Chapter 4

Never Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“If Min Jee is missing,” Jongin said, trailing behind me as we head to the game room. “Why are we looking for Baekhyun?”

“Because Min Jee got my cell phone,” I told Jongin, glancing at him sideways, “She told me she’ll call Baekhyun once she’s headed here so we need to find him.”

“There he is!” Jongin said, pointing to Baekhyun who’s standing along a group of people in the game room. “Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun looked up. “Hana, Jongin.” he said as soon we reached him. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you.”

“Did Min Jee called you?” I asked him anxiously.

“No, she didn’t.” Baekhyun said, half glancing at his phone. “Why, is something wrong?” his brows creased.

I didn’t say anything but Jongin did. “Hana thinks she’s missing.”

“I thought she’s with that Jino dude?” Yixing jumped in.

“Yeah,” Jongin answered again, “But he’s naturally futile so he left without knowing where she's gone.”

I turned to Jongin. “You know Jino?”

“My family’s a bit acquainted with his...” he trailed. I wanted to ask another question but Baekhyun’s phone suddenly rang.

“It’s Hana!” Baekhyun said, and realizing that I'm there, he shook his head and said, “I mean, it’s Min Jee!” he handed the phone to me.

“Min Jee? It’s Hana! Where are you?!” I said, the line was a bit choppy so I started walking out of the living room with the three boys trailing behind me. “What?!? But—no! Oh my God... where are you? Bathroom? There are bathrooms in each floor of the school, Min Jee. A graffiti of a Cattleya flower—Hello? Min Jee?” Min Jee’s line went dead, which made me a lot more anxious.

“What did she say?” Jongin asked.

I turned to them as I hung up the phone. “She said she’s stuck in a bathroom...” I began, trying to gather my thoughts and ignore how nervous I am right now. “She said there are guys trying to break in inside her stall...”

The boys looked stunned. Baekhyun swore.

“We need to find her!” I cried, trying to hold myself together but my hands were starting to tremble.

“But where is she?” Yixing asked, knitting his eyebrows.

“I heard Hana mentioned a graffiti of a Cattleya flower...” Sehun interjected, suddenly appearing beside them. He was munching on a brownie.

“That’s what Min Jee said...” I said, turning my attention to him.

“That’s in the ladies’ bathroom.” Sehun said casually. “At the PA department.”

The boys looked at him with bewildered expression on their faces as if Sehun popped out a new head or something. “How did you—” Yixing started but I cut him off.

“Are you sure?” I asked him, a new hope growing in the pit of my stomach.

Sehun nodded his head confidently. “I’m positive.” he said, “I can come with you if you like.”

“No you stay here.” Baekhyun interrupted. “The four of us will go, while you Sehun stay here and monitor the party.”

“But—” Sehun began.

“Just do what he said.” Yixing said, his tone final. And since his friends are older than him, Sehun went back to the living room with a grouchy face.

“Let’s go use my car.” Jongin said.

Baekhyun and Yixing nodded and went off to the front yard. Before Jongin could follow them, I grab him by his arm. “You’re coming, too?” I asked him. I don't really understand why I care suddenly. Maybe I was thinking of Eun Hee, surely she will look for him and once she found out that we're together, she’ll certainly flip out.

“Of course.” Jongin said as if it’s the most natural thing to do. “Besides, we’ll be using my car.” he smiled at me. He gently pulled away from my grasp and grab my hand instead. Jongin pulled me out of the house and onto his car.

------

 

Yixing drove Jongin’s car with Baekhyun sitting in the passenger seat. He was tryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter