sungmin's voice sounded harsher.

 

'Sungmin, what's wrong?' Hyuk eyed the pale face of the other.

'I spotted four hunters at the school.'

Hyuk's eyes changed to royal blue immediately. 'What?'

'And they know about Hae also, I think they used to be friends since Hae is devastated at the cold shoulder treatment.'

'Where is he now?'

'I let him go meet Siwon.'

'What? No, I want him home, now!'

'Hyuk, he's safe with Siwon, we need to talk with Kyu.'

'This is not good, Min.'

'I know, I know.'

'Damn it!'