Minhyuk/Jonghun

Request Dump

 

The crash of a cymbal and the fading sound of the guitar's last note is immediately replaced by clapping and cheering. Twirling one of his drumsticks around his fingers, Minhyuk beams at Jungshin and he receives a bright grin in return. "Thank you for listening, we are CN Blue," lead guitarist Jonghyun yells into his mic, eliciting more cheers. Another gig done and, judging by the crowd's more than enthusiastic reaction, well done too. The group always manages to gather a decent-sized audience, but this is bigger than they're used to. Luckily it went well.

"Good job, guys," lead singer slash guitarist Yonghwa compliments with a smile. He pulls the strap of his treasured Les Paul over his head to carefully place the instrument in the stand next to him, pulling the plug from both the guitar and the amp before he begins to roll the cord around his arm. "You guys wanna stick around to see the next performance?"

"Can't," Jonghyun sighs, stretching his arms over his head. "I have early classes tomorrow."

"Yeah, it's a pass for me too," Jungshin mutters.

"I'm not even going to ask Minhyukkie," Yonghwa says while shooting a single glance at the drummer, who squawks indignantly in protest. Yonghwa merely rolls his eyes. "Don't start. You're like their biggest fangirl, there's no way you'd miss one of their shows."

"I'm not a girl," the younger mumbles, crossing his arms over his chest with a small pout. The rest of the accusation is pretty much true, though, as depressing as it sounds.

They quickly finish packing up their equipment to make room for the next group to set up and they allow the venue's hired roadies to lug the instrument cases out to the van. The adrenaline still pumps through Minhyuk's body as they make their way off stage, shoving each other playfully. He stops abruptly, smile frozen in place, when he locks eyes with someone he knows a little too well.

One would think that as a drummer Minhyuk would focus his attention mostly on other drummers, but the person he admires the most is no drummer at all. Choi Jonghun, FT Island's lead guitarist and most likely Minhyuk's biggest idol, is standing about twenty feet away from him with a glisten in his eyes and a smirk curving at his lips and he's looking right at him. Unfortunately this causes Minhyuk to forget how to function for several seconds, which in turn causes him to almost, almost believe that whatever hand gesture Jonghun is currently doing means that he is inviting him to approach him. Of course that can't be it. Right? "What are you doing?"

Minhyuk jolts and snaps his head around to look at Jonghyun. "N-nothing."

"You do know that's Choi Jonghun, right?" He inclines his head in the other male's direction.

"Of course I know," Minhyuk hisses a bit too loudly. "You don't think I would know?"

"Well, you should go over to him." Jonghyun tries to push the younger forwards, but Minhyuk balks. The former lets out a heavy sigh. "Look, he clearly wants you to join him, so you should go over to him. This might be your only chance to- Oh wait, never mind, he's coming over here now."

"What?" Jonghyun leaves with a grin and a whispered 'good luck' and when Minhyuk turns to look at where Jonghun was standing before, he sees that the guitarist is indeed making his way towards him. He swallows around the lump that suddenly sits thick and constricting in his throat, but he doesn't move, mostly because he can't. He physically can't.

"Hi," Choi Jonghun says with a pleasant smile.

"Choi Jonghun," Minhyuk says and stops breathing for a moment when this elicits a chuckle.

"That's me. What's your name?" It takes a few seconds too long for Minhyuk to react and stutter out his own name and he feels like an idiot, but Jonghun just smiles. "You're kind of cute, you know," he says and Minhyuk wants to claw his burning face off out of pure happiness. But then he's seized by the wrist and Jonghun is pulling him towards the bar and he just follows helplessly. "You are old enough to drink, right?"

Minhyuk sniffs. "Of course I am," he says confidently (and feeling a little offended, to be honest). He has barely finished his sentence before a beer bottle is shoved into his hand. He takes a tentative sip and scrunches his face up a little at the taste, he never liked beer much, but here he is drinking with Choi Jonghun and when will he ever get a chance like this again? Minhyuk takes another sip. "Where's the rest of your band?"

"They haven't arrived yet. We're not scheduled for another twenty minutes or so and Hongki likes to be 'fashionably late'. He thinks he's a rock star or something." He rolls his eyes. Minhyuk looks at him with slight confusion because if the rest of the band isn't going to show up until later, why is he there already? "I came to see you guys play," Jonghun explains as if he has read Minhyuk's mind. "A little birdie told me you were kind of good so I came to see for myself."

"And?" Minhyuk questions.

Jonghun takes a swig of his beer and lets it slosh between his teeth for some moments as if to build tension before responding. "You guys were decent, I guess," he says airily, though the twitch in the corner of his mouth gives him away. He liked it. Choi Jonghun liked their performance. "Although..." The guitarist gives the other a onceover, doing nothing to hide it. "If they had told me the drummer was so cute I might have been more eager to go."

Minhyuk feels his entire body flush and nearly chokes on the large mouthful of beverage he slings down his throat. "You... you really think I'm...?" Jonghun shoots him a lingering look. Minhyuk grins anxiously and suddenly finds the floor extremely interesting, even when the other opens his mouth to say something else.

"Hey Jonghun-hyung!" someone cuts him off and they both look towards the stage only to notice that the rest of Jonghun's band, sans lead singer Lee Hongki, has already arrived. Bass player Jaejin is the one calling out, donning a teasing grin. "Quit flirting with the cute kid and come help us set up."

With a roll of his eyes, Jonghun downs the rest of his beer. Then he turns to look at a fidgeting Minhyuk. "You should stick around," he drawls. "I'd like to talk to you some more, so stay." He leaves before he can even get a response, probably his way of saying that it wasn't really a suggestion. Minhyuk thinks to himself as he watches Jonghun lift himself up onto the stage that he wouldn't dream of going anywhere.

 

~*~

IceCreamLover on 11-9-2012 02:45:48 says: I want to request a drabble with Hanbyul from LEDApple, and CNBlue's Minhyuk. I don't even know why. I just ship them.
Prompt: LEDApple's performing at a local cafe, and CNBlue comes in to perform after them. While LEDApple's getting off, Minhyuk takes Hanbyul and they start talking.
Genre: Comedy maybe? ? I don't really care. xD Anything that you're gonna write will make me happy. ^^

goopeculiar [A] on 11-9-2012 02:48:28 says: omg, I know absolutely nothing about hanbyul. I'm probably even going to have to google him to figure out which one he is. OTL I don't know if this will work out, tbqh.

IceCreamLover on 11-9-2012 02:53:16 says: xD If it's too hard, you can write about Jonghun instead. I won't mind. Don't push yourself. D:

A/N: again, sorry I wasn't able to write your original idea, but here's this, at least. :b it's kind of based a little bit on ft island's appearance on "flower boy's generation" (this... even though they were with shinee then). oh, and I'm also sorry if I messed up the personalities or something, I don't know cn blue that well either. OTL I just hope you like it as much as I do.