I want to, but I can't

A Spartace couple fanfic

After Ji Hyo reached home,she waved Jong Kook goodbye.The truth was that she didn't sleep in the car and was aware of Jong Kook beside her. She could feel the slight awkwardness between her and Jong Kook since he confessed to her . She sighed as she went inside the house. After taking a shower and before she went to sleep, she wondered whether she should text Jong Kook goodnight.she did, and  After a while, she received his reply.

"Good Night Ji Hyo. Have sweet dreams. Take care. See you till the next running man recording" 

After reading, Ji Hyo unconsciously smiled. Why she smiled after she read the message, she didn't know. The message he sent her was normal , like from an older brother to a sister, but after she saw Jong kook's name, curled up at the corners. She switched off her phone and went to sleep.

The next day , Ji Hyo was busy, she had to go shoot for her dramas and movies. The day passed quickly for her. Jong kook was busy too, he had to go to the recording studios to prepare for his new upcoming album. After their activities ended, Ji Hyo sat on her sofa and sighed.  At least tomorrow is my free day , she thought, and she picked up her handphone and browsed through it, answering messages that she weren't able to answer earlier. As she finished replying the last message sent today,she spotted the latest message sent yesterday. An idea went into her head and she dialed Jong kook's no. (which was on speed dial 3 after her mum and dad)

"hello Mong Ji"

"hello kookie" Ji Hyo replied with a giggle

"Have u eaten?" Jong kook asked

"Yes oppa" Ji Hyo replied , it was nice of Jong kook to be so caring 

"why did u call?" Jong kook asked , his tone curious

"Oh, um, are u free tmr?" she asked.

"Yes, why?" Jong kook asked

  "Do you want to meet up for lunch tomorrow?" she asked , nervously waiting for his answer.

"...Sure, Ji Hyo" Jong kook said after a moment of silence, which was caused by his surprise of Ji Hyo asking him out for lunch. 

"Okay oppa. Where?" she asked

"um... The Chinese restaurant we ate at last time ?" he asked

"Okay. 12.30? " She asked

"Okay. Bye Mong Ji Mong Ji , see u tmr! Have sweet dreams" Jong kook said.

Even though his tone sounded normal on the phone , he was actually very happy and pumping his fists in the air happily. "Bye oppa. Same to u" Ji Hyo said back sweetly. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo ended the call and both of them were smiling happily to themselves, and both nervous and filled with anticipation for tomorrow to come

---THE NEXT DAY---

 

Ji hyo and Jong kook both got ready and when it was nearing 12, they left their houses to go to the restaurant.Jong kook reached the restaurant earlier  and he stood outside the restaurant waiting for her.  ... ... "Oppa!" Jong Kook's head shot up  when he heard her voice.He saw Ji Hyo standing beside him. "Didnt you notice me walking over ?" Ji Hyo asked. Jong kook shook his head. He was deep in other thoughts." let's go in" he said and let Ji Hyo go on first. Ji Hyo entered , with Jong kook following her in with a broad smile on his face. After they ordered their food, they waited patiently for their food to arrive. After the waiter left,  Jong kook looked around to make sure no one was listening. He leaned at whispered. "Ji Hyo, have u decided?" he asked. Ji Hyo looked at him blankly and after processing what he had said, Ji Hyo sighed and said " oppa, but what about the show?" " what? Running man?" "yes" "that means you want to be my girlfriend?" Jong kook asked happily "Um... Oppa if u want to be with me, what about the show? Monday couple?"Ji Hyo asked  "Well..." Jong kook's voice trailed off. Ji Hyo sighed and leaned back into her seat, her face looked troubled. Jong kook looked at her worried . He didn't know Ji Hyo being his girlfriend would burden her with so much problems. 

oppa I realize I liked you, but how am I supposed to be your girlfriend now

The food arrived and while they ate the food, Jong Kook thought of how to make Ji hyo his girlfriend without having so much problems. Suddenly, he thought of an idea.

"Ji Hyo, how about you say you are in a relationship , but not with me?" Jong kook suggested 

" how is that supposed to help ?" Ji hyo asked

" well, we can see the reactions of the fans of the show. If their reaction is okay, then they would not be so shocked when we release our news and we can officially date"

"but who , oppa? Who would want to fake a relationship with me?! They would probably be scared of getting antis"

"think Ji hyo , think, who?" Jong kook said slowly


SONG JI HYO IN A REALTIONSHIP WITH THE CEO

Photos of Ji Hyo and her CEO visiting her parents

......

.......

........

Jong kook was picking up the morning newspaper when he saw the headlines for the celeb news. It wasn't much of a surprise, he and ji hyo had planned it with the CEO, and luckily he was kind enough to live with it.

now, we just have to wait for the reactions. If the reactions are okay, 

then Song Ji Hyo, you will officially be mine