Chapter 41

Never Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After contemplating, I stood up from the couch. It’s been a couple of minutes since Jongin went down. I straighten my slightly crumpled dress and flattened my hair with my hand. I grabbed my clutch from the table, head outside the room and made a beeline to the elevator. Just when I was about to press the button, it opened with Jongin inside.

“Where are you going?” he asked. His expression looked indifferent but his voice was thick with doggedness.

I averted my gaze from him and bit my lower lip guiltily. He sighed audibly.

“Bring that to our room, please.” I heard him say to someone. In instinct, I looked up and saw a servant with a cart full of mouth-watering cuisines standing just behind Jongin.

The servant gave Jongin a quick nod. As Jongin stepped aside, the servant went to the room while Jongin stepped out of the elevator and walked towards me. Over his broad shoulders, I saw the doors of the elevators closed.

“You think I’m upset with you?” he asked me firmly but the look in his eyes, when he peered into mine, was thoughtful.

I looked away from him again and hated him for being able to read my mind just like that. I can’t be that transparent, right?

“It’s all set, sir.” the servant said, coming out of the room and walking towards Jongin. The cart was no longer with him. “Do you need anything else, sir?”

“No, we’re good. I’ll just call you if I need anything. Thanks.” Jongin told the man and then servant get on the elevator, which opened itself as if on cue, and then he disappeared. “Come on.” Jongin turned to me. He swiftly slid his hand on mine, leading me back inside the room.

The first thing I noticed when we got back inside was the cart placed in the middle of the room, adjacent to the table. The cart was decorated nicely and appetizingly but the foods looked a lot more delightful.

“Do you think I’m upset with you?” Jongin asked again, after closing the door.

“Who wouldn’t?” I mumbled, still not looking at him. I could still feel his eyes on me. Before he could say another word, I tried going for the door to escape. But Jongin was fast enough, with quick long strides, he grasped my hand mid-air, before I could even touch the handle. “Jongin…please.” I said to him, finally looking at him. “Just let me go…”

“No, I won’t.” he said, stubbornly. He pulled me away from the door. “You’re not telling me something. I can feel it.”

“Wh-what makes you say that?” I inquired, looking at him hesitantly.

Jongin’s gazed softened more as he peered into my eyes. “You look so pale and terrified awhile ago.” he stated, gently rubbing my elbows almost subconsciously, calming my shocked nerves. “Tell me what’s wrong…” he implored.

I heaved a shaky breath. “Daehyun…” I mumbled, after mulling over if I should tell him or not.

“What about him?” he asked, his brows creasing.

I bit my lower lip, mulling. I turned and went to a plush couch and took a seat—I realized that my knees were shaking a little. “Can you give me a drink first?” I asked him as I glanced towards the cart. I just really need something to drink.

Jongin took a glass of orange juice, he handed it to me and sat down right next to me. He watched me as I took a gulp. I set down the half-full glass. I turned to him, his eyes still fixed on me, waiting for me to say something.

“I did mention to you before why my relationship with Daehyun didn’t worked out, right?” I asked him.

He flinched ever so slightly, as though, he couldn’t believe we’re talking about my past relationship. “Yeah.” he said. “Because he’s a control freak and paranoid.”

I nodded. “Right. But there’s another reason why…” I added reluctantly. I turned my gaze away from him and leaned against the backrest. I stared at my lap as I recollect what happened. “When we were still going out, he…he—” my breath hitched. “He tried to…”

Jongin shifted on his seat. “Did he…” he started and I looked back at him, hesitantly. He was watching me carefully with his brows knitted. “Did he you?” he asked, his tone equally confused and appalled.

“No!” I answered quickly. Jongin let out a breath in instant, as though, he’d been holding it when asked me the question. “He didn’t. I swear.”

“Well, then…” he trailed, confused.

“He was forcing me to sleep with him.” I said hastily.

Silence followed after that. Jongin didn’t move for a second but his eyes were still glued on mine. He clenched his jaw, turned away from me and pressed his fingetips on his temples aggravatingly.

“When I told him I was not ready, he got furious.” I continued. “He called me names and then he asked me to leave their house.” I took a quick breath. “Then, on the next day, he dumped me.”

Jongin was quiet for a moment, staring on a pile of magazine laid on top of the center table. Then, he buried his face in his hands in frustration. The back his neck turned red, so I thought he must be upset. He’s calculating himself, though, because he started clenching and unclenching his fists. “I don’t even understand why you went out with him, in the first place.” he muttered.

“What?” I asked him, appalled.

“Well, he’s a . Everyone knows that.” Jongin said bitterly as he turned to look at me. “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter