Chapter One Hundred Twenty Eight

Between Betrayal and Lust

Kyu didn't think of anything else than Hae. He flashed through the forest, following whatever direction his throbbing scar lead him to. He didn't care that they weren't prepared for this, he didn't care he was gambling with his life, he just needed Hae to be safe. His mind went back to the moment he and his dad had found Hae on the streets. The innocence, the purity of the boy although he already had had a tougher life than most his age. He remembered how Hae was too shy to make eye contact, how he had flinched at physical contact. Slowly the boy had opened himself up, had shown his true treasure; his personality. Kyu never met anyone so selfless, so occupied with others. Hae could be bleeding from a nasty wound cause he fell off his bike but if Kyu had had a paper cut at the same time, Hae'd be all over Kyu, taking care of him, making him feel better. And all the nights they had spent together, talking as if they didn't see each other every minute of the day, curled up next to each other in Kyu's bed. Hae's mind always took them to fairy tale like adventures, where they both could be heroes and lived happily. Hae had grown up to be great but, Kyu had to admit, his friend became even greater as soon as he had met Hyuk. Hae was finally completely happy, he finally belonged. Kyu bit on his lower lip to prevent himself from tearing up.

Kyu arrived at some sort of cave, but it was blocked. A sense of anxiety took over. 'Someone, destroy this, hurry up, Hae is in grave danger, I sense it!' Kyu yelled.

TOP shoved everyone aside, his eyes wide open. He concentrated fully and then just obliterated the large piece of rock. The earth trembled.

 

Hae couldn't take his eyes away from Hyuk. It still hurt badly but the pain barely registered.

'What the hell.' Leeteuk frowned. He looked at his gun that was completely melted to goo. He looked at Hae's chest where a severe burn had formed. Then he realised what had happened. He quickly turned around and was met with the most beautiful yet frightening sight he'd even seen. Hyuk was completely covered in flames, his eyes murderous hooked upon the Park.

'You were going to take him away from me?' Hyuk barked.

They felt the earth tremble but didn't pay attention.

'You made me hurt him!' Hyuk snarled, his eyes quickly on the burn on Hae's chest.

'Hyukkie.' Hae whispered.

Hyuk simply broke the cuffs around his wrists. He walked slowly, like a predator towards the Park. Flames lashed out of his body, heating the small room.

'You c-can't do this!' Leeteuk stammered.

'You belong in hell!' Hyuk growled. 'You are the sole cause of pain and unhappiness for so many people. You caused so much harm.'

Slowly the flames around Hyuk's body began to encircle Leeteuk.

The door split open. Kyu was standing there, all sweaty and disheveled. The sword in his hand had destroyed the door. His eyes traveled through the room, seeing Hyuk closing in on Leeteuk and finally seeing Hae, chained to the wall, clearly hurt. Anger took over. Anger made him run to Leeteuk, made him shove Hyuk aside, not caring about the burn he got. Anger made him slam the Park against the wall, his sword ready to end his miserable life.

' you for hurting my Hae.' Kyu roared and lifted his sword.

'Wait!' A voice sounded.

Leeteuk's gaze flew to the door. 'Vic?'

The dragon princess slowly entered the room. Kyu's muscles were trembling. It took all of his energy to not just slam his sword through the vampire.

Victoria was still quite pale and weak but an inner force made her more beautiful than ever.

'Vic.' Leeteuk breathed.

Victoria approached them, her eyes went to Hae. Her heart clenched. This is all her fault. She saw Hyuk calm down and quickly healing the burn on his lover, sobbing like a child. She saw the head of the hunters wanting to end the Park's life. Her eyes met Leeteuk's. How he had changed. From once a handsome, charismatic man to...a monster, really.

'What happened to you?' She whispered in despair.

'Vic, come back to me, please.' Leeteuk begged.

'Tell me where my baby is.' Vic said.

Leeteuk's eyes went to the water handler. 'Your baby? I don't care about your love child with that lowlife!' He shouted.

A slapping sound echoed through the room. Victoria had hit him, hard.

'The child was never his, you idiot!' She said.

Leeteuk's eyes pierced into hers and widened as he saw the sincerity. 'Then who's?'

'Zhoumi's.' Vic said, affection laced throughout her voice.

'That weakling?' Leeteuk shouted. Another slap was dealt.

Leeteuk started laughing. He looked at Hae and laughed even more. 'Seems we both got played by them.'

'I never had a thing with her, she is a good friend, that is it.' Hae said softly while his arms went around his still sobbing lover.

Leeteuk realised his mistake. He frowned. He looked at the mess of a fire handler and saw even more clarity. He remembered how he had changed the previous fire handler's memories with Vic's powers. How it took a lot of power to change those memories. Because the previous fire handler had already loved his water handler. Leeteuk had carefully twisted several minds to his pleasing. He had erased his image from the water handler's mind to make sure no one would connect the dots. When the hunter had awakened he had used the last of the powers of Vic's baby that he had retracted a decade before. It had been his ultimate chance of getting that water handler killed. All those decades, he had been focusing on the wrong man. But then he remembered the prophecy and decided he hadn't been that wrong since the water handler was a threat. Still.

'Tell us where the baby is.' Kyu barked, effectively getting Leeteuk out of his trip down memory lane.

'On one condition.' Leeteuk said, his eyes insane.

'What do you want?' Vic said.

'Him at my mercy.' Leeteuk said as he pointed at Hae.