The Redemption

All I Care About

There's a fist pounding against his door, and if it was any other day, Jinho would be alarmed, but instead he stayed where he was on the couch. He knew Sehun will eventually realize that the door wasn't locked.

 

The door finally opens, and Jinho turned to face the door.

 

Sehun's eyes immediately zeroed in on him, and Jinho could almost feel the anger inside those eyes. He's not surprised.

 

I knew you would come,” Jinho stated calmly as he stood up to face Sehun.

 

Sehun kicked the door closed with his foot, and marched forward, fists clenched. Jinho doesn't flinch however because he saw this coming.

 

But contrary to his predictions, Sehun doesn't land a punch on him, instead he stopped right in front of him, fists firmly glued to his sides. Jinho raised a curious brow.

 

Then you know why I'm here,” Sehun said, his voice just as calm as Jinho's. “So let's get this over with while I'm still capable of being civil with you. Tell me what happened between you and Luhan.”

 

Jinho felt his heartstrings pulled at the mention of the name, but he refused to let it show on his face. “Did he not tell you?” he asked, his tone forcefully indifferent. He knew it wasn't a very smart move considering the situation and the fact that he was at Sehun's mercy, but he had nothing else.

 

I don't have much patience left for you, so I suggest you tell me what I need to know,” Sehun said, gritting his teeth. “Now.”

 

I'm sure your boyfriend will provide you with a better explanation of what --”

 

That's it!” Sehun grabbed Jinho's collar and roughly slammed him against the nearest wall. Jinho winced at the impact.

 

Jinho's collar tightly, Sehun snarled, “What did you say to him?”

 

Jinho opened his mouth to reply, but Sehun interrupted with a “If you give me any more BS, I swear I will break your face.”

 

Jinho doesn't question Sehun's ability to do just that. Grabbing ahold of Sehun's fists, Jinho tried to pry it off of him. “I told him what he needed to know,” he answered, his voice no longer calm.

 

Sehun, however, doesn't loosen his grip one bit. He stepped closer to Jinho and asked in a dangerous voice, “And what was it he needed to know? What was it that was so important you had to break him down?”

 

Sehun doesn't move, but Jinho felt as though he was punched in the gut. Sehun's question was enough to hurt him.

 

I told him to be realistic,” Jinho finally answered, his eyes glued to Sehun's.

 

He saw the surprise in Sehun's face, but he doesn't gloat. “About what?” Sehun asked.

 

About his future – his future with you.”

 

Jinho expected Sehun to ask him exactly what it was he said to Luhan, but the other boy didn't seem bothered.

 

He simply said, “Hate to break it to you, Jinho, but you have no business talking to him about our future.”

 

You have none,” Jinho mumbled.

 

Sehun released him with a rough shove. “You've completely lost it. Being in a one-sided love screwed up your brain.”

 

Is that what you think?” Jinho asked mockingly.

 

It's not what I think. It's what I know. The Jinho I know wouldn't purposefully hurt someone he supposedly cares about,” Sehun countered. “There's no excuse this time, is there? You were completely sober when the two of you talked. So tell me, Jinho, what was it that made you snapped?”

 

I didn't snap,” Jinho argued.

 

Yeah, well you must have said something because Luhan isn't the type of person to cry for no good reason.”

 

Jinho frowned. He wasn't sure before, but now that Sehun had confirmed that Luhan did indeed cry, Jinho felt like a total douchebag. More so than before. 

 

I didn't mean to,” Jinho muttered, shame coating his voice.

 

Sehun's face was void of sympathy. “What happened between you guys?”

 

Jinho lowered his head and sighed. “He came over to tell me that he forgave me for what happened and that he wanted us to work it out.”

 

And?”

 

And I asked him what would happen if he had known me first.” Jinho looked up into Sehun's eyes. “He said he would still pick you.”

 

There's a moment of silence before Sehun spoke again. “Jinho, you really need to let this go. It's only hurting you.”

 

Like I don't know that,” Jinho scoffed.

 

Then why the hell are you doing this?” Sehun asked angrily.

 

Because I want to know if it's even the slightest bit possible! It's pathetic, I know, but I had to ask!”

 

Well, you have your answer! Straight from Luhan's mouth. Are you not satisfied with that?”

 

No,” Jinho replied honestly. Brutally honest.

 

No?”

 

Tell me, Sehun, have you two talked about what would happen after Luhan hyung graduates?”

 

Sehun's eyes widened, clearly taken by surprise. “No, we have not.”

 

I figured that.”

 

What's your point?”

 

My point is that you're not prepared to face the possibility of separation. Luhan hyung is under this illusion that you two will always be together, as if it was that easy. I even asked him if he could picture himself with you years from now, and he told me he could. 'Forever', he said.”

 

There's a spark of understanding in Sehun's eyes that Jinho doesn't quite catch.

 

And I told him that it was unlikely,” Jinho continued.

 

Sehun scoffed. “Let me guess. You also told him that you would be the better choice.”

 

Am I not?”

 

No, you're not,” Sehun said firmly. “I don't go around hurting him when something isn't favorable for me.”

 

Yeah, at least I'll be around,” Jinho stated.

 

What's that supposed to mean?”

 

You're not graduating with Luhan hyung. I am. If he chooses to move out after graduation, what would happen to the two of you? You'll break up. Unlike you, I can actually be there for him with whatever he chooses to do after.”

 

It won't matter if he doesn't want to be with you,” Sehun stated coldly.

 

Jinho faked a smile. “Have you heard about his plans? About the graduate program in New York? I'm guessing no.”

 

Actually, you're wrong. I know about the program. I live with him, Jinho. There isn't much about him that I don't know. I saw the pamphlets in his drawer.”

 

Genuinely surprised by the revelation, Jinho spluttered, “You k-knew?”

 

Yeah. I didn't bring it up because I wanted him to tell me. I was going to wait until he was ready.”

 

And if he chooses to enter the program?”

 

I'm not going to like being away from him, but we'll figure something out. Honestly, I really don't see how any of this concerns you. Whatever happens to us, it'll be between us, so I would appreciate it if you out.”

 

I really hate how lightly you take this,” Jinho growled. “It's like the possibility of being separated doesn't faze you – like it won't ever happen. Quit living in your perfect world. Not everything will go the way you want it to. I understand if it's from Luhan hyung, but you, Sehun, I thought you would get it.”

 

And you know what I hate? I hate that you think you have the right to say things like that. I know nothing will be perfect, but dammit, Jinho, you have no right to worry Luhan over something that may not happen! You think you were doing him a favor by telling him such things? That forever doesn't exist? Quit lying to yourself and face it, you were upset, and probably still are, over his reply to your confession. Stop being a spiteful jerk, and accept that he's with me.”

 

Sehun's words pierced through the room and straight through Jinho's heart.

 

I didn't want to tell you this when you told me you had feelings for Luhan because I didn't want to hurt you. I considered you my friend. But after you made him cry again, I'm not going to hold back.” Sehun took a deep breath before continuing. “Let it go, Jinho. You have to get over your feelings. Luhan loves me and I love him. We're together, and nothing you can do or say will change that. Find someone else. You probably think that you won't ever love anyone else, but you'll meet someone -- someone that will actually return your feelings.”

 

What if I don't want to?”

 

Then you'll end up alone.”

 

They stood there silently, eyes glued to each other. Eventually, Jinho's legs grew weak, and he slid down against the wall. The truth crashing down on him harder than he imagined it would.

 

When I told you to talk to him, it wasn't an invitation for you to attack him when the conversation doesn't go your way,” Sehun said. “I thought you would be a better person, Jinho. Now, I don't think I can ever trust you to be alone with him.”

 

Did you really even trust me to begin with?”

 

Yes, I did. I assumed that after what happened on your birthday, you would be regretful, and that you would do whatever it takes to win back his trust and get back to being his friend. I guess I was wrong.”

 

Jinho looked up. “What would you have done if you were me? What if Luhan hyung had picked me?”

 

I would accept his decision.”

 

Jinho's eyes widened. “But --”

 

It would hurt. A lot. I'm not going lie. But it's his choice. If I really love him, then I would just let him go. Whatever makes him happy.”

 

You make it sound easy.”

 

It's not. I know it's not, but Jinho, it's what he wants. You probably hate me, but this isn't about us, it's about Luhan, and who he wants to be with.”

 

Have you ever been heartbroken?” Jinho asked softly.

 

I have not.”

 

Then you don't know what it feels like.”

 

I don't. But I do know that I wouldn't take it out on the person that broke it.”

 

Jinho closed his eyes and scrunched his face because everything hurts right now.

 

I rather have you hate me than have you hurting Luhan,” Sehun confessed. “If it's unbearable, then take it out on me. Call me out. Fight me – I'll let you hit me until I'm blue. You can also curse me because I'm the one responsible for your pain. Just hurt me instead.”

 

Tears are pricking the corners of his eyes, but Jinho refused to let Sehun see him cry.

 

What am I supposed to do now?” Jinho croaked.


“That's up to you,” Sehun said. “Whatever you do, just don't hurt Luhan. You know I can take a lot of things because you've been with me through those years when people picked on me, but seeing Luhan cry is not something I can take.”

 

Sehun...”

 

Sehun shot Jinho a sad smile. “You protected me back then, and I'm grateful for that, but now it's time for me to protect someone I love. Luhan is everything to me. I hope you can see that. I – I really don't want you to be the one I have to protect him from.”

 

Sehun's words cut so deep, Jinho was unable to respond. How could he?

 

A few seconds later, Sehun walked towards the front door and opened it. He turned around one last time and said, “Take your time. Think it through. I know you'll do the right thing.”

 

He closed the door behind him, and Jinho's tears are free to stream down his face. He really did hurt the people he cared about.

 

Jinho's body started trembling because he's afraid there's no way for him to fix things...

 

******

When Luhan woke up to find Sehun still sleeping next to him, he quickly rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't dreaming. It was extremely rare for him to wake up before Sehun, but that seems to be the case this morning.

 

Is he tired? Luhan thought as he watched his boyfriend sleep, noting the steady rhythm of Sehun's breathing. Unable to resist, Luhan scooted closer to Sehun. He noticed the little hairs on Sehun's chin, and immediately remembered that Sehun hadn't shaved since Thursday. He really didn't want to wake Sehun, but he couldn't stop himself from gently poking Sehun's chin. Surprisingly, Sehun didn't even stir.

 

Luhan knew his boyfriend really needs his sleep, but he wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to do whatever he wanted to a sleeping Sehun.

 

Before he could reconsider his decision, his lips attached itself to Sehun's chin, and he smiled. Sehun's stubble was a bit prickly, but Luhan doesn't mind. He loves kissing Sehun.

 

When Sehun still doesn't wake, Luhan trailed his lips up towards Sehun's lips, stopping there for quite some time before moving on. He moved up to Sehun's perfect nose, giggling silently because he's never kissed Sehun's nose before. He squeezed his eyes shut when the little butterflies in his stomach starts fluttering madly. He continued to trail his lips up towards the bridge of Sehun's nose. When he opened his eyes, he was greeted with a pair of brown eyes, staring at him curiously.

 

Luhan blinked a few times, hoping that those adoring eyes were just a part of his imagination.

 

Cute,” Sehun mumbled before pecking Luhan's chin.

 

Only then did Luhan realized that his lips were still (embarrassingly) attached to Sehun's nose.

 

Oh! Sehun,” he squeaked when he pulled away.

 

Sehun chuckled before wrapping his arms around Luhan's waist, pulling him back flush against his chest. “Was it fun kissing your prince?”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes for Sehun to see before hiding his flushed face in the crook of Sehun's neck. “No,” he lied.

 

Sehun pinched his sides. “Whatever. You were practically drooling.”

 

Luhan shot up. “I was not drooling!”

 

Sehun tilted his head slightly. “Internally squealing with delight?”

 

Luhan kept his face straight because there was no way he was going to admit that. “Nope.”

 

How about those fluttering butterflies? Are they still flapping around?” Sehun questioned, pleased with the blush that bloomed on Luhan's cheeks as a result.

 

Shut up,” Luhan said indignantly. “They are not flapping!”

 

Sehun laughed, and though Luhan felt flustered, he couldn't help but smile at the sweet sound.

 

What are you smiling about?” Sehun asked when he stopped laughing long enough to spot the smile on Luhan's face.

 

Luhan shrugged and plopped back down on Sehun's chest. “Nothing really.”

 

Well, whatever the reason, I'm glad you're smiling again.”

 

Reminded of last night's events, Luhan turned to face Sehun, his expression apologetic. “I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to worry you and --”

 

It's fine,” Sehun interjected as he wrapped his arms tighter around Luhan's middle. “But are you okay now?”

 

Luhan nodded. “You probably want to know what happened huh?” he asked sheepishly.

 

Sehun shook his head. “You don't have to if you're not comfortable.”

 

After gazing into Sehun's warm eyes, Luhan decided that he wasn't ready. He couldn't possibly tell Sehun what Jinho had said to him. Just thinking about it made him uneasy.

 

Sehun, noticing Luhan's discomfort, rubbed his back to soothe him. “It's okay. We won't talk about it, but I hope you know that you can talk to me about anything. Promise I'll listen. It's part of the requirements of being a perfect boyfriend.”

 

Luhan smiled. “Is that so?”

 

Yeah,” Sehun grinned.

 

What are the other requirements?”

 

An endless supply of energy.”

 

What do you --”

 

Sehun flipped their positions, and Luhan's heart started pounding again, and those stupid butterflies came back.

 

Should we get them fluttering again?” Sehun asked with a smirk.

 

What?”

 

Those butterflies – should we get them fluttering again?”

 

There's really no point because they're already fluttering, but Luhan doesn't tell Sehun that.

 

What are you suggesting?” Luhan asked innocently, already looping his arms around Sehun's neck. (He blames it on his reflex)

 

Morning charge?” Sehun suggested with a crooked smile that caused Luhan to fall in love with him just a little more.

 

Hmm.” Luhan turned his head to look at the alarm clock sitting on Sehun's nightstand, trying not to grin at the fact that Sehun's eyes were glued to him. “I guess we have some time...”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Stop acting like you don't want this to happen. I can see through you, Bambi.”

 

How? Are you undressing me with your eyes?” Luhan teased.

 

Sehun scoffed. “You wish.”

 

I do,” Luhan admitted before leaning forward and capturing Sehun's lips.

 

Sehun sputtered when Luhan pulled away a minute later, satisfied grin intact. “You may begin now,” he ordered. “Start!”

 

You can't tell me when to start!” Sehun argued, flabbergasted. “It doesn't work like tha --”

 

Luhan cuts him off with kisses, and eventually, Sehun realized that sometimes it does work like that..

 

******

Baekhyun was standing behind the cash register, minding his own business when he spotted a familiar, ugly pest walking towards the cafe.

 

Yeollie,” he called out.

 

Chanyeol, who was behind him fixing the espresso machine, hummed.

 

Call my parents. Tell them I love them and that I won't be seeing them for a while.”

 

Chanyeol immediately stopped what he was doing. “What? Where are you going?”

 

Prison,” Baekhyun stated simply.

 

P-Prison?!”

 

Yeah. For murder.”

 

Baekhyun gestured towards the entrance where Jinho could be seen hesitantly entering, eyes searching for Luhan no doubt.

 

He doesn't wait for Chanyeol to catch on before marching forward to handle this pest. Unfortunately, Luhan got to Jinho first.

 

Jinho, what are you doing here?” Luhan asked.

 

Chanyeol came up behind Baekhyun and whispered in his ears, “You can go to prison another day. Let Luhan hyung handle this one.”

 

But--”

 

Baek.”

 

Fine,” he hissed before stepping back a few steps, his eyes remaining fixated to the two in front of him.

 

Uh. Hyung, can we talk?” Jinho asked, and upon noticing the death glare Baekhyun was sending his way, he quickly added, “In private?”

 

Luhan turned to exchanged glances with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, looking a tad bit unsure, but when Chanyeol nod, he gave them a tiny nod before turning back to face Jinho. “Okay.”

 

He led Jinho out of the cafe, and Baekhyun sighed, worry written all over his face.

 

He'll be fine,” Chanyeol assured, hand reaching out for Baekhyun's own. He gave it a firm squeeze. “Have faith in our Bambi hyung.”

 

Baekhyun puffed his cheeks. He really doesn't like the idea of leaving Luhan alone with Jinho, but he guess Chanyeol had a point. Nevertheless, he crossed his arms, and mentally told himself that if he so much as see Luhan sniffling, he'll break Jinho's skull with the espresso machine Chanyeol was working on.

 

******

Standing outside with Jinho was certainly not what Luhan expected, especially after not being able to see the boy since their last encounter. Oftentimes, he found himself wondering if Jinho was doing alright.

 

Jinho cleared his throat awkwardly. “Hyung.”

 

Jinho.”

 

I-I want to say that I'm sorry about last time. I shouldn't have said those things, and I'm really sorry. I understand if you don't ever want to see me again, but I just wanted you to know that I wish I could take it back. It wasn't fair for me to take out my frustration on you, and it --”

 

Jinho, before you continue, can I say something?”

 

Jinho nodded. “Sure hyung.”

 

I'm sorry, Jinho.”

 

Jinho's eyes widened in surprise.

 

I'm sorry I said those things to you before running out. I know it wasn't nice, and I'm sure it'd hurt, so I'm sorry. I should have been more considerate of your feelings. You were right – Sehun wasn't the only one suffering. I should have realized that you were just as heartbroken about the whole situation as myself and Sehun.”

 

Hyung, no. I needed to hear those words from you. It was my only wake up call, besides having Sehun tell me.”

 

Sehun?”

 

Yeah, we talked and he made me realized that I need to let go...”

 

Jinho.”

 

Jinho gazed into Luhan's eyes. “After some time alone to think, I understand that you and Sehun were meant to be together, and that I had no place in being between you two. A person once told me that you and Sehun have something so special, no one should get in that picture and ruin it. I didn't listen. I was foolish, and did stupid things as a result, but I'm hoping you'll eventually forgive me... It's not going to happen overnight, but I'm going to try to get over you, Luhan hyung.”

 

Speechless, Luhan simply stared at the boy in front him, noting how Jinho was shuffling his feet, clearly nervous about the whole thing. Before he could even think about it, Luhan stepped forward and put his arms around Jinho. Somewhere in the cafe, he could hear a cup shattering, but he doesn't pay it any attention.

 

I'm really glad you came, Jinho,” Luhan confessed, pulling back from the hug to smile at the younger one. “I know it wasn't easy for you, so I appreciate it.”

 

It was the least I could do,” Jinho muttered, blushing profusely.

 

Luhan grinned when he lets go of Jinho, feeling his heart swell at the thought of reconciling with Jinho. He really did miss being in his company.

 

We can still be friends right?” Jinho asked.

 

Always.”

 

Jinho flashed him a toothy smile. “I think Sehun would be happy to hear about this.”

 

Mhm! Maybe you can drop by for dinner. I'm sure Sehun would like that.”

 

Yeah. Maybe not Baekhyun though.” Jinho gestured towards the cafe window. Luhan looked around and found Baekhyun glaring at Jinho. He also noticed Chanyeol in the back sweeping up broken shards of ceramic by Baekhyun's feet.

 

Luhan chuckled. “Baekhyun's not really a people person,” he said, an indescribable fondness evident in his tone.

 

Jinho laughed. “What a nice way of putting it.”

 

Luhan raised his brow.

 

It's okay, I know he hates me,” Jinho stated. “I'm just glad you don't.”

 

I can never hate you, Jinho.”

 

That's a relief.”

 

Luhan reached over and placed his arm around Jinho's shoulder. “How about a drink? On the house.”

 

Sure. As long as it's not Baekhyun making my order.”

 

The two of them laughed as they walked towards the entrance.

 

And while Luhan worked on Jinho's order, he couldn't help but think about what Sehun could have possibly said to Jinho. What was it that caused Jinho to change his mind?

 

Luhan figured that he'll have to ask his boyfriend when he gets home later. Right now he has to make sure Baekhyun doesn't ask Jinho to leave, but seeing as to how the other boy kept his distance from Jinho, he doesn't have to worry too much.

 

I got him under control,” Chanyeol had told Luhan, mumbling so that his boyfriend couldn't hear him. “He wanted to accidentally pour coffee on Jinho, you know for payback, but I convinced him otherwise.”

 

Really? How?”

 

Told him we could have the twelve tiered cake he wanted for our wedding,” Chanyeol answered with a wink.

 

Twelve?!”

 

One representing each of us,” Chanyeol said with a cheesy grin.

 

Yeollie!”

 

Coming!” The taller boy gave Luhan a pat on the back before dashing over to help Baekhyun with the customers.

 

Feeling better than he has in several days, Luhan took out his phone and sent Sehun a simple text.

 

U

 

A few seconds later, his phone buzzed and after reading Sehun's text, the smile that appeared on his face was positively radiant.

 

U 2

 

******

When Sehun opened the door, he was not expecting to see his boyfriend with Jinho, along with Baekhyun and Chanyeol behind them.

 

Hey,” Jinho greeted.

 

Hey.”

 

Are you going to let us freeze out here or what?” Baekhyun huffed.

 

Sehun quickly stepped aside so that Baekyeol can enter after pushing past Luhan and Jinho. Sehun shook his head at the couple. When he felt a pair of soft hands reaching out for his, Sehun quickly turned his attention back to the two in front of him.

 

Sehun-ah,” Luhan called, entwining their fingers. “Surprise?”

 

Yeah. Very. What's going on?”

 

We worked it out,” Luhan answered, beaming as he looked between Sehun and Jinho.

 

Yeah,” Jinho added. “So about us...”

 

I'll think about it,” Sehun said with a playful smirk.

 

Sehun-ah!”

 

What?”

 

Don't say that.”

 

Jinho chuckled. “Hyung, it's fine. It's between Sehun and me.”

 

Luhan pouted at the thought of being left out, but Sehun quickly leaned down and gave him a peck on the lips.

 

Everything's good, Bambi.”

 

Luhan narrowed his eyes, and for a second, Sehun thought that his boyfriend would argue and demand to know what they were keeping from him, but when Luhan let out a sigh of defeat, he was pleasantly surprised.

 

Sehun turned to ask Jinho, “I'm assuming you're staying for dinner, so how do you feel about barbeque ribs?”

 

Good,” Jinho replied.

 

Let's go then.”

 

Sehun led the way, but before they entered the kitchen, Luhan pulled him aside and whispered, “Promise you'll tell me later?”

 

Sehun cracked a smile. “Yeah.”

 

After hanging around in the kitchen, the gang moved to the outdoor patio where Kris had set up the grill, and was currently helping Kyungsoo with seasoning the meat. Luhan was happily chatting with Xiumin, while Sehun watched from afar. He was later joined by Jinho, who just got done talking with Lay and Suho.

 

So which part of my awesome speech changed your mind?” Sehun asked, eyes glued to a certain someone currently trying to call dibs on the first piece of grilled meat.

 

The part where you threatened to break my face,” Jinho joked.

 

Sehun chuckled. “You know I would do it.”

 

Oh, I believe you.”

 

The two of them directed their gazes toward Luhan who was laughing about something while an unimpressed Kai looked on.

 

It was the part where you said that it wasn't about us – that it was Luhan's choice,” Jinho finally answered. “I don't know why I didn't understand it before. Must have been blinded by my emotions. I just wanted him. It didn't matter what he wanted or who he chose, I just wanted it to be me. That was wrong. And you were absolutely right. If I really did care about him, I wouldn't have done those things. I do regret it.”

 

Well, I'm glad you realized that. He really likes having you as a friend.”

 

I do too.”

 

What about us?” Sehun asked, causing Jinho to face him.

 

I think we both know where we stand. You wouldn't have let me live otherwise.”

 

Good point.”

 

And Sehun..”

 

Yeah?”

 

Thanks. Thanks for not giving up on me. It means a lot to me.”

 

Sehun smiled. “You didn't give up on me back then, so why would I give up on you now?”

 

They both hear Luhan's laughter again, and when they turned to look at him, they found him crouch over, holding his stomach as Chanyeol reenacted a funny skit with lettuce in between his teeth.

 

Sometimes, Sehun doesn't understand how his boyfriend could laugh at everything as if it's the funniest thing in the world, but most times, he finds it endearing.

 

So he's your special person huh?”

 

Yeah.”

 

Well, I hope you continue to make him happy,” Jinho said sincerely. He turned to give Sehun a firm pat on the back. “Forever if possible.”

 

Forever,” Sehun promised. He held out his right hand, and Jinho gladly shook it. “Happy to have you back, buddy.”

 

Good to be back, man.”

 

Sehun-ahhh,” Luhan called, apparently in need of assistance with handling Kyungsoo because the other refused to let him take over the grill in fear of him burning the house.

 

I think he needs you,” Jinho informed him.

 

I can see that,” Sehun said, chuckling and shaking his head at the same time. “I'll be back.”

 

Jinho shook his head. “Take your time. I'll be over here, trying to talk to Baekhyun.”

 

As he made his way towards Luhan, Sehun couldn't help but fear for Jinho's safety – or was it his sanity?

 

When it comes to dealing with Baekhyun, it was probably both.

 

Lu, let go of the tongs,” Sehun ordered when he got to where his boyfriend was standing.

 

But --”

 

I'll grill your meat for you.”
 

And how is that –”

 

I'll let you watch.”

 

Fine.”

 

Kyungsoo blinked rapidly. “Really? That's it? Unbelievable!” The shorter boy stormed away, shaking his head at the couple.

 

Luhan didn't seem fazed by this, instead he handed Sehun the tongs he had been clutching against his chest in a protective manner.

 

So how was your talk with Jinho?” Luhan asked as he kept his eyes on the meat Sehun was currently flipping.

 

Good.”

 

Are you two --”

 

Friends? Yes.”

 

That's great.”

 

Luhan doesn't say anything after that. He quietly held Sehun's free hand. Sehun looked down at their interlaced fingers, and beamed.

 

He loves moments like these – where it's just the two of them. Holding hands. Enjoying each other's presence. Hearts beating and –

 

Sehun-ah, keep your eyes on the meat!” Luhan nearly shrieked when a small part of the meat got a bit too dark for his liking.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Way to ruin a moment, Bambi.”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ And here comes the apologies - I'm so sorry for taking so long, guys! I'm sure a lot of you were anxiously waiting, and I big time for making you wait so long. I know how frustrating it can be (especially if the drama is getting good). I was busy with stuff. I procrastinated. I had writer's block. All of that. But no matter, I got it done! Yess! And I'm hoping to give you guys something else as a peace offering :D Look forward to it. 

 

Okay, so for the confrontation - I liked it. A lot. Sehun handled it beautifully. He was rough when needed, and calm when needed. I always find it admirable when a person can talk through their problems instead of simply fighting it out. Trust me, it's harder to talk it out. So kudos to Sehun for doing so. Then we have HUNHAN FLUFF! YESSSS. FLUFF ALL DAY. I honestly love the way they "flirt" with each other - it's a fluffy kind of flirting. LOL xD Morning charges are necessary! And then we have Baekhyun. Oh Baekhyun! So sassy, yet so caring. Love his prison comment. Finally, the barbeque party - how nice. Wrapping things up with food. Lol. 

 

Hope you liked this chapter. Comment and subscribe. Leave me a message. Upvote. Throw bricks. Whatever you feel like doing. :) Also wanted to say Heyyyy to my new readers! Hi ^^