Youngjae/Daehyun

Request Dump

 

The shriek Youngjae lets out can be heard in the entire dorm and probably more than that. It's around eight am on their day off and Youngjae had been woken by a thirst so overwhelming it forced him to roll out of bed to quench it, which was how he ended up here, shrieking.

Eyes wide in terror, the vocalist throws a glance around the pit of destruction that once used to be their kitchen, but now bears closer resemblance to an exploded junkyard. There are eggshells and empty food containers spread out on the kitchen counter and on the floor and there are dubious splotches of gunk staining the walls. "What the hell happened here?" he exclaims.

A sleepy Daehyun comes stumbling into the room seconds later, rubbing at his swollen eyes. "I heard screaming, what's going on?" he mumbles in a voice that is thick with sleep but still panicky. He blinks his eyes until the room and a horrified Youngjae come into focus and he spends a few moments taking in the state of the place before gulping audibly.

Slowly Youngjae turns to face the other male, but he abruptly snaps his mouth shut. The expression on Daehyun's face tells him everything he needs to know. When the older tries to inconspicuously slink out of the room, Youngjae is quick to extend a hand and grab him by the back of his shirt in order to make him stay. "What did you do?" he hisses, making Daehyun cower.

"Uh... Jongup w-"

Youngjae cuts him off before he can continue: "Don't you even try blaming this on him, Jung Daehyun, I know this is all your doing." He lets go of the other male and settles for crossing his arms over his chest instead, glowering at Daehyun, who lets out a sheepish chuckle, scratching the back of his neck, but doesn't say anything. Youngjae a brow. "Well?" he drawls.

"I wanted to make a cake," Daehyun finally admits.

"And what happened to that cake?" In response the older gestures towards the suspicious-looking stains on the walls and cupboards and floor. His cheeks are flushing and he's clearly embarrassed. That doesn't make Youngjae's heart soften, though. Well, maybe a little. But that's only because Daehyun kind of looks a little bit like a kicked puppy. Damnit. "What made you think it was a good idea to bake in the middle of the night, screw up and then leave the kitchen like this? Actually, why the hell were you even making a cake in the first place?"

"I... it's, uh... no, never mind." He's worrying his lip and staring at the floor and his eyes are a little wet and now he really looks like a kicked puppy and, oh, ing damnit.

With a sigh Youngjae drops his arms and at the same time his hostile demeanor because it's just too early to be mad. "Look, I'm not angry or anything, I just really want to know."

"You sure as hell sound angry to me."

"Well, I'm not. So can you just tell me, Daehyun? Please?" The other raises his gaze to glance at Youngjae for a moment. Then he quickly looks away. He mumbles something under his breath that Youngjae doesn't quite catch, which causes him to frown. "What did you say?"

"It was supposed to be for our anniversary," Daehyun mumbles again, slower and more clearly this time. "We've been together for eight months, you and me, and I... I wanted to make something special out of it." Youngjae is at a loss for words, staring at the other male with his jaw slack. He opens and closes his mouth a few times as he tries to figure out how to properly respond, but the words won't form and he ends up just standing there, probably looking pretty dumb. Daehyun makes a face. "Nice pufferfish impression, maybe we can write that on your list of variety skills."

"Shut up." Youngjae backs him up against the wall and kisses him until he's quiet and out of breath.

While Daehyun's still in a daze, Youngjae grabs him by the wrist and starts pulling him along. "Wait, where are we going?" he asks as he stumbles after the other.

"Shower."

"But... the kitchen..."

"Doesn't matter," comes the snappy response. "Jongup can take care of it."

 

~*~

hachannie  on 11-9-2012 02:00:15 says: 

daejae, nothing really specific but maybe comedy crack? XD


A/N: oh man, I at comedy/crack. OTL sorry?