Chapter 11

Red Riding Hood Society

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol have been having a conversation in their minds with Kris being in the same room.  Baekhyun successfully learned now how to speak telepathically to just one person.  Kris saw the Baekhyun dropping his jaw in shock.  "What did you just tell Baekhyun?" He decided to voice out his question.
 
 
"I just told him about half dogs and half werewolves, about how Kai is one, and about how some werewolves born as animals first before transforming into humans later," Chanyeol spoke.
 
 
"That's just crazy!!! I've never even read anything like that in books." Baekhyun still hasn't gotten over the shock.  "Is Kai able to communicate with his pure dog mother?"
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
"Maybe I was able to communicate with her before I transformed for the first time, but not after I became human.  A lot of people thought she was a good pet, but I know she was just trying her best to be a good mother to me.  It's just frustrating because even though I knew she's listening every time I talk to her, she can't talk back to me.  Xiumin comforted me by saying that at least I still have my mother because his mother died while giving birth to him." Despite the sad memory, Kyungsoo noticed the small smile on Kai's lips when he mentioned Xiumin.
 
 
"Who's Xiumin?" Kyungsoo noticed that a small part of him was feeling jealous, and he was scared of that feeling.  He just came into terms of accepting the fact that he couldn't really bring himself to hate Kai, but to be having feelings for a werewolf was something he doesn't want to accept.
 
 
"A teacher. A guardian.  A friend.  He helps confused werewolves like me.  Wolves who suddenly turned into humans.  He taught us how to live as humans.  I learned how to read, write, and speak because of him.  He taught us how to control our animal instincts and made us aware of our conscience, so we wouldn't kill people for petty reasons like hunger or because they made us angry.  Do you want to know what makes him really special, Kyungsoo?"
 
 
Kyungsoo didn't like how Kai thought this Xiumin guy was special.  "What?"  He forced the question out of his mouth.
 
 
"He's human.  He knew I killed people before we met and I even almost killed him but despite all that, he forgave me and placed a lot of effort on teaching me how to be human, so I'm very grateful to him.  He had a relationship with someone like me, but that guy disappeared one day.  Whenever Xiumin had free time, he would try to get to know more about werewolves and try to look for his past lover, but recently, I think he had stopped trying to look for his old love.  I think he had found a new love."
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
"We haven't found anything at all.  Everything has really been destroyed.  We really shouldn't have come here.  We just wasted our time, effort, and money."  The werewolf stomped on the floor which made the dust fly around his shoes. "Aren't you over him yet?"
 
 
"You mean Chen?" Xiumin spoke the name of his old lover. "I've stopped looking for him a long time ago.  I'm just doing this out of my own curiosity.  Maybe I could even find some answers which would somehow be of help to Kai and Chanyeol and their war.  I just can't stand still and continue to live a peaceful life knowing that some of the people I knew are currently in war.  If the bad werewolves happen to win the war..."
 
 
Tao placed a finger on Xiumin's lips.  "Okay, okay, I get it.  Call me selfish, but I can't really care about the others right now.  I just want to know if you're really over Chen."  He lowered his finger from Xiumin's lips.  The pad of his finger was slightly tingling from the sensation of being able to touch Xiumin's soft lips.  He wished that it was his own lips that has touched Xiumin's lips.
 
 
"And why do you want to know?"
 
 
Tao opened his mouth but closed it again when no words would come out.  He blushed and pouted instead.  His right wolf ear slightly twitched.
 
 
Xiumin couldn't help but smile at Tao's adorable reaction, so he decided to ask one more question.  "How can I not get over him when you're around?"
 
 
Tao looked confused as his brain wasn't able to comprehend the meaning of the question.  He only understood when Xiumin suddenly moved close and kissed him.  Though they weren't able to find anything in the ruined facility that would be related to werewolves and experiments, Tao was happy that he found out that Xiumin returned his feelings.  It looks like this trip wasn't a complete waste after all.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*to be continued~
 
A/N: I know it's been a month since I've updated and I know this is a short update T_T but I think it's a good way to end the chapter~  I haven't written much with all the problems and challenges in my life right now, but I'm glad I'm having some good results despite all the bad things that happened.  Hopefully, I'll be able to write more next month or later half of this month~
 
Comments please? Make me feel inspired again~