Chapter One Hundred Fourteen

Between Betrayal and Lust

Leeteuk laughed as he watched Hyuk startle.

Hae's eyes widened as they met his lover's. 'Hyukkie?' His heart clenched as he saw the panic leaving Hyuk's eyes and all that was left was sheer emptiness.

Kyu was moving in Min's arms. His eyes fluttered open, he was too weak to stand up. He felt his lover's tension though. He shifted his head and felt like he was watching a painting. Hyuk, standing as a statue and across from him Hae in his shield.

The painting turned into a nightmare. Flames erupted from Hyuk. Min never saw them so intense, so filled with hate. The heat even made everyone else whimper.

'You are going down, water boy.' Leeteuk growled in anticipation.

', he got to Hyuk.' Heechul screamed.

Siwon wanted to flash near Hae but he was too late. Hyuk had jumped up and landed close to his lover. He conjured a wall of fire, surrounded them both with it. No one could see what was happening. They heard Hae scream. It all happened so fast.

'Haeeee!!!' Kyu shouted, trying to get up.

Siwon wanted to run into the flames but was held back.

'So much for love.' Leeteuk yelled at them. Another scream of the water handler was heard. 'You built your believes on those two? On their so called love? See how easily manipulated it is. How within a second it becomes lethal.'

Min, Sunny and Taemin jolted. Kyu frowned. He's feeding? Realisation hit him. He eyed his scar and his heart sped up. 'Min!'

Sungmin's face was covered in tears. They all felt so helpless as they heard Hae scream one more time.

'Min!' Kyu whispered again. Sungmin lowered his face and watched the hunter in his arms.

'Get Siwon over here, now!' Kyu said.

Min got up and went to where Kangin and Heechul were holding Siwon back. 'Kyu needs you.' Min said with no emotion in his voice.

Siwon was dragged towards the hunter, his eyes still on the flames, trying to see anything.

'Siwon look at me.' Kyu said but the other couldn't tear his eyes away.

Kyu slapped the vampire hard, finally getting his attention. 'You need to communicate with Hae, silently, like you do with Minho.'

'What?' Siwon uttered.

'Tell Hae to tell Hyuk that we caught on.'

A bone shattering scream was heard from within the flames. This time it was Hyuk.

'Seems the water handler is finally fighting back!' Leeteuk commented.

'What are you talking about, Kyu?' Min asked.

'My scar doesn't hurt.' Kyu stated, waiting for the consequences to sink into the others.

'You are connected with him too, Siwon, you can do this, connect!' Kyu pressed.

Siwon gasped and started to concentrate. Hae? Can you hear me?

Wonnie?

Hae! Are you okay?

Kyu figured it out, didn't he? Let me tell Hyuk.

Siwon felt his muscles relax, Hae's voice in his head didn't sound harmed at all.

Kyu saw that Siwon was succeeding and kept his eyes on Leeteuk. The Park was so involved into watching the flames and hearing the screams that he didn't pay attention to the others.

Wonnie? Hyuk is buying us some time. Wait a second I have to scream again.

A heart piercing scream was heard from within the flames.

Ugh my throat. Anyway. We need to figure out where the real Leeteuk is if we want to win this thing. Let Yesung scan the area.

'Get Yeye.' Siwon said to Heechul.

A calm Yesung came strolling to them.

'Guess you figured it out as well.' Kyu smirked.

'Yeah, Hyuk really should try to cover up his emotions for Hae. His aura changed only for a second when Leeteuk triggered him. Hyuk's love immediately evaporated Leeteuk's hold on him. It was ridiculous. The aura went back to its obsessive self.' Yesung smiled.

'So Hae's safe?' Min asked to be sure.

'Yeah, basically the only thing Leeteuk did was make Hyuk hungry.' Yesung responded.

'Siwon has connected with Hae, Hyuk wants you to scan the area to find the real Leeteuk.' Kyu said.

They heard Hyuk scream again, followed by Leeteuk clapping his hands in joy.

Yesung closed his eyes and started to feel around their surroundings.

'Their is a lot of energy coming from the west.' GD muttered.

Yesung focused and scanned the western side. He opened his amethyst eyes and nodded. 'He's up a tree over there.' He told Siwon the exact location.

Siwon closed his eyes and communicated it to Hae.