The New Year

All I Care About

 

 

When they got home, Xiumin pulled them in and gave each of them a party hat. “What took you guys so long? The party started without you.”

 

Impossible,” Chanyeol loudly exclaimed. “No party starts without us! Come on, Baek, let's start this party!!”

 

The tall boy dragged his boyfriend to the living room, where the other boys were eating (and drinking) while watching the New Year's celebration on TV. Sehun rolled his eyes, while Luhan giggled, tugging Sehun to follow him in joining the others.

 

Sehun realized that although Chanyeol may not know a lot of things, the tall boy knew how to get the party started.

 

Two minutes into the party, Chanyeol had somehow managed to get a disco ball on the ceiling in the living room and got everybody glow sticks with the numbers 2013 on them. The tall boy turned off the lights, forcing everybody to see nothing but the lights from the television, the reflections from the disco ball, and each other's glow sticks.

 

Sehun wasn't particularly fond of stubbing his toe against the edge of the couch or the coffee table whenever he went to grab a snack. It was also annoying when Kai kept stepping on his foot, and even though he apologized each time, Sehun doesn't believe his sincerity at all. And when he accidentally grabbed Kris's thigh instead of the TV remote, Sehun concluded that he didn't really like the glow party Chanyeol came up with. Not at all.

 

Luhan, on the other hand, loved it. The boy was bouncing around like a bunny wearing glow sticks. He, along with Baekyeol, had fasten a necklace, a hairband, bracelets, and anklets with the glow sticks. Simply put – he was easy to spot. When Baekhyun turned up the music, a few of the boys started dancing, Luhan being one of them.

 

Amazing dancer isn't he?” Suho asked, taking a seat next to Sehun on the couch. Sehun tore his eyes away from his glow-in-the-dark Bambi to look at Lay, who was surprisingly breaking it down. The boy was doing all kinds of fancy moves, incorporating his glow sticks to please his rowdy audience (basically Baekyeol and Luhan).

 

GO LAY! GO LAY! GET IT HYUNG!” Baekyeol cheered, pumping their fists in the air, while Luhan jumped up and down next to them, having a blast.

 

Yeah. Lay hyung is an awesome dancer,” Sehun said with a smile.

 

Luhan hyung isn't so bad himself.”

 

Sehun laughed. “Yeah if you consider that dancing.” His eyes traveled back to his boyfriend, who was now trying to do the robot, at least that's what Sehun assumed. It looked more like he was chopping something invisible.

 

Suho chuckled. “It's unusual, but cute nonetheless.” Like always.

 

Oooooooo!! Lay hyung has challenged you to a dance off Luhan hyung!” Chanyeol shouted, clapping excitedly.

 

No I didn't,” Lay said, momentarily stopping his dance routine.

 

LOOK EVERYBODY!” Baekhyun yelled, ignoring Lay. “WE GOT OURSELVES A DANCE OFF!”

 

Who cares?!” Chen shouted back. He went back to watching the music show on TV.

 

LAY HYUNG VS LUHAN HYUNG,” Chanyeol continued, as if he didn't hear Chen's comment. “GATHER AROUND. MAKE A CIRCLE!”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. They can't be serious. Sehun looked over to where Luhan was and – they are completely serious.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were rubbing Luhan's shoulders, getting him loose and ready for his dance battle (they were on his side). Lay started tucking in his shirt, apparently getting ready to do some b-boy moves.

 

How about we go give them our support?” Suho asked, grinning at Sehun.

 

Fine.”

 

They got up and went to join the “circle.” It was a glowing circle.

 

The other boys, with the exception of Chen and Kris, stood around the pair as they faced each other in the center.

 

One of the must haves of a dance battle – a stare down.

 

Lay and Luhan were eyeing each other with such intensity that Sehun, for a second, thought he was watching a real battle.

 

They stayed like that for a minute or two, probably sizing each other up.

 

You ready to lose Lay?” Luhan asked, lips quirking into a smile that was meant to look cocky, but ended up looking adorable.

 

Hyung, I didn't want this, but if you insist... I won't go easy.” Lay smirked, managing to look quite cool despite the pink glow sticks he had tied around his ankles and wrists.

 

Don't. I don't need you to. Just make sure to bring it.”

 

Oh, I'm bringing it. Are you ready hyung?”

 

I was born ready.”

 

Second must have – smack talk.

 

Whoa whoa. Save it for the dance battle guys,” Baekhyun said when he stepped in between them, pretending to separate them before things got out of hand (which it wasn't).

 

Chanyeol appeared next to him, holding a soda can as a microphone. He whistled to get everybody's attention (which wasn't necessary because anybody who cared was already there).

 

Okay! People, we have ourselves a real tight battle tonight. On this side --” Chanyeol pointed at Lay. “We have the Chinese dancing machine of the house, the one capable of dancing till he hurts his back, the one that can throw down when called upon, Suho hyung's loving unicorn, the versatile – LAAAAYYYYYYY!”

 

Suho cheered and clapped really loud for his boyfriend, while the others looked around, still wondering why they were watching this mess in the first place.

 

And on this side --” Chanyeol pointed at Luhan. “We have the cake loving hyung of the house, the one capable of getting anybody to do anything he wanted – Kris hyung included – the one everybody screams for, the one everybody wants to cuddle, Sehun's one and only Bambi, the unbeatable – LUHAAAANNNNNNNN!”

 

Being Luhan's boyfriend, Sehun thought it was appropriate to clap thunderously and to whoop in support, so he did.

 

He heard Tao mumbled to Xiumin, “He didn't mention anything about Luhan hyung's dancing skills though.”

 

Sehun almost laughed when he heard that because it was so true.

 

Now before we start, IS EVERYBODY READY?! ARE YOU READY TO SEE THE SHOW OF A LIFETIME?! SHOUT YEAHHH! Come on! I CAN'T HEAR YOUUU.”

 

Another must have – an annoying announcer.

 

Oh just get on with it!” Kyungsoo demanded, looking irritated at how slow this whole process was.

 

MUSIC!” Baekhyun hollered to no one in particular – he ended up being the one switching the songs on the Ipod that was connected to the stereo system.

 

When club music started playing and when Baekyeol stepped away from the center, Lay and Luhan started dancing.

 

Oh lord. This is really happening.

 

From what Sehun could see..

 

Lay was popping and locking. Luhan was walking like an Egyptian.

 

Lay was shuffling and gliding. Luhan was doing the Running Man.

 

Lay was breakdancing. Luhan was twirling.

 

It ended with Lay doing a backflip, and Luhan attempting a body wave.

 

I guess he's only good at the DDR game – not actual dancing.

 

When the music stopped, and Luhan and Lay are back to simply staring at each other, Chanyeol announced, “WOW! THAT WAS A REALLY CLOSE BATTLE --”

 

Kai snorted. “It wasn't even a real battle.”

 

Sehun and Suho, who were standing on either sides of Kai, smacked him in the arm and hissed, “Shut up.” Upset at being punished for speaking the truth, Kai moved to stand next to Kyungsoo, his eyes glowering at them.

 

Okay, we'll decide who the winner is by the amount of cheers. Now if you think Lay hyung was the better dancer, let me hear you SCREAAAMMMM!”

 

There wasn't much screaming, minus Suho's, but the other boys did clap for him. Sehun noticed Kyungsoo poking Kai to clap for Lay, which he did – unenthusiastically. Although Lay did a better job (no doubt about it), Sehun didn't clap. Why? Because he was forever a loyal boyfriend.

 

Chanyeol looked around, nodding. “Alright. Decent amount of people thought Lay hyung did better. Now if you think Luhan hyung did a better job, let me hear you SCREAAMMM!”

