Yongguk/Jongup

Request Dump

 

It's past six in the evening and the darkness has already shrouded the streets when Yongguk steps foot outside the school building with his backpack slung over his shoulder. He pauses at the top of the marble stairs to take in his surroundings with eyes blinking against the changed atmosphere. Everything is white. Shuddering slightly he realizes that during the hours he was buried in piles of books in the library, a blanket has fallen to cover the world in silence.

The snow lies several inches high on benches and lawns and the branches of trees and small flakes glitter in the light from the street lamps as they drizzle from the sky to melt on Yongguk's hair and in his lashes. The previous night's weather forecast had mentioned snow so Yongguk was kind of prepared for it. He just didn't expect it to be to this extend.

In the middle of the large open area in front of the school there is one moving figure, warm winter clothes dark against the white backdrop. Yongguk can't help but smile to himself as he watches the boy make a large ball of snow to stack on top of the two giant balls he has already formed prior to that. The top one has shriveling branches sticking out from the sides, one shorter than the other, creating makeshift arms. "What are you doing?" Yongguk calls out as he descends the stairs.

The boy's head snaps around. When he recognizes the older male a grin immediately spreads on his face and the ball of snow is forgotten completely in favor of him bolting across the open space and into Yongguk's open arms. The impact sends Yongguk tumbling. He lands on his back with a grunt - fortunately the snow makes the fall a bit easier on him - and Jongup sprawled out on top of him, giggling into his coat. "Oops, sorry," he says, but he doesn't sound as sorry as he could be.

With a growl Yongguk flips them over and pins the younger to the ground with a firm grip on his wrists, playfully biting at his frost-reddened cheeks until Jongup is squirming and shrieking under him. He doesn't stop until they're both panting. Nuzzling his face against Jongup's neck he asks: "Aren't you too old to be building a snowman?"

All he gets in return is a scoff. "One is never too old to build a snowman, hyung," Jongup answers matter-of-factly. "And you're kind of crushing me right now, can you get off?" Yongguk gets back on his feet and reaches out a hand to help the other up as well. Jongup brushes the snow off the seat of his pants. Then he turns to the discarded snowball. "Help me get the head on?"

The snowman Jongup has put together is almost as tall as Yongguk, the older realizes as they lift up the 'head' together and roll it onto the 'body', and he can't help but wonder how long it has taken the younger to make it. Jongup lets out a triumphant sound when they manage to make the head stay in place. He takes a step backwards to look over his work, arms akimbo. Yongguk just looks at Jongup instead. "How long did you wait out here for me?"

"Huh? Oh. A while. It's not really important. Let's just go home now." Without allowing any further questions he grabs the older male by the hand and begins to pull him away from the school and towards the bus stop instead. Yongguk can only follow.

When they get there the wait is ten minutes and probably a little extra because of the snow so they decide to take a seat. Once more Jongup grabs Yongguk's hand - by now this action is more natural instinct and routine than anything else - and he tries to warm the older male's fingers between his mitten-clad palms. Yongguk mentally curses. He should've really brought gloves. "Are you cold?" he asks. The younger shakes his head fervently. Yongguk can feel him trembling even though he's wearing a thick, fluffy jacket, though, so he reaches into his backpack to pull out a scarf. He wraps it around Jongup to make sure that he's warm, that is top priority.

Now enveloped in the cozy knitwear the younger male beams at him, but then schools his features into a frown. "But you'll get cold now, hyung," he objects and he begins to unwind the scarf.

Yongguk holds up his hands in protest. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine. You're more important."

But the younger merely scoots closer on the bench and arranges the scarf until it's wrapped around both of them before resting his head on Yongguk's shoulder. "No, it's okay, hyung," he says, smile as bright as ever. He's holding Yongguk's hand again as he attempts to rub life and warmth back into his fingers. "We can share it. I don't mind." Yongguk definitely doesn't mind either, he thinks to himself, as he leans in to plant a quick peck on Jongup's red nose tip and scoots a little closer.

 

~*~

 

A/N: for LovelyLight who requested bangup fluff.
I have a soft spot for winter fics and I have a soft spot for bangup so here, have some teeth-rottingly cute, winter-cuddly bangup. \o/

 

this is the last update in this batch of requests, btw. I'm not quite sure when I'm going to start posting the third batch, but it'll be at least a week (I still haven't finished writing all of them orz). I hope you'll all wait patiently until then. ^^v