Kyungsoo/Kai

Request Dump

 

The fatigue is clear on Jongin's face in the form of the dark shadows that fall under his eyes. Kyungsoo watches with worry as the younger shuffles across the floor and flops down on his bed face first, remaining unmoving for long enough to make Kyungsoo even more concerned than he already was, mainly about the other's ability to breathe. The older male closes the book he had been reading and sets it aside in favor of crossing the small space between their beds and sitting down on the edge of Jongin's. "How long has it been?" he asks.

Jongin gasps for air when he turns his head in order to look up at Kyungsoo through the corner of his eye. "How long has it been since what?" Even his voice sounds exhausted.

"Since you slept." He reaches out to brush the younger's messy hair out of his eyes - he really needs a haircut, his bangs are getting too long - but Jongin bats his hand away with an annoyed grunt.

"I've been sleeping."

"Properly, I mean. Lying on your bed with your eyes closed does not count." Jongin doesn't answer, just chews on his lip, staring into empty space. Kyungsoo lets out a sigh. "Is there a reason why you can't fall asleep?" All he gets in response this time is a shrug. That's the problem with Jongin. He's hard to talk to because he's bad at communicating with words, but Kyungsoo still knows that the other hasn't been sleeping well for days. For the past few nights he has been able to hear him tossing and turning. Kyungsoo sighs again. Then he nods decisively and pats the younger's backside. "Come to bed with me."

Jongin's eyes immediately flicker to his face, wide and startled. "Wh-what?"

Kyungsoo flashes a disarming smile, gesturing towards his own bed. Gulping once, Jongin allows himself to be pulled across the room and he climbs onto the older male's mattress, reclining against the pillows, and chews on his lip nervously as he watches Kyungsoo move around the room. "If you're going to stay awake all night, I might as well keep you company," he states.

"It would be better if you slept," Jongin objects meekly, but the older is stubborn and simply shakes his head, reasoning that they have the day off tomorrow anyway, and finally Jongin gives in.

They end up with Kyungsoo's laptop perched on both of their thighs - half in Kyungsoo's lap, half in Jongin's - with a movie of some sort playing on the small screen. Jongin sits completely rigid, air leaving and entering him in shallow puffs as though he's afraid to breathe normally in Kyungsoo's vicinity. The older male doesn't let it bother him. He just focuses on the movie.

He's distracted by the sound of Jongin yawning. "Tired?" he asks, casting a glance at the younger male out of the corner of his eye. The latter nods, eyes droopy. He rubs them with a fist and Kyungsoo can't help but smile a little. Unlike his stage persona, Kai, off stage Jongin is nothing but cute. "You can rest your head on my shoulder if you want to." For a moment Jongin tenses up at the suggestion. Then slowly, very slowly, he slides down until he's in a more relaxed position. Kyungsoo can tell that the younger is trembling as he leans his head on his shoulder as he was told to. Kyungsoo keeps quiet about it and merely rests his own head on top of the other's, cheek pressed against his hair, and they both go quiet again.

"This is nice," Jongin mumbles. "Being like this... it's nice. I like it." They've known each other for years so Kyungsoo knows that this is what Jongin sounds like when he's half asleep, speech slurred and brain-to-mouth filter off. He sees this as a good thing. "It's your fault, you know," Jongin continues out of nowhere. "It's your fault I can't sleep these days."

Kyungsoo's heartbeat races and he doesn't even know why. "How is it my fault?"

When Jongin doesn't answer Kyungsoo thinks he has finally fallen asleep and his even breathing confirms that. Carefully closing the lid of his laptop he sets it aside and he slides down until they're both lying down, Jongin's head still resting on his shoulder. The younger's breath fanning over his neck makes Kyungsoo shudder. He's pretty sure that it's not because he doesn't like it, though.

Even in sleep Jongin's face is restless, but only until Kyungsoo reaches out to run his fingers gently through his hair. Then his features smooth out. Kyungsoo decides that he likes it much better when Jongin's hair is like this, all soft and freshly washed rather than filled with all types of various product that makes his hair sticky and greasy and stiff.

An arm comes to wrap around Kyungsoo's waist seemingly of its own accord and Kyungsoo doesn't stop Jongin, not even when the younger male is nuzzling against his neck, not even when this starts to feel less and less like friendly cuddling and more like something else, something more, something he's been wanting for months, but has been afraid to even think about because that would ruin a lot of things. He gulps.

The only reason why he's not pulling away right now, why he's not waking Jongin up to tell him to go back to his own bed, is because the younger really needs the rest, so he just lets him sleep. Still he feels like his heart is going to burst when Jongin sighs in his sleep and mumbles almost incomprehensibly: "I can't stop thinking about you, Kyungsoo-hyung."

 

~*~

 

A/N: for soshicharm who requested kaisoo being forced to share a bed.
a while ago I asked my followers on tumblr to pick a number from a list and a pairing and I'd write what I'd do if I were to write a fic based on that. someone (I know it's one of my readers, but I'm not sure who... you revealed yourself in my comments, though :D) picked "kaisoo" and "number 9 - forced to share a bed". this was the idea I thought up back then and I figured that I might as well use it now that I had it, so... here's this. this is one of the few ones I'm actually kind of happy with. I have a thing for "motherly concern"-kyungsoo and "tsundere brat"-kai. I hope you're happy with it too~