Chapter 10

A Spartace couple fanfic

The two men were silent for a while. After a while, Gary decided to break the ice.

" Jong Kook-ssi, why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

Jong Kook felt stung at the way Gary addressed him. It was obivous that he was very upset. 

Jong Kook sighed and took a deep breathe. 

"Gary, I'm really sorry for not telling you about our relationship. But i did like Ji Hyo when she first came into Running Man , but i didn't let my feelings known because i knew you liked her too. I still like her, and she likes me too. When we both got to know each other better, i felt myself falling for her.  I'm really sorry to say this, but could you just accpet our relationship , please?" Jong Kook said.

Gary's gaze softened when he heard that Jong Kook had liked Ji Hyo since the start of RM. 

That hyung must have suffered for so long

Gary let out a sigh and was about to say something when the doctor came in. Ji Hyo followed the doctor in and glanced at the guys. While Jong Kook was being checked, she mouthed to Gary "You Okay?" Gary nodded and turned away. Ji Hyo wondered if Gary was really okay as she turned to look at Jong Kook. 

Gary decided to leave and before he left, he wanted to say bye to Ji Hyo, but she was busy talking with the doctor. He stared at Ji Hyo for a while with pain in his eyes. Then, he left.


"Where's Gary?" Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo after the doctor left. 

Ji Hyo looked around and realised he was gone. He must have left she thought.

"Don't worry about him now, i'll call him. You need to rest. " Ji Hyo said and sat down on the chair beside Jong Kook.

"Did you ask the doctor how many more days before i can be discharged?"

" Tomorrow morning you can leave" Ji Hyo answered while sending Gary a text message.

Not long after she sent it, she recieved a reply. "Yeah he left" Ji Hyo confirmed. 

"I wonder how that kid is going to cope after he knows this" Jong kook sighed. Ji Hyo reached and grabbed his hand. " I said don't worry, get well soon first." Ji Hyo insisted. Jong Kook smiled at Ji Hyo, and drifted off to sleep.


When he woke up the next day, he found his mom beside him. "Hello omma" He murmmered, still a  bit groggy from sleep. "Ah..my dear son, you are awake" His mom replied and patted his head. Jong Kook rubbed his eyes. "I can be discharged today right?" He asked. His mom nodded. 

Jong Kook knew what he would do after he was discharged. He would go find Ji Hyo  first, then talk to Gary.

After the doctor checked him once again, he packed his things and went home first. His mom made sure he was okay and then left too, as she had to go home too. After his mom left, Jong Kook took a short nap and then went to text Ji Hyo.


To: Ji Hyo

-Oppa has been discharged , do you want to come over for a while?


To: Jong Kook

-Neh oppa, i'll bring some food over too!


Soon, Ji Hyo arrived and they ate the porridge that Ji Hyo brought over.

"Keke, i've never seen you eat anything else but ramen or soju , seeing you eat porridge is so weird" Jong Kook joked while Ji Hyo glared playfully at him.

"I'm a human too! I can't eat the same thing everyday" She retorted.

After they ate, they snuggled together on the sofa watching TV. 

Ji Hyo leaned her head onto Jong Kook's chest and he gave her a light kiss on the lips.

"Ji Hyo...what are we going to do about Gary?" He asked. Ji Hyo lifted her head. 

"He'll have to face it , he can't control our relationship like that.."

"but he's like my brother, i feel sad when he's hurt"

"But  what can we do about it? Break up because of him?" Ji Hyo said, her voice getting a little loud. Jong Kook remained quiet .

"I'm..i'm sorry for raising my voice" Ji Hyo suddenly said. Jong Kook was surprised at her apology. The Ji Hyo he knew didn't apologise so easily like that. "Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Its just that i'm very stressed now, filming drams, cfs , and now i have to worry about this too" She sighed and Jong Kook hugged her closer. "Just forget about everything now. Today, it'll just be me and you, okay?" Jong Kook said while Ji Hyo snuggled closer to his chest, liking the warmth and protection.


Meanwhile, Gary reached home. He lied down on his bed and looked at his phone. The wallpaper was a selca of him and Ji Hyo.

"Ji Hyo...." He murmmed. He decided to talk to clear things up with hear, so he dialed her number. 

All he heard was a dial tone.

Either she's busy or she's with Jong Kook

Thinking of Jong Kook reminded him of the good times they had.  Honestly, when he heard that Jong Kook had kept his feelings for so long, he knew that must have been painful and he almost went to comfort his hyung.

What should I do now? Do i just give her up like this?


" Do you want to go somewhere?" Jong Kook asked. They had just finished watching a movie and Jong Kook felt bored. 

"Sure, where do you want to go?" Ji Hyo asked.

"Anywhere you would like to go" Jong Kook answered.

"Hm... how about the beach? The weather is really nice today and i havent been there for a long time" Ji Hyo answered. 

"Okay then, let me get ready" Jong Kook said as he got up and disappered into his  room to change. 

They took Jong Kook's car to the beach and to thier delight, it was quite empty. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo held hands as they walked down the beach together. 

"Luckily there isnt a lot of people now, we can date freely" Ji Hyo said.

They played in the sand, and splashed water over each other. Jong Kook even used a stick and wrote in the sand " KJK and SJH fighting!" 

When they were about to leave, they took one last walk down the beach . Jong Kook and Ji Hyo held hands as they strolled along the sea , enjoying the breeze.

"Oppa, what would you do if our relationship gets out to public?" Ji Hyo asked suddenly.

"Well... nothing.. i guess. Just go with the flow." Jong Kook replied. 

"What about the Monday Couple fans?" She asked. "They contribute to the ratings. The PDs might kill us" Ji Hyo continued, worried.

"Aishh, who cares about ratings? Isn't love more important?" Jong Kook chided Ji Hyo.

"I...i guess so..." Ji Hyo mumbled as they reached his car.


Gary went drinking.

"Woahh...something up?" The bartender asked as Gary grabbed his third bottle of soju. Gary never drank so much alone, so the bartender knew something was up.

"G...go..a..away" Gary's words slipped out, indicating that he was a bit drunk.

Even though now his mind was fuzzy, only one name was still clear in his mind.

Song Ji Hyo

Gary didnt know what to do and he decided to go for a drink to drown his problems. He put down the cup and leaned his head on the table.

Give Ji Hyo up? Don't give Ji Hyo up?

Give up? Don't Give up?

Give up? Don't give up?

Don't give up . That was his decision



all my dear readers please don't kill me after not updating for so long