Chapter One Hundred and Six

Between Betrayal and Lust

'You need to understand that there are limits in the way I can help you.' Luna's voice sounded sad.

Onew looked up to her. His head was resting in her lap as she was playing with his hair. They were outdoors on a secret spot Luna knew.

'No more crying, please my lady.' Onew whispered as he wiped away a stray tear from her cheek bone.

'I'm sorry.'

'It breaks my heart to see you this sad.'

'I just don't know what to do. I want it all to end. I don't want to upset Leeteuk but I don't want any of you harmed.' Luna said as she was leaning down, bringing their faces up close.

'Especially not you.' She whispered as she pressed her lips against his.

Onew moaned and pulled her in closer, deepening the kiss. As they pulled apart, Luna leaned back against the tree and they both watched the night sky, lost in their own thoughts.

 

'Have you seen Henry?' Amber asked Sunny. The girl shook her head. Amber sighed, she already checked all his usual spots. She flashed to the Kim's mansion and raised some mud to be lifted towards a certain window. Her heart clenched as she saw a half Henry with Taeyeon on top. She lost her focus and fell down, not caring about the pain, about her ankle that was throbbing harder by the minute. She flashed deeply into the forest and cried her eyes out. The image of that Kim, rubbing her filthy hands all over Henry's back, destroyed her. She didn't notice a shadow luring over her.

 

'Since when have we become the errand boys?' Minho whined to Taemin.

'Are you still getting air sick?' Taemin worried as he slowed the air under their feet a bit down.

'No, as long as I focus on you, I'm fine.' Minho winked.

'You are so cheesy.'

'You are adorable.'

'Don't look at me like a love sick puppy.'

Minho smirked.

'No, don't look so evil either. You really should stop hanging out around Kyu.'

'He's hilarious.'

Taemin froze.

'What's wrong?'

'There is something in the air.' Taemin whispered, concentrating on his senses. 'Something foul.'

 

'Thanks Taeyeon.' Henry bowed.

'I'm sorry I can't heal you completely but I think this should make you feel better for a while.' Taeyeon smiled tenderly.

'Without you, I might already have died.' Henry said.

'You are strong and you have an inner drive to stay alive.'

Henry blushed.

'I won't tell, don't worry.' Taeyeon chuckled.

'Hyoyeon!' They heard Junsu cry out. Both of them ran into the next room. Hyoyeon was trashing about on her bed.

'Doom.' Hyoyeon screamed. It brought shivers to the others.

Heechul barged into the room with Yesung right behind him.

'Doom!' Hyoyeon repeated.

Yesung paled as he sensed the darkness and despair around their seer.

'The dragon, pain, so much pain.' Hyoyeon yelled. Suddenly she froze and her eyes changed to wisteria purple. 'Amber!' She screamed as she tried getting out of bed. Junsu pushed her weakened body gently back.

'What's with Amber?' Henry panicked.

'She's in danger.' Hyoyeon started crying.

 

Sungmin woke up with an ill feeling. He jumped out of bed and was almost at the door when it was thrown open.

'You feel it as well?' Hyuk asked all tensed up.

'Yes.'

'What's going on?' A sleepy Kyu asked. He noticed a crying Hae and jumped out of bed. 'Hae?'

'Something is so wrong.' Hae cried.

'Let's search for her.' Min said calmly.

'For who?' Kyu asked confused, rubbing Hae's back.

'Amber.'

 

The ones that found her were Taemin and Minho. The air handler fell to his knees as he started to feel nausea. A split second later some of the Kim's arrived and then the rest of the Lee's. Minho send a mental message to the Choi's.

Hae wanted to run up to Amber but Hyuk grabbed his wrist and pulled him back.

'Let me go, Hyukkie, let me go.'

'No, Hae, we don't know how dangerous it is.' Hyuk said firmly.

Amber opened her eyes weakly. 'Hyuk, I'm s-sorry.'

'Don't strain yourself, we'll get you out.' Hyuk said.

Yesung quickly held Henry as he saw the human arrive with the Choi's, the hunters and GD's gang.

'Amber!' Henry screamed, fighting Yeye's hold.

Amber slowly turned her head towards Henry. She looked at him for a second and then turned away.

'What are those?' Hae asked.

'Dragonflies.' Heechul said.

'Hae protect yourself.' Hyuk ordered.

'But.'

'DO IT!' Hyuk yelled, startling his lover.

'Can't we just chase them away?' TOP asked, ready to shockwave the hell out of them.

'No, they'll get aggressive then.' Heechul said, a bit distracted as one of the dragonflies approached him, seemed to scan him and then after a good minute turned around to join the rest.

'We can't just let them the life out of Amber!' Henry yelled.

'It's more complicated than that.' Yesung said.

'Yes, she's tied down by something.' Siwon said.

'One is around her neck.' Kyu observed. 'As soon as we do something, they'll snap it.'

Hae walked closer, suddenly all of the dragonflies turned towards him. Their wings sped up.

'What is it that you want?' Hae asked desperately. 'Please let my friend go.'

One of the dragonflies flew up to him but stayed away from the shield.

Hae didn't notice the panicked looks of the leaders behind him.

Onew arrived with Luna beside him. Luna turned pale as she saw the mess Amber was in. 'Oh no, it has begun.'