 

This time, Sehun clapped (really loud) because he was too embarrassed to scream. The others stood still, avoiding eye contact with Luhan. Baekhyun pulled out his phone and played a sound clip of people clapping and cheering – obviously cheating.

 

WOW! A lot of support for Luhan hyung!” Chanyeol exclaimed, clearly aware of the fake applause, but choosing to think otherwise. “I guess there's no choice but to announce the winner --”

 

He walked up to Lay and Luhan, looking at each of them (trying to drag out the suspense) “ – or should I say WINNERS! IT'S A TIE. CONGRATULATIONS!”

 

Luhan and Lay looked at each other for a second before laughing and shaking hands, congratulating each other. The other boys, with the exception of Sehun and Suho, threw their empty cups at Chanyeol (who dodged them with a smile), cursing under their breath at how this dance off was a waste of time. They went back to eating and watching TV with Kris and Chen. Suho walked over and gave Lay a hug, praising him on his dancing. Lay smiled, dimples showing, and decided to give Suho a personal encore.

 

Sehun-ah!” Luhan ran up to him and bear hugged him. “How was it? Did you like my dancing?”

 

Uhh. Yes. I liked it. It was um unbelievable.” As in I can't believe you did that.

 

Luhan giggled. “Thanks for clapping for me even though I .”

 

Hey, you didn't --”

 

It's okay. We know who really won, but I had fun. So it's good.” Luhan beamed. Sehun grinned, wrapping his arm around Luhan. Yeah it's all good.

 

 

Five minutes to midnight...

 

Baekyeol had forced everybody out to the backyard, where they were working on getting the fireworks ready – fireworks which they had bought using the money from the snowman jar. The couple was busy trying to set it up, while the others watched, all of them freezing and feeling agitated.

 

Why did we leave them in charge of fireworks again?” Xiumin asked, blowing on his hands to keep them warm.

 

We didn't. They took it upon themselves to do it,” Kyungsoo answered, putting on a second hat he had hidden in his coat pocket.

 

We could just watch the fireworks on TV,” Tao whined, unhappy about being out in the cold. “This is stupid.”

 

It is NOT stupid. Real fireworks in front of your panda eyes are better than one from a TV screen,” Baekhyun retorted, hands on his hips, being absolutely serious.

 

Well, could you two SPEED IT ALONG THEN! We don't have all year,” Chen complained, scrunching his nose at the pair.

 

The new year will be over by the time they finish,” Kai murmured, kicking the snow in irritation.

 

Yah! You want me to aim these at you?” Chanyeol asked, holding up a firework and pointing it directly at Kai. That shut the younger boy up.

 

 

Two minutes to midnight...

 

WATCH OUT!!” Baekhyun screamed when his boyfriend had accidentally set off a rocket. Everybody backed away and Sehun made sure to keep Luhan extra close to him.

 

BOOOOOM. BANNNGG. BOOOOM.

 

The rocket blasted into the air, swirled around a bit, then came crashing down, hitting Jingle the snowman. Sehun heard Luhan mumble, “Oh no Jingle!”

 

Heh. Heh. Sorry,” Chanyeol said, grinning.

 

Do that again and I'll kill you,” Kris threatened.

 

Over your dead body,” Baekhyun spat back, but when Kris took a step towards him, he flinched. “Yeollie, don't do that again!”

 

 

One minute to midnight...

 

Ready?” Suho asked Baekyeol, who nodded and gave two thumbs up. Suho took out his cell phone. “We'll start counting down when it's 15 seconds to midnight.”

 

15.” They all started counting together.

 

14.”

 

13.”

 

Can't we count faster?” Chen asked.

 

No!” Baekhyun shouted.

 

12.”

 

11.”

 

10.” Luhan squeezed Sehun's hands, and Sehun couldn't stop himself from grinning – he has never felt this excited for the new year.

 

9.”

 

8.” Lay back hugged Suho, causing the boy to nearly drop his phone. He rested his chin on Suho's shoulder, smiling, and after Suho got over the surprise attack, he too smiled.

 

7.”

 

6.” Baekhyun snuggled Chanyeol's side, looking up at his boyfriend. The grin he had on probably meant he was by how serious Chanyeol looked with the fireworks remote control in his hand.

 

5.”

 

4.”

 

Sehun-ah,” Luhan whispered, smiling as he looked up at the night sky, awaiting the fireworks. Sehun doesn't look up though – there was something far more beautiful next to him.

 

3.”

 

2.”

 

Sehun doesn't wait for “1.” He reached out, held Luhan's surprised face in between his hands, and kissed him.

 

Lips pressing against Luhan's, silently telling him “Happy New Year Lu.”

 

Body pressing against Luhan's, silently promising him that he'll do his best to love him this year and for years to come.

 

Forever actually.

 

KAABOOOOOOMMM. BAAANNNNGGGG. WHEEEEEEEEE. BOOOOOOM.

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!” The single boys cheered, clapping and hugging each other – doing their best to ignore the fact that all three couples were kissing each other.

 

Minutes later with the fireworks still decorating the sky, the others decided that it was time to go back in. It was simply too awkward standing there while the couples made out.

 

Sulay broke their kiss first, with Lay looking quite pleased and Suho blushing a deep red. “Happy New Year, Lay. Thanks for being with me.”

 

Happy New Year, Suho. Thanks for letting me be with you.”

 

They grinned at each other and hugged once more before looking up, finally enjoying the fireworks.

 

Baekyeol broke their kiss, with Chanyeol putting Baekhyun back on the ground (he was holding him up during their kiss) and Baekhyun refusing to separate. “Happy New Year, Yeollie. Will you be my favorite giant this year too?”

 

Happy New Year, Baek. I'll be your favorite giant if you'll be my favorite shorty this year too.”

 

They laughed at each other before looking up, watching the fireworks dance across the sky. Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a pat on the back for a job well done.

 

A few seconds later, Hunhan separated their lips, happily gasping for air. Luhan grinned, eyes twinkling brighter than ever. “That was our first kiss of the year.”

 

Sehun smiled back. “Yeah. First of many.” He leaned down to give Luhan a quick peck on the cheek.

 

Luhan giggled and punched him lightly in the chest. “New year, same cheesy Sehun.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “You know you love me regardless.”

 

Nodding, Luhan said, “I do. And that's the sad part.”

 

Pfftt. Whatever.” Sehun looked up at the fireworks, love struck grin still on his face.

 

Intertwining their fingers, Luhan, with eyes gazing at the sky, said, “Happy New Year, Sehun-ah.”

 

Sehun doesn't have to look at his boyfriend to know he's smiling. He can practically feel it. It was a warm happy smile. Sehun's favorite.

 

With his eyes fixated on the night sky and his heart beating for the owner of that smile, Sehun wished that every year from now on would start exactly like this one.  

 

Sehun gave Luhan's hand, the hand that fits perfectly in his, a gentle squeeze. Happy New Year, Bambi.”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ THE FLUFF!! THE FLUFFFFFFFFFFFFF. SULAY. BAEKYEOL. HUNHAN. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!! I hope you liked the chapter. It was fun, especially the dance battlle. Lol. Baekyeol cheating because they're bias towards Lulu. Favorite parts - Sehun and Suho being supportive, Baekyeol's fireworks show with complaints from the others, the kisses during (Sehun kissing his Bambi before 1 was OMG ADORABLE) and after the countdown, and the fluff shared between the couples (awwww). I apologize for my sound effects. Lol. I don't really know how to describe fireworks going off...lol KAABBBOOOOM. 

 

Thanks for reading! Do comment :) Next chapter will be up soon. Look forward to the start of a new school year, drama, fluff, and couple stuff. ♥