Chapter 6

Red Riding Hood Society

 

"I can't tell you everything.  I can already sense someone coming, more specifically Kyungsoo."  Kai looked upset.  "There's a werewolf currently living in your grandmother's house right now.  If you go there and tell him your name, he'll explain everything."
 
 
The door opened and Kyungsoo saw how Kai was cupping Baekhyun's face.  "Yah! What do you think you're doing to Baekhyun?!"  He pushed the two apart.  "And you!" He turned his attention to Baekhyun.  "How  could you let this werewolf seduce you?!"
 
 
"I wasn't seducing him!"  Kai defended himself.
 
 
"He wasn't seducing me."  Baekhyun said in a calmly manner before turning to take his leave.
 
 
Kyungsoo glared at Kai and took the tray from his bed.
 
 
"Hey, I haven't fiinished eating yet."  Kai tried to reach out for the tray but the chains stopped him.
 
 
"You could have finished eating if you weren't busy seducing Baekhyun."  Kyungsoo made sure to stay out of Kai's reach.  "What did you and Baekhyun talk about?"
 
 
"We didn't really get to talk much besides the usual introduction.  He looked familiar to me so I inspected his face.  That's just about it."  Kai shrugged and went back to sit on his bed.  He may have taken a liking towards Kyungsoo, but he can't bring himself to tell anybody the truth yet except maybe the leader and Baekhyun.  He had lost his chances earlier due to bad timing.  He's counting for the leader to visit him again, and for Baekhyun to meet up with the other werewolf.
 
 
"You're not telling me everything."  Kyungsoo could sense it somehow.  "I could torture you with wolfsbane."
 
 
"Your leader won't like that.  I'm sorry, Kyungsoo.  It's just that you hate werewolves a lot, so I really can't bring myself to tell you everything."  Kai said, finally admitting that he was in fact hiding something from Kyungsoo.  "I will tell everything to your leader though and it will be up to him if he wants to share the information to you and the others."
 
 
Kyungsoo frowned slightly.  He didn't like not knowing things and he didn't like how the werewolf seems to know a lot.  He placed the tray back on Kai's bed.  "Finish eating quickly."
 
 
"Thank you."  Kai said before resuming to his lunch.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
"Now that I'm an official member of the Red Riding Hood Society, can I visit my grandmother's place?"
 
 
Suho was surprised at Baekhyun's sudden request.  Not once did Baekhyun ever made any indication throughout the years of not being able to talk about wanting to go to his grandmother's house.  He figured that event would be too traumatizing to Baekhyun that he probably never wanted to go back or even visit his grandmother's grave at all.  "Are you even going to be alright all by yourself?"
 
 
"Yes.  I'm equip with knowledge and skills about werewolves.  I don't think there aren't a lot of werewolves over at her place anyway.  It was probably just that..."  Baekhyun choked a bit and his eyes started to become teary as he remember the incident,  "...one time when we were attacked.  Besides, my grandmother must be feeling lonely that her only relative hasn't visited her grave at all.  I couldn't even attend to her funeral at that time."
 
 
"Why don't you take Luhan and Sehun with you?  I know you want to be alone at your grandmother's place, but it's pretty far away from our hideout.  I want to you to be at least with Luhan and Sehun up to the city area.  Then you can go over to your grandmother's place which is quite a bit outside the city area by yourself.  Just in case you change your mind and want somebody to be with you, at least Luhan and Sehun can go over to you immediately since they would be somewhat closer. How does that sound?"
 
 
Baekhyun nodded and agreed with his father's suggestion.  "That sounds fine.  Can we leave by tonight?"
 
 
"Why are you in a hurry?"
 
 
"I just want to get things over with."  Baekhyun shrugged, trying to sound nonchalant.
 
 
"Okay.  I'll go tell Luhan and Sehun to start packing and meet you at the entrance.  I bet they'll be happy as it would seem like a vacation on their part."  Suho chuckled as he gave his son a quick hug before walking over to Sehun and Luhan.
 
 
Hey, Kai.  Can you hear me?
 
 
Kai paused from eating when he heard Baekhyun's faint voice in his mind.  Then he saw how Kyungsoo was looking at him weirdly, so he resumed eating.  Yeah,  I can.
 
 
I'll be leaving the hideout tonight.  I'll probably reach at my grandmother's place tomorrow late afternoon or evening.  By the way, you can explain things to me through telepathy.  Why do I have to talk to another werewolf?
 
 
I just want you out of this place by the time the leader knows the truth.  Suho seems like  nice guy, but things might change when he knows the truth.  It's still better to be sure by staying away from the society for a while.  Besides, the other werewolf would be able to help you in ways that I can't especially since I'm just a prisoner here.  Also, the telepathy doesn't work if we're too far from each other.  I can even barely hear you right now.
 
 
Baekhyun could feel a sudden increase of nervousness and anxiety about his real identity.  To be honest, he really couldn't remember much of his childhood except for a few good memories with his grandmother like helping her in baking cakes, listening to bedtime stories, gardening together, or tutoring.  He couldn't even remember how he survived from the wolf attack.  He just remembered a wolf attacking his grandmother and how Suho hugged him when they met for the first time.
 
 
Baekhyun met up with Suho one more time to inform him that he, Sehun, and Luhan are leaving.
 
 
"It's so strange to see my son leaving since it's usually the other way around."  Suho hugged Baekhyun and ruffled his hair affectionately.  "Stay safe and healthy until you come back, okay?"
 
 
"Yes, dad."  Baekhyun hugged his father tightly because he knew a lot of things will change by the time he gets back if he will still be welcomed to come back at that time.
 
 
"It'll be our first time going to the city.  This will be so fun!!!" Luhan exclaimed.
 
 
"I want to try out something called bubble tea!!!"  Sehun said with excitement.
 
 
Baekhyun wished he could be as enthusiastic and excited as his friends were, but he had a different purpose which is to find out the truth about himself and maybe regain some of his missing memories.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~* To be continued
 
A/N:  After a whole week or so, I finally updated with a longer chap too~YEY~! Luhan and Sehun finally had something to say too!!! Hahahaha!!! I'm sure you guys are dying about Baekhyun's identity but that shall be revealed real soon in the next chap.  Remember the blue-eyed werewolf from the first chapter? He'll also appear in the next chap too ^^