Chapter 3

Red Riding Hood Society

 

"I think there might be a spy among us.  How else could the werewolves find out one of our hideouts?" 
 
 
When everything settled down and everybody had some rest from the attack, Suho called for a meeting with the members who are either in a good health condition or only had a few minor injuries.  At the mention of the word spy, Baekhyun's gaze landed on Kris.
 
 
Baekhyun learned that he could hear werewolves in their wolf form.  He had a similar experience of it with Kris.  Though Kris was in human form when answering a call from his cellphone, Baekhyun could hear Kris talking even though Kris' mouth wasn't moving.  It was during the time when Baekyun was still adjusting to the society and being Suho's adoptive son.  Since he just recently had a traumatic experience with his grandma, he thought maybe he was just imagining things and tried not to think about it.
 
 
It never happened again. Who would have thought that one short moment would become a very important memory?  To be honest, Baekhyun didn't want to be suspicious of Kris because he was Suho's lover.  Though they never admitted to being in a relationship, it was no secret that they were lovers.  A few members had caught them kissing and there were times when they share a soundproofed room together.
 
 
Baekhyun didn't really listen to the rest of the meeting.  He just knew that he needed to talk with Kris after the meeting.  He was starting to get impatient so when the leader finally announced that the meeting was done, he exhaled in relief and made his way to Kris.  "Let's talk privately."  He whispered as he passed by to Kris.
 
 
Kris only started following when the other was several steps away from him.  When they finally ended up in one place, Baekhyun checked their surroundings again to make sure that no one was around.  When Baekhyun was satisfied with the place and their surroundings, he went straight to the point.  "You're the spy, right?" 
 
 
There was no change in Kris' facial expression and posture.  He just stared at Baekhyun in silence for a few seconds before he finally talked though it was not an answer to Baekhyun's question.  "I'm surprised to finally hear you talking after being mute for many years but the first words I hear from you doesn't really sound nice."
 
 
"You don't really love my father, do you? You're just purposely trying to get close to him to get more information.  Besides being close to my father, you aren't exactly close or at least friends with somebody else.  Are you going to kill him or are you going to try to kill me first now that I know your secret?"  Baekhyun's hand gripped on the Swiss knife in his pocket, readying himself just in case Kris would attack him.
 
 
"That's enough, son."  Suho showed up and placed a hand on Baekhyun's shoulders.  "I think you should leave this conversation to adults."
 
 
"B-but..."
 
 
"I'll take care of this, Baekhyun, go and help Kyungsoo with the injured members."  Suho smiled and watched his adopted son reluctantly nodding before walking away.  Suho lost his fatherly charm and became a serious leader once again as he faced Kris.  "Is there anything you want to confess?"
 
 
"I love you."  Kris blurted out.
 
 
"You know that's not exactly what I'm asking."  If they were in a different scenario, Suho would have been happy to hear those words from Kris, but right now, that's not exactly what he wanted to hear.  He needed to know something else.
 
 
"I'm a spy and a werewolf.  I also knew about surprise attack."  Kris admitted and saw the look of being betrayed in Suho's eyes.  Kris shifted his gaze from Suho's face to the ground because it hurts him to see Suho like this.
 
 
Suho only said one word.  "Leave."  It didn't mean just leaving in front of Suho's sight.  It meant leaving the Red Riding Hood Society.
 
 
Kris already expected this.  He knew that Suho wouldn't kill him, at least not right away and not today, but maybe next time when they meet again during a battle.  "May I know how you feel about me before I leave?"
 
 
Suho didn't want to say those words as he was afraid that he might change his mind and ask Kris to stay, so he just kissed his lover for the last time.  "Goodbye."  He whispered against Kris' lips.
 
 
Kris left the scene first.  When Suho walked away and turned to the corner, he found out that there was actually another person who got to witness everything.
 
 
"I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to eavesdrop.  I promise I won't tell anybody."  The person got surprised when the leader suddenly broke down in front of him, crying and kneeling on the ground, so he knelt down and offered a comforting embrace.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~* To be continued~
 
 
A/N:  The mysterious person this time is a Red Riding Hood Society member~ Who could it be this time?  I bet you're thinking that "This author sure loves to play guessing games with her readers."  Hahahaha!!!  Comment please?