Chapter One Hundred Sixteen

Between Betrayal and Lust

'Are they approaching us?' Hyuk asked.

'No' GD said.

'Let's go check it out.' Kyu said.

'What about Leeteuk?' Siwon asked.

'We'll go for him afterwards, it's not like he's much of a threat right now.' Heechul shrugged.

'I suggest we split up. Let the wounded go home and rest, a small party of us can go to check out whatever Yesung and GD are seeing.' Hyuk said.

'I'll watch over Amber.' Henry said as he picked her up.

'Henry, put me down. Sunny will help me.' Amber said curtly.

Hae sensed his friend's pain and slung an arm around him. 'Come with me, let's explore together.'

 

The leaders and a select few came across a mansion, well hidden in the forest.

Heechul lifted an eyebrow at GD, who confirmed it. 'This is the place.'

'I want you all still on high alert.' Hyuk said, especially eyeing his boyfriend.

Kyu forged a sword with his power and barged in. They all entered quickly and were met with someone kneeling deeply in front of them.

'Please, don't harm, please.' The person said.

Hae knelt down at the person's level, ignoring Hyuk's warnings. 'Shhhh we won't harm you. Tell me your name.'

'I'm Z-Zhoumi.' The guy sobbed as he held onto Hae's shirt. Hae pulled him in a hug and patted him. 'Calm down, we don't just harm random people.'

'Where is Leeteuk?' Zhoumi asked, wiping away a tear.

Hyuk immediately grabbed Hae's wrist and pulled him behind him. 'You are his ally?' He hissed at the stranger.

Zhoumi blinked innocently and started laughing in misery. 'His ally?  That demon ruined my life!'. His eyes wandered over the people in front of him and widened as he saw Henry.

Suddenly they heard something drop in a nearby room.

'Where is Hae?' Hyuk screamed as he ran towards the noise.

'Tori?' Hae gasped as he went closer to the unconscious girl in the bed.

Kyu and Hyuk avoided the tray that Hae must have knocked over in his shock and stared at him.

'Please don't harm the princess!' Zhoumi begged.

'Hae do you know her?' Hyuk asked, trying to get the other out of his shocked state.

'Tori....' Hae whispered as he slowly caressed her face.

'She's...different.' Yeye said, trying to read her aura.

'This is Victoria, the dragon princess.' Zhoumi said.

Hyuk froze.

'What? Ohhh man, she's not even ugly.' TOP pouted.

'Why is she like this?' Hae asked urgently.

'We don't know. One day I just found her like that.' Zhoumi said. 'I think it's because of a broken heart.' His eyes got teary again. He glanced at Henry but then shook his head.

Hae leaned in and closed his eyes. Water was conjured and softly placed around the princess.

'What are you doing?' Zhoumi yelled.

'Don't worry, he's trying to help.' Kyu said.

'Hyuk, help me wake up Tori.' Hae said, his eyes never leaving the girl's face.

Hyuk stared at Hae's back for a second and then obeyed. He positioned himself on the other side of the unconscious girl and closed his eyes as he conjured his purple flames.

'You...you are the current water handler!' Zhoumi stuttered.

'He sure is.' Heechul smiled.

Zhoumi fell upon his knees again, his hands clinging to Hae's legs. 'I'm so sorry.'

'He's at his wit's end.' Yeye murmured.

GD pulled the poor man up and drained enough energy so he fell asleep.

Hyuk kept looking at Hae as the latter stared intensely at the princess. Hae gasped and Hyuk's heart clenched.

'She's waking up!' Kyu said.

The eyelashes of the princess were fluttering.

'That's it, Tori, wake up girl, come on.' Hae whispered.

Unfocused eyes met sapphire ones.

'It's you.' Victoria croaked out.

'Tori!' Hae said and immediately hugged her tight.