Chapter One Hundred Thirteen

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hae looked around him. His eyes getting teary. He was alone once again. Everyone had moved away, afraid they'd turn on him. His legs couldn't keep him upright any longer. Hae fell down. He hugged his knees as his mind went back to the time he was wandering the streets as an orphan.

'Hae, we can do this.'

'Hyukkie?' Hae snapped out of it and his eyes met a concerned Hyuk.

'No need to cry, we will defeat him.' Hyuk said and gave him his gummy smile.

Butterflies took over. They spread from his stomach to every corner of his body. They tickled him from within and he couldn't help but smile at his lover. He stood up and nodded.

'Defeat me? A Park?' Leeteuk snorted. 'With what? Fluffy animals and rainbows?'

'You know what? You are annoying.' Kyu barked. 'And a ing coward.'

'What?' Leeteuk snapped, irritated.

'Show your real self, instead of this projection. Are you that afraid of us? Are you that afraid of him?' Kyu pointed at Hae. 'You should, cause he's ten times the man that you claim to be. He is the best thing that can happen to anyone.'

'So the rumours are true.' Leeteuk smirked. 'A hunter having a vampire as his best friend? How sinful, how utterly disgusting. Let's change that.'

'Kyu!' Yesung screamed as he sensed the switch.

Kyu froze. His hand moved in jerky movements as if it was disobeying him. 'Nooooo' He screamed as he lost control over his body.

'Hae cleared Minho, how can Leeteuk still control someone?' Heechul shouted.

'He mastered it, it's one of his many powers now.' Luna sighed.

Kyu unwillingly changed his weapon into a sword. 'Stop this.' He shouted.

Sungmin grabbed Kyu's hand but was harshly tossed away. 'Minnieeeeeeee' Kyu shouted in shock.

'It's okay, Kyu, I know it's not you.' Min panted.

Suddenly Hyuk flashed in between Hae and Kyu. 'I won't let you near him.'

Fear overtook Hae. His worst nightmare all over again. His lover and his best friend...on opposite sides. 'You guys can't fight!'

'Kill me if necessary.' Kyu whispered to Hyuk.

Hyuk's eyes showed sadness. 'Kyu.'

'Don't Kyu me. I need you to end me if I'm hurting him. Promise me.'

Hyuk's heart hurt as he saw desperation on the hunter's face. 'Try to control it. I don't think I can kill you. Hae would hate me. Min would torture me and I might be unable to live with myself.'

Kyu huffed. 'Don't get mushy on me now.'

'You are a great person, Cho Kyuhyun.' Hyuk admitted.

'Oh man, I swear if you drop one tear, I'm going to slap you.'

'Don't harm them, please, don't'. Hae turned to Leeteuk.

'Only one solution, your dead corpse.' Leeteuk retorted.

Hae was so tempted to give himself up, to sacrifice. Every cell in his body was screaming for it. But he promised Hyuk. He promised his love that he would never do that again. And there is something worse than death...Hyuk's disappointment. Hae didn't want it so he stood his ground. 'Sorry, but I can't give you that.' Hae said softly.

Kyu was losing the battle with himself. His hand was around the sword already and his feet were slowly taking him towards his best friend.

Hyuk got fired up. Flames were his frame as he conjured them from deep within.

'Hyukkie, don't hurt him!' Hae shouted as he saw Hyuk lash out.

Flames burnt the hand holding the sword and although Kyu screamed out in pain, his hand didn't falter. The grip even tightened. A patch of water appeared to heal the burn.

'Hae, only your shield baby!' Hyuk yelled.

The water patch disappeared and was replaced by purple flames quickly healing the burn.

Kyu's sword slid through the air and aimed for the one standing in between it and its target. Sulli tried to approach the hunter, wanting to put him too sleep but he turned around and lashed out at her. Thankfully, Heechul had quickly pulled the girl back. 'Hyuk, stop me!'

'Let me do the honours.' GD whispered as he suddenly had flashed behind the hunter and sedated him effectively. Kyu dropped into unconsciousness.

Min quickly carried Kyu's body to safety.

'Well, that was disappointing.' Leeteuk sighed. 'I had expected more from the leader of the hunters.'

'His love for Hae made him fight it to the core, giving us a window to act, to stop him.' Hyuk said.

'Love huh. Let's test the bounderies of love.' Leeteuk said.

'Hyuk!' Yesung yelled.