The Thoughts

All I Care About

Hey, what's taking you so long?” Sehun asked when he entered the kitchen. The older boy was standing near the sink, his back turned to Sehun. Caught off guard, Luhan whirled around, revealing wide eyes filled with...tears?

 

Sehun rushed over and cupped his boyfriend's face. “Yah, are you okay? What happened?”

 

Luhan blinked at him, seemingly taken aback by Sehun's actions.

 

Brushing Luhan's cheeks with his thumb, Sehun took a closer look at him. Unable to detect any visible wounds, Sehun asked him, “What's wrong?”

 

That snapped Luhan out of his dazed state. He looked down, avoiding eye contact with Sehun. “Nothing...I-I just.. burned my tongue,” he sniffed.

 

Burned your tongue? Sehun glanced at the counter behind Luhan and spotted the cup of what appears to be tea.

 

You made me tea?”

 

Luhan gave him a sheepish nod.

 

And you burned your tongue in the process?”

 

Luhan hesitated before he gave another slow nod in response.

 

Aish. You cried over that? I thought it was something serious – scared me for a second.”

 

The older boy doesn't say anything, eyes still avoiding Sehun's.

 

Lifting Luhan's face up, Sehun said, “Say aaahh. Let me see your tongue.”

 

Luhan slowly opened his mouth and slipped out his tongue.

 

It doesn't appear to be red, but you should still drink some ice water to cool it down.” Sehun walked over to the fridge and got out a water bottle. He grabbed a few ice cubes from the freezer and dropped it in the bottle.

 

Handing it to Luhan, he said, “Here. This should help.”

 

Luhan took the bottle and drank, his eyes on Sehun the whole time. Sehun brushed past Luhan to pick up the cup of tea. He turned around to face his boyfriend, lower back leaning against the counter. When he took a sip of the tea, Luhan's eyes widened.

 

Why are you drinking that?”

 

Sehun raised his brow. “What do you mean why? You made it for me. Of course, I'm going to drink it.”

 

B-but didn't you already – aren't you full?”

 

Eh. It wouldn't hurt to drink it. Besides, this is the first time you made me tea.” Sehun smirked. “I should mark it on my calendar to always remember this special moment.”

 

Luhan cracked a small smile. “That's stupid.”

 

I'm not the one who burned my tongue making tea for someone else,” Sehun pointed out. He noticed how Luhan quickly looked away. Is he embarrassed? Sehun chuckled at the thought. He extended an arm, his hand beckoning for Luhan to take ahold of it. When Luhan hesitantly took it, he pulled the smaller boy towards him (Luhan yelped at the sudden tug). With one hand still holding the cup of tea and the other locking fingers with Luhan, Sehun smiled.

 

There's nothing to be embarrassed about. People burn their tongue drinking hot stuff all the time. Chanyeol hyung burned his tongue really bad once – he wanted to see if he could finish a cup of hot coco in twenty seconds.” Luhan couldn't suppress a chuckle and Sehun smiled at the familiar sound, heart fluttering like always. “Obviously a bad idea. He tried playing it off as a small burn, but it got really bad and he ended up going to the hospital. Baekhyun hyung wasn't too pleased with that.”

 

Luhan nodded. “Of course he wouldn't.”

 

But he still stayed by Chanyeol hyung's side the whole time although he was constantly reminding Chanyeol hyung that he was the biggest idiot in the universe. So moral of the story – if something happens to you, no matter how ridiculous or trivial, don't be afraid to tell me. I won't make fun of you...too much.” Sehun stated with a grin, receiving an eye roll from Luhan.

 

Sehun laughed and continued to drink the tea Luhan made for him. Mmmmm. The tea seems to be working because the minor headache that he had a moment ago was fading and his stomach didn't feel as nauseous.

 

After a few sips, he realized that it was ginger tea, the type that the club president gave him a few minutes ago, but unlike that one, this one was somehow sweeter – more to his taste. He figured it might have something to do with the fact that Luhan made it. It's always better when Luhan is involved.

 

Do you like it?” Luhan asked, eyeing him nervously while fiddling with their locked fingers.

 

Yeah.” Sehun noted how Luhan's eyes immediately lit up.

 

Are you sure? It's okay if you don't. I can make you another cup. Green tea perhaps? Or yellow tea? Or jasmine tea? What about lemon tea? Chrysanthemum? Peppermint

 

Whoa whoa. I'm fine with just this. Do we even have all of that?”

 

Luhan bit his lip and nodded. “Yeah, we do.”

 

Sehun cocked his brow. “Really?” He didn't think college students would bring boxes of different teas to a MT trip. Must be some tea loving maniac.

 

When Sehun finished, he thanked his boyfriend for the tea, to which the boy mumbled, “You're welcome.”

 

Sehun furrowed his brows. Something is bothering him..I wonder what it is.

 

Oh, Luhan hyung, what did you get from the convenience store?” one of Luhan's teammates asked when he came into the kitchen in search of a snack, not noticing the look Sehun shot him for interrupting their alone time.

 

Wait, did he say convenience store?

 

Sehun looked at Luhan. “You went to the store? When?”

 

I uh I-I didn't get anything really,” Luhan answered, ignoring Sehun's question completely. The other guy made a whiny noise, as if disappointed that Luhan didn't buy anything tasty. Sehun, however, ignored this, choosing instead to narrow his eyes at his boyfriend, trying to see why the older one was avoiding his gaze.

 

Hey, answer me. When did you go to the store?”

 

What's that, Hongki? You need me to help you with t-the thing? Be right there.” Luhan lets go of his hand and hastily made his way out of the kitchen.

 

Sehun stood there, looking dumbfounded. Really? The thing? Really?

 

He doesn't know why his boyfriend had to come up with such a lame excuse to leave the room, considering the fact that Hongki wasn't even calling him, but Sehun wondered if it has something to do with why the older boy took so long while he was waiting outside. Did he go buy me tea?

 

For the rest of the night, Sehun and Luhan stayed in team B's room. Luhan was playing cards with the others while Sehun observed – noticing how the older boy's mood seems to have brighten. Good, Sehun thought, relieved that Luhan was feeling better.

 

Hey Sehun.”

 

Both Sehun and Luhan turned their attention towards the person that called Sehun's name.

 

Are you feeling better?” the president asked.

 

Yeah. Thanks for earlier,” Sehun replied, not seeing the discomfort that had surfaced on Luhan's face.

 

No problem.” She smiled at him before leaving.

 

Sehun turned to look at Luhan, but the older one has shifted his attention back to the game. Feeling uneasy for reasons he can't quite explain, Sehun reached out, putting his hand on Luhan's shoulder. He gave it a gentle squeeze.

 

Luhan doesn't turn around, and Sehun was left thinking maybe he was just too absorbed in the game to react.

 

He hoped that was the case.

 

After midnight, the president demanded that they all go to bed. The majority of the club complained that it was way too early, but she shook her head and gave them an ultimatum – either go to bed early or wake up at 6 tomorrow. The former option won.

 

While brushing their teeth together, Luhan didn't playfully nudge him in the side like he usually did when they were at home. Afterwards, Luhan bid him good night and disappeared into his room, not seeing the disappointment and confusion on Sehun's face.

 

Lying on the floor, at the spot farthest from the door and next to the wall, Sehun sighed. This . And when the lights turned off, Sehun flopped to his side, engaging in a staring contest with the wall. The others were whispering to each other, talking about what they plan to do tomorrow and what they think the girls are doing right now and how wasted they are – stuff Sehun didn't really care about.

 

What he really cared about was why Luhan was acting so strange.

 

Did I do something wrong without knowing it?

 

Was my reaction to his tea not good enough?..

 

What could it possibly be!?

 

Thirty minutes later, all of the others were fast asleep – a majority of them snoring. Sehun sat up and looked at them irritably because, unlike Luhan's little snores (snores he actually enjoys listening to), the noises coming out of the other boys were downright appalling and extremely distracting. Not to mention they didn't look half as cute as Luhan when he snored.

 

This can't get any worse.

 

Just then the guy sleeping closest to him flung his leg around, landing right in the middle of Sehun's stomach. OW!!YAH! He quickly threw the guy's leg back over to his side.

 

Sehun made a disgruntled noise before turning to face the wall again. Ughhh..Bambi.

 

An hour later....

 

WHY CAN'T I GO TO SLEEP?!

 

Sehun ruffled his hair, frustrated at the fact that he can't get himself to stop tossing and turning and go to sleep. He couldn't recall the last time it was this difficult for him to fall asleep. It felt like something was missing.

 

He squeezed his eyes shut, forcing them to take him to the land of sleep.

 

It didn't work.

 

Dammit.

 

Giving up, he looked up at the ceiling, hoping to tire himself out by counting the markings, but it was too dark to see anything. He sighed and turned to his side.

 

Creak.

 

Someone opened the door. Sehun automatically snapped his head around to see who it was because it definitely wasn't someone from his room going out – someone was coming in.

 

As soon as his eyes landed on the shadow of the person slowly tiptoeing into the room, Sehun's heart started beating in excitement. He recognized that shadow.

 

Luhan.

 

With a grin plastered on his face, Sehun closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep. He could hear Luhan carefully making his way across the room, probably trying his best to avoid tripping on the limbs sprawled all over the floor.

 

When he felt a pair of hands lifting his blanket up, Sehun's heart started beating faster – anticipation at its highest. And when a warm body was suddenly snuggling his side, Sehun's heart skipped gleefully. He also lets out a mental whew because thankfully Luhan didn't get under the wrong covers. That would have been....well he doesn't want to picture that ever happening.

 

Sehun-ah,” that honey voice whispered. “Sehun-ah.”

 

Mhm?” He mumbled, pretending that Luhan had waken him from his slumber.

 

It's me.” Sehun could feel Luhan's breath on his collar bone, a warm tingly sensation.

 

Lu?” He questioned with his best impression of an 'I'm not fully awake' voice.

 

Luhan hugged him tighter – his way of answering Sehun's question.

 

Sehun smiled and turned to his side, to better accommodate his cuddle monster.

 

I couldn't sleep,” Luhan whispered. Neither could I.

 

Wrapping his arms around Luhan, Sehun started patting his lower back, hoping that the older boy found it soothing. When Luhan sighed contently and buried his face into Sehun's neck, Sehun knew that he was doing it right.

 

They stayed like that for a few minutes, with Sehun rubbing his back and Luhan breathing in Sehun's scent.

 

Sehun thought that this must have been what he felt was missing – Luhan next to him. Feeling the steady rise and fall of Luhan's chest, running his fingers through soft honey locks everything felt normal again. He couldn't even hear the snores coming forth from his teammates, his mind too occupied with keeping Luhan warm in his arms.

 

It would have been perfect if it were not for those nagging thoughts. Even though he was glad that Luhan was back to being the touchy Bambi that he knew and loved, Sehun couldn't push the questions that has been bothering him out of his mind. But he knew that if he was to ask, Luhan would deny that anything was wrong. Lost as to how to fix this situation, he sighed.

 

Luhan pulled away from his spot and looked at him, at least that's what he assumed (it was too dark to see clearly).

 

Are you okay, Sehun-ah?” Luhan whispered. I should be asking you that!

 

Sehun grunted and pulled Luhan closer, leaving no space between them.

 

Do you want to talk?” Sehun asked, resting his face on Luhan's hair.

 

About?”

 

I don't know. Anything. Just talk about whatever.” Whatever that's bothering you.

 

Hmm. Umm.”

 

Well?”

 

D-did you miss sleeping with me?”

 

That's what you want to talk about?”

 

You said anything.”

 

I didn't mean that.”

 

Just answer the question.”

 

Sehin sighed and pressed his face further into Luhan's soft, fluffy hair. “Yes,” he murmured. A lot.

 

Luhan hugged him tighter. “I miss cuddling with you too, Sehun-ah.”

 

Okay, I didn't say all of that.”

 

Luhan scoffed. “Whatever ” He was cut off by Sehun's lips – lips that are suddenly now feverishly attacking his.

 

Umph – Se – Hun! Yah!” Sehun heard Luhan protesting in between kisses, but since Luhan didn't push him away, he didn't stop.

 

He couldn't even if he wanted to, because his mind was too clouded with desire for him to register anything but the need to taste Luhan's oh so sweet lips.

 

And he got hungrier when Luhan finally responded, kissing him back, hands cupping Sehun's face.

 

All the questions he had in mind disappeared. All of his worries vanished...

 

Later when they separate, both with messy hair, swollen lips, and flushed faces, Luhan lightly smacked his arm.

 

Yah! The others could have seen us,” Luhan hissed, but Sehun doesn't hear anything in his voice that indicated anger. In fact, his boyfriend sounded amused.

 

They can't possibly see us. It's too dark.” Sehun pointed out.

 

Well, they could have heard us.”

 

Over those snores? Not likely.”

 

What if they

 

Hey, stop worrying about them. If you don't stop, I'm going to kiss you again. I have no problems with doing that.”

 

Aishhh. Fine,” Luhan concluded, giving up, choosing instead to make himself comfortable on Sehun's shoulder.

 

Sehun yawned, exhaustion finally catching up with him. “We should sleep...”

 

Yeah...but Sehun-ah, can I ask you s-something?”

 

Hm?” He hummed with eyelids already fluttering close.

 

Did her tea taste better than mine?” Luhan quickly mumbled.

 

But Sehun doesn't catch it. “Hm?”

 

N-never mind. It's nothing.”

 

Okay. Night Lu.”

 

Sehun concluded that sleep definitely came easier with Luhan next to him. Like it didn't matter where he was, as long as Luhan was beside him, Sehun felt content. Lucky. Happy.

 

He desperately hoped that Luhan felt the same.

 

Before succumbing to sleep, Sehun heard Luhan's “Night Sehun-ah. I love you.”

 

And he wanted to say, “I love you too,” to let Luhan know that he's just as loved, but the words don't form. His mind was too exhausted. Sleep had already taken over.

 

Sound asleep, Sehun wasn't aware of the forlorn look Luhan gave him.

 

Luhan clung onto Sehun, desperately hoping that sleep would take him soon too because he was growing terrified of the scary, dismal thoughts that were threatening to come to the surface.

 

 

 

~~~~~~ HEYYY!! AN UPDATE! :)) Hopefully, I will finish the next chapter soon, since school is out for Thanksgiving break. Look forward to that! Luhan will be facing the president problem head on. Woot woot! I hope this chapter wasn't too sad...I did throw in a Baekyeol funny anecdote and a little make out session. There were some fluff ♥ Hehe. Lulu will be okay because Sehun is there for him! :) 

 

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting!