Chapter 14

Never Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin wasn’t at school on Friday. According to Baekhyun and his friend, Jongin was in his agency for an important meeting, perhaps about his nearing debut. I’ve been noticing that Jongin had been spending a lot of time in their dance studio. Sometimes, after our study buddy thing, he would go and practice a little before going home. He seemed pretty quiet at times as well, as though his mind would wander off. He would only react when Baekhyun and others caught him being detached and then he would just wave his hand dismissively at them and then laugh with his awkward laugh.

“Do you like those?” Min Jee asked me when I grab a box of the snack Jongin likes a lot on the convenience store, Friday after school.

I wasn’t even aware she was looking. “Uh…yeah.” I said sheepishly, putting the box inside my plastic basket hanging on my arms. “They’re really good.”

Min Jee merely nodded her head and glanced over the stall of ramen noodles. I was thinking of giving this snack to Jongin before his makeup test on Monday. But I have no idea how on earth I’m going to do that since he wasn’t at school today. I pushed the thoughts aside and before I start thinking again I put the box of snacks on the counter, I glanced behind to check if Min Jee was looking but she was busy admiring the new junk food on a stall so I hurriedly paid the snack.

A couple of minutes later, Min Jee and I meet up with Baekhyun, Sehun, Yixing and Kyungsoo in a pizza café a few blocks away from school. They invited us to their mini celebration after their group won in some sort of popularity contest in the their department. The pizza café just opened a couple of days ago and it looks really warm and pleasant inside plus the pizzas look really yummy! This café is definitely going to be one of my favorite spots from now on. It was a little packed when we arrived, mostly students, which was typical since it’s Friday afternoon, but we were able to find good seats.

Our order just arrived when I suddenly had an idea to just ask Kyungsoo if he knew the address of Jongin’s agency. I was thinking maybe I should just give it to him after his training or something. The snack was inside my back pack and before I start having an internal debate, I tapped Kyungsoo lightly on his shoulder, since he’s sitting beside me.

Kyungsoo turned to me and raised his eyebrows in question.

“I just wanted to ask you something…” I began.

And then the doors of the café swung open. “Jongin!” Baekhyun cried, waving his hand elatedly. “Over here!”

I whipped my head and there he was, Jongin himself walking towards our table. He sat on the seat across from me, he looked like himself. He’s wearing a jacket over his shirt, his hair was perfectly messy as always. He gave me a little nod which I returned with a small smile. He turned to Sehun’s plate and snatched his pizza. Sehun looked appalled, he tried to get it back but Jongin had already bit off a huge chunk from it so Sehun gave up.

“Hana,” Kyungsoo said, nudging me a little. “What did you want to ask?”

“Oh, uh, nothing.” I said, laughing awkwardly. “It was…nothing. Nothing important.” I grabbed my pizza and started eating it with Kyungsoo shaking his head and smiling a little.

Turns out Baekhyun sent Jongin a text that we're hanging out at the cafe so Jongin dropped by after his training at the agency. A couple of minutes later, we find ourselves laughing out loud, mostly because Baekhyun is such a natural jester. Sehun would also make jokes along with Yixing. Their jokes were so funny it was impossible not make anyone laugh. And as if it’s not enough, Baekhyun took out a rubber glove from his pocket, put it over his head and started dancing like a mad chicken. We burst out laughing again, including Jongin who was a bit quiet at first, grabbed his stomach from laughing too much. Some of the customers started giving us weird and funny looks.

An hour later, we left the café and headed towards the bus stop. Min Jee and I were taking the bus and the boys decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter