The Jolly

All I Care About

The stranger blinked. “Huh?”

Luhan pulled the object closer to him. “I saw this first.”

 

He knows it looked childish for him to be fighting over something in a store with a complete stranger, but hey he wasn't going to leave without Sehun's gift. 

 

The other guy, who seemed taken aback by Luhan's ferocity, furrowed his brows. “What?”

 

We both want this, but only one of us can have it right? Since I saw it first, I should be the one to keep it.”

 

I could easily say that too. There is no way for us to determine who actually saw it first, so your argument is invalid,” the stranger said with a smirk.

 

Inva- invalid??” Luhan huffed. He took a step closer to the stranger. “Listen, I don't want to cause trouble, but I really need this, so if you could kindly let go, I'd appreciate it. No one has to get hurt.”

 

The guy stared at him for a second before he chuckled. “You're not as sweet as you look.”

 

Luhan glared at him while trying to tug the object out of his grip, but the stranger had a strong hold on it – he wasn't backing down. “I'll have you know that I'm a very sweet person!”

 

The guy laughed. “Right and that is why you're trying to take this away from me. How sweet.”

 

Aishhh! Why are you being so difficult?,” Luhan whined, stomping his foot – an action that was meant to show the stranger that he was highly annoyed, but it only came off as adorable.

 

Tell me why you want it so bad,” the guy demanded, eyeing Luhan with the utmost interest.

 

Wha – why do I have to tell you?”

 

So I can decide whether I'm going to give this up for you.” Pfftttt. Who does he think he is?

 

No. You should tell me why you want it so bad, then I'll decide whether to give it up or not.” Not happening though.

 

You're just saying that. You're not going to give it up.”

 

Luhan raised his eyebrow. “Too obvious?”

 

Pretty much.” He smiled at Luhan, who couldn't decide on whether he liked the smile or not. It was a gorgeous smile and Luhan does find it somewhat mesmerizing, but then again he also wanted to slap it off the guy's face.

 

So are you going to tell me why you want it or not?”

 

Luhan sighed. “Fine. I'm buying it as gift for someone – someone very special to me.”

 

The other guy nodded as if he understood, and for a split second Luhan thought that maybe the guy would understand his situation and let go of the object. What actually came out of his mouth was the reason why that thought didn't linger for long.

 

I'm buying it for someone special as well – me. So I guess that means you have to give it up.”

 

Luhan fake laughed. “Ha. Hate to break it to you, but my special person is A LOT more special than you are.”

 

You don't even know me. For all you know, I could be ten times more special than that person.” The guy winked at Luhan, who cringed.

 

In your greedy dreams.”

 

The guy laughed, causing Luhan to frown because he doesn't understand how a person could laugh after being insulted. “Well, what do you suggest we do?”

 

Have to get this for Sehun no matter what! Come on Luhan, think of something. Hmm. What would Baekyeol do?

 

How about we both put it back on the display stand and then on the count of three, whoever grabs it first keeps it?” Luhan suggested.

 

Fine.”

 

They placed the object back on display, and they both let go at the same time (Luhan made sure of that).

 

Ready?” Luhan asked, hands already subtly extended towards the object.

 

The guy smirked. “Fair play?”

 

Luhan nodded.

 

One.”

 

Two!” Luhan shouted before he grabbed the object with one hand, snatched his bags up, and turned to run from the guy.

 

HEY,” the guy shouted from behind him.

 

Luhan looked over his shoulder and shouted a quick, “Sorry,” before making his way to the cash register.

 

He doesn't look back again, missing the small smile that lingered on the stranger's face – the smile that stayed even as Luhan was paying for the gift.

 

Luhan also missed how the stranger's eyes were fixated on him as he walked out of the store with Sehun's gift in his hands.

 

Whoaaa hyung! You got Sehun a ----! He's going to love it,” Baekhyun squealed when Luhan, with a satisfied smile on his face, arrived at the food court. Like Luhan, the other two boys also had tons of gift bags, covering the floor around their table. Luhan took a seat across from them, placing Sehun's gift on the table.

 

How much was it?” Chanyeol asked, eyeing the object (and Luhan) with awe.

 

A lot. I almost fought a guy to get it.”

 

Baekhyun, unable to believe the words that came out of Luhan's mouth, spluttered. “Y-you almost f-fought someone??”

 

Wished we were there to see it,” Chanyeol said, disappointment in his voice. “That would have been awesome.”

 

Luhan chuckled. “I may have exaggerated. I wasn't going to actually fight him...”

 

The couple leaned forward, suddenly really interested in what he had to say. “How did you get it in the end?”

 

Luhan smiled. “Simple. I did what you two would have done.”

 

As if they knew exactly what that meant, Baekhyun and Chanyeol grinned and gave Luhan a pat on the back. “Excellent!”

 

That's the holiday spirit! Cheat your way into getting whatever it is you want!” Chanyeol gave him a thumbs up.

 

Luhan face-palmed. “That's not exactly a good way of putting it... It makes me sound like a bad person.”

 

Baekyeol laughed. “Well if you did what we would have done, you're not exactly innocent either.”

 

He frowned. “I apologized though...”

 

As you ran away with the gift?” Chanyeol asked, though the look on his face told Luhan that he knew the answer. Luhan nodded in reply with his head down.

 

It felt appropriate at the moment, but now that he thought about it, Luhan felt a little bad about not playing fair with the guy.

 

Cheer up hyung. Maybe you'll see that guy again.”

 

Maybe...But if we do, I'm sure he'll really want to fight me then.”

 

I doubt he'll fight you hyung. Come on, look at you!” Baekhyun gestured towards Luhan with his hands. “Who could possibly hit you?”

 

Chanyeol nodded. “It's like kicking a fluffy puppy caught in the soaking rain.”

 

The three of them laughed at Chanyeol's description – which, as ridiculous as it sounds, made Luhan feel better about what he did. Luhan thinks that if he was to meet that guy again, he'll probably apologize for running away with the gift. If we'll meet again.......

 

But honestly, for that guy's sake, let's pray that Sehun isn't around,” Baekhyun stated, snapping Luhan out of his thoughts. “Though I wouldn't mind seeing Sehun release his inner Hulk. Should be entertaining.”

 

Luhan laughed. “Sehun doesn't have an inner Hulk.”

 

That's only because no one has provoked him yet.”

 

Yet being the key word.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Sureee – wait.” His eyes widen as a thought occurred to him. “Is that why you two keep messing with him?”

 

The Baekyeol couple grinned. “We're just testing him – to see what we can get away with. It's fun.”

 

I hope you know that I won't be saving you if you do happen to push his buttons.”

 

Awwww come on hyung,” Baekhyun whined. “Part of the reason why we mess with Sehun is because we know you're going to stop him from killing us.”

 

You're our safety net,” Chanyeol added, reaching over to take ahold of Luhan's hand. “Please protect us.”

 

You two are insane.”

 

Insanely entertaining,” Baekhyun corrected. “Admit it hyung, you enjoy seeing Sehun being all protective of you.”

 

Luhan bit his lip. “Well...it is nice. I guess..”

 

Pffttt. You think it's smoking hot.”

 

It turns you on when he's all 'Luhan hyung is mine.' Am I right? Don't deny it.”

 

Having no good comebacks, Luhan decided that it was best to change the subject. He cleared his throat.“I think we should leave now. It's almost time for dinner.”

 

Baekyeol laughed at his sudden change of topic. “Very smooth hyung.”

 

After getting off the bus, the three of them walked the rest of the distance, happily chatting about the upcoming break.

 

Sehun isn't big on Christmas. He's – how would you put it?” Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol, who answered, “Not very merry.”

 

Really?” Luhan asked.

 

He does buy us gifts and stuff like that, but he hates it when we decorate the house – always complaining about how overboard it is. Trust us, it's not overboard.”

 

Although Luhan had a feeling that Baekhyun and Chanyeol probably do go overboard with decorating the place for Christmas, he had to admit that he was excited to see what they had in store. Christmas this year was going to definitely be different from all his previous Christmases. For one thing, he's spending it with his housemates and not his mother, who had decided to fly back to Beijing for the holidays. When he had talked to her on the phone, she told him that he should make memories with Sehun instead and also to send her gifts to his aunt's house, where she was staying.

 

Secondly, and most importantly, this was going to be his first Christmas with Sehun – with the other boys as well. And Luhan felt giddy simply from the thought of waking up with Sehun on Christmas morning.

 

WHOAA SNOW!!!” The Baekyeol couple screamed as they held their hands out for the flurries that suddenly descended from the sky when they got to their neighborhood. They turned around to look at Luhan, who was momentarily frozen from witnessing the white spectacle. “Hyung, did you know that if you're with the one you love during the first snowfall of the year, your love will last for many winters to come?”

 

Really?”

 

The Baekyeol couple nodded before lacing their fingers together, huge grins plastered on their faces. And when Chanyeol bent down to kiss Baekhyun, who stood on his toes, Luhan's hand involuntarily clutched the phone in his pocket.

 

The urge to call Sehun was threatening to overwhelm him, but Luhan shook it off, concealing it with a smile as he wrapped his scarf tighter around his neck. “We should hurry home,” he told the two, whose lips had yet to separate.

 

Baekhyun broke the kiss and turned to Luhan before blushing. “Uh yeah hyung. Let's go.”

 

Forgot you were there for a second. Sorry,” Chanyeol confessed as he scratched the back of his neck, earning a slap in the arm from Baekhyun.

 

Don't say that,” Baekhyun hissed. “He's feeling bad as it is without Sehun here, don't rub it in,” he muttered in an undertone, glaring at his boyfriend.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. “I heard that.” He brushed past them as he continued to head home, his mind dwelling on a certain someone.

 

He secretly hoped that the snow doesn't stop falling – at least not until Sehun gets home.

 

 

******

Wow..It's still snowing.

 

Sehun looked up at the sky when he stepped out from the noraebang, surprised at how long it's been snowing. It started snowing a few hours ago, and it hasn't stopped since. He wondered if this was a sign that this winter would be different from the rest.

 

His eyes wondered to the other people on the street. Some were trying to hurry home, while others dawdled, taking time to admire the snow. Sehun has never considered snow as anything more than just white flakes, but for some reason, he feels different this year. He can't quite explain why, but he had a feeling it had something to do with a certain deer waiting for him at home. Luhan had sounded somewhat eager in his text messages. The older boy kept asking him when he was going to get home, to which Sehun replied, “At the same time I always get home.” And when Luhan asked him if he could get home faster, Sehun knew something was up. He didn't bother asking what was wrong because he thought that maybe Luhan had planned something.

 

He fixed his scarf, pulled down his beanie, and headed for the subway station – excited to see what Luhan was so anxious about.

 

What he didn't expect was for his boyfriend to run out, dressed in his striped silk pajamas, yelling, “Sehun-ah,” before launching himself into Sehun's arms.

 

Speechless for a second at the sudden attack, Sehun doesn't recall how he got his arms around the smaller boy, who seemed more cheerful than usual at the sight of him. He also doesn't recall how Luhan's lips came to be attached to his, but he doesn't really mind. Only when Luhan pulled away did Sehun's brain start working again. What is this?

 

Um. Hey?”

 

Hey,” Luhan replied, grinning from ear to ear as he looked up at Sehun. His arms were wrapped around Sehun's neck (a bit tighter than usual) and he was standing on Sehun's shoes, his bare toes curling against the material of Sehun's Converses.

 

Is this why you wanted me to get home faster?” Sehun asked, suddenly amused at the whole situation (forgetting the fact that his boyfriend was not properly dressed for the weather).

 

Luhan nodded. “I was hoping to be with you during the first snowfall of the year, and since it hasn't stopped snowing, I think I got what I wanted. Our love will have many winters to look forward to! Isn't it amazing?”

 

Sehun stared at him, confused. “What?”

 

SEHUN, ARE YOU GOING TO LET LUHAN HYUNG FREEZE TO DEATH?” Baekyeol shouted from the doorway, unconcerned smiles on both their faces.

 

Sehun looked at Luhan and realized (with horror) that his boyfriend was starting to pale, his cheeks visibly red, his fluffy hair covered in white flakes, and the thin fabric of his pajamas flapping against the wind.

 

YAHH! WHY ARE YOU IN YOUR PAJAMAS?!” Sehun shouted as he lifted a nearly frozen Luhan over his shoulder, carrying him inside. Too busy freaking out about how his boyfriend was turning to a popsicle, Sehun doesn't hear the older boy giggling.

 

IS THIS SOME SORT OF DARE?” Sehun placed Luhan down to round on Baekyeol, who took cautious steps back. “WAS THIS YOUR IDEA?”

 

They shook their heads. “We had nothing to do with this,” Chanyeol said as he stepped behind Baekhyun, who gasped, realizing that Chanyeol was putting him between Sehun and himself.

 

Yeollie!” Baekhyun snapped. “How could you stand behind me!?”

 

Because I always have your back!”

 

Ugh. You idiot.” Baekhyun turned to look at Sehun. “It was Chanyeol's idea.” The smaller boy stuck his tongue out at his dumbfounded boyfriend before walking away.

 

He's kidding! I had nothing to do with this! I'm innocent!” Chanyeol cried.

 

Luhan laughed from behind Sehun. “It wasn't their fault, Sehun-ah. I ran out on my own.”

 

Sehun turned around to face Luhan, who was shaking snow out of his hair, and Chanyeol seeing the chance to escape, took it. “But why?”

 

Weren't you listening when we were outside?”

 

About our love having many winters to look forward to?”

 

Mhm. That.”

 

Sehun scrunched his face. “What in the world does that even mean? And how does you running out in nothing but your pajamas result in that?”

 

Deciding that Sehun wouldn't understand even if he was to explain, Luhan once again threw himself on Sehun and smiled. “Forget it. I'm just happy you're home.”

 

Sehun gave his boyfriend a quick peck before detaching himself from him. “You seriously hang around Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung too much.”

 

Luhan shrugged. “They like listening to me talk about you. They seem to really understand our relationship. And they're fun to be around.”

 

Can't you talk to Suho hyung or Lay hyung? I'm sure they'll listen to you.” And they won't give you crazy ideas either.

 

I do sometimes, but it's not the same.”

 

Too sane for you?”

 

Yup,” Luhan chirped as he interlaced their fingers, tugging Sehun upstairs. “How was work?”

 

 

After finals, everybody in the house was in a festive mood, especially Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who were, as Sehun puts it, secreting an obnoxious amount of holiday spirit through their annoying pores. The couple had taken it upon themselves to get the house ready for the holidays, and that includes its occupants. They demanded that everyone wear only red and green, preferably together on a hideous Christmas sweater. If one was to break the rule, money must be placed in the snowman jar. The only 2 people exempt from this rule were Kris and Sehun – Kris because well, they can never really tell him what to do and Sehun because he threw a stuffed reindeer at them. (“Don't throw your boyfriend at us!” “Shut up!”)

 

But unlike the previous year where Baekyeol were the only two people overly excited for the holidays, this year they had a new supporter and partner – Luhan.

 

Sehun would never openly admit it, but his boyfriend could possibly be even more excited for Christmas than Baekyeol – which was something he formerly thought was impossible.

 

Luhan spent most of his days wearing matching Santa hats with Baekyeol, who nearly cried tears of happiness when he had appeared with it on. His boyfriend was also big on sticking with the red and green only rule, never once breaking it. Sehun didn't even know he had that many red and green clothes.

 

Oftentimes before going to bed, Sehun would have to fetch his boyfriend from Baekyeol''s room, where the older boy was excitedly discussing Christmas decorations with the couple. He would wake up to find Luhan, sitting in between Baekyeol at his desk, buying ornaments online.

 

 

Four days before Christmas...

 

Um. Hyung, what are you doing?” Tao asked.

 

Putting up Christmas lights. Duh,” Baekhyun answered from atop Chanyeol's shoulders, his hands working rapidly to untangle the huge bundle of Christmas lights.

 

Yes...But why are you putting them inside the house?”

 

Because it's too cold outside,” Chanyeol stated matter-of-factly. “Baek, remember to leave some lights for the kitchen.”

 

They didn't see the look of disbelief Tao gave them nor the glare Kyungsoo sent their way at the mention of his beloved kitchen.

 

Luhan, who had just woke up, gasped before he ran towards the couple, who were in the middle of putting up lights along the walls of the living room. “Cool! I want to help!”

 

Tao shook his head and sent Sehun a text.

 

Luhan hyung is helping Baekhyun hyung and Chanyeol hyung hang up the Christmas lights, but don't worry he won't catch a cold – they're putting it inside the house :/

 

 

Three days before Christmas...

 

When Kris and Lay came home with a 10 foot tree, Sehun looked on with distaste as Baekyeol grabbed Luhan and the three of them started jumping around, jubilant at the prospect of finally decorating a tree.

 

I can never look at Luhan hyung the same,” Chen said as he stared at the boy, who was now ordering Sehun to retrieve the boxes of ornaments from the attic.

 

Why not?” Xiumin asked.

 

Because they look like a weird Christmas card.” He pointed at Luhan and Baekyeol, who were now discussing their plans on how to decorate the tree. “It's like Chanyeol's a skinny Santa and Baekhyun and Luhan hyung are his elves.”

 

Xiumin looked at them. “Hmm. You're right. It does look like that.”

 

Across the room, Chanyeol was giving Baekhyun and Luhan two thumbs up, and the two smaller boys, apparently pleased with whatever it was, smiled and high-fived each other. It didn't help that Luhan was wearing a red and white striped shirt with attached suspenders, while Baekhyun wore a green shirt that had the words “Santa's Little Helper” written across the front. All of them were wearing their hats.

 

While the others were decorating the tree, Sehun, Kai, and Kris were left with the task of cleaning the ornaments because Baekyeol had deemed them unfit for decorating – claiming lack of jolly as being the main reason.

 

With the tree fully furnished with glittery lights and shiny ornaments (some even spinning), all that was left was deciding on what to put at the top.

 

What should we put on top?” Suho asked. “A star or an angel?”

 

I think an angel would be nice,” Kyungsoo answered.

 

Yeah. I second that,” Lay said.

 

That settles it,” Baekhyun declared, clapping