Chapter 4

Red Riding Hood Society

 

The werewolf in human form was completely healed as expected since they have faster healing process than humans.  He woke up with his wrists and ankles being tied on the bed.  If he was in a completely different situation, he would have found it , but right now, he is aware that he was within enemy territory.  Well, he doesn't really think of the Red Riding Hood Society as his enemy but they think of him as one.  The chains had wolfsbane properties so he couldn't use his strength to break free.
 
 
The door opened, and he recognized the person who came inside with a breakfast tray.  "I hate the fact that I'm serving breakfast to a werewolf."  Kyungsoo grumbled under his breath, but the werewolf's ears were sensitive enough to hear every word the human said clearly.
 
 
The werewolf sat up since his chains were long enough for him to be able to do so.  "Good morning!"
 
 
"How the heck can you greet your enemy so merrily?"  Kyungsoo placed the breakfast tray down in front of the werewolf.
 
 
"I don't really think of you guys as my enemy.  Thanks for the breakfast!"  Would it be alright to say that the werewolf wolfed down his breakfast?
 
 
Kyungsoo could only watch and blink at how fast and messy the werewolf was eating his breakfast.  When the werewolf finished eating, a rice grain was on the side of his lips.  WIthout thinking, Kyungsoo picked it up with his fingers.  He was surprised when his fingers were suddenly inside the werewolf's mouth.  He could feel the werewolf's tongue moving between his fingers to get the rice grain before releasing his fingers.
 
 
"You thought I would bite off your fingers, didn't you?"  He wore a wolfish grin on his face.  "But like I said, i don't think of you guys as my enemy so I won't do that to you."
 
 
Kyungsoo wiped the saliva off his fingers by rubbing it on the bedsheet.  "You're disgusting."  He picked up the empty breakfast tray and was about to leave the room when...
 
 
"My name is Kai!!!"
 
 
Kyungsoo had the feeling that if Kai was in wolf form right now, he would probably be wiggling his tail happily.  
 
 
"What's your name?"
 
 
Kyungsoo turned around and faced the werewolf.  "Listen.  I don't care which wolf pack you belong to.  I just hate werewolves generally so don't try to get friendly with me.  It simply annoys me and if you annoy me too much, I might just kill you.  I don't care if I'm going to be punished by the leader for killing you.  Do you understand?!"
 
 
" If you wish to take my life, you have every right to do so.  After all, you did save my life when I was supposed to die though you were forced by your leader to do so."   Kai said solmenly before looking out the window.  He could see a lot of red materials decorated on the cabins and trees outside.  "Is there any occassion going on?"
 
 
"Some of the trainees are going to take their Red Riding Hood pledge and officially become members of the society."  Kyungsoo explained as the annoyance he felt for the werewolf had decreased significantly after hearing what the werewolf just said.  "And my name is Kyungsoo."  He didn't want to listen to whatever the werwolf might say, so he quickly left the room.
 
 
Kyungsoo wasn't able to see how Kai's expression brightened up again, but maybe it was better that he didn't because he might have felt annoyed again.
 
 
When the door of Kai's isolation room opened up again, he expected Kyungsoo to come in and felt slightly disappointed to see that his visitor was actually Suho.
 
 
"I want to listen to your story."  Suho sat on a chair beside Kai's bed.  "You said you're a spy from a different wolf pack.  Are there fights going on between different wolf packs right now?"
 
 
Kai nodded.  "You're pretty much right.  You know that all of us werewolves are under the royal Lycan family right? Fifty years ago, the Lycan family was murdered.  There was only one survivor left who immediately became the next King.  He said that the person who killed the Lycan family was a huntsman.  The huntsman was said to be powerful because he was married to a witch known as Red Riding Hood."
 
 
"But that's not true."  Suho frowned and disagreed.
 
 
"I know your version of the story.  It's about Red Riding Hood visiting her grandmother's house only to find out the wolf has eaten her grandma and the huntsman coming to save her."  Kai quickly said.  "But the thing is... both of our stories are not the truth."
 
 
"You mean to say Red Riding Hood and your Lycan King lied?  Why would they lie and give their own version of fake story?"
 
 
"I'm pretty sure our King lied."  The hatred for the royalty can clearly be heard in Kai's voice even though the King was of his own kind.  "At first, he just wanted to be the leader among the werewolves by being the only Lycan left.  Then, he wanted to take over humans.  I have no idea about your Red Riding Hood.  I just know that the story you know right now is a lie."
 
 
"Then what is the truth?"
 
 
A knock on the door interrupted their conversation.
 
 
"Sir, the Red Riding Hood pledge is about to start."  The voice from outside the door said.
 
 
"We'll continue our conversation at another time."  Suho stood up from the chair.  "You can watch the ceremony outside your window."  He said before leaving Kai's room.
 
 
Kai looked out the window and watched a bunch of trainees looking busy and excited.  He knew that those trainees are going to become official members after they recite the Red Riding Hood pledge.  His gaze landed on one certain trainee.  He didn't know what it was, but there was something about the trainee which seems familiar.
 
 
Baekhyun suddenly felt goosebumps at the back of his neck and on his arms.  This usually meant that something or someone was looking at him.  He had gotten used to this instinct which was indeed very helpful to his training.  He turned his head side to side and saw everybody around him seems to be busy.  Then he looked up and caught the werewolf's gaze.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*To be continued...
 
 
A/N:  Each chapter seems to get longer than the last one.  This one actually reached more than 1000 words XD I was going to write out "The Truth"  but I was afraid that I would bore you from all the storytelling happening in this chapter @_@  Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter~ Comments please? ^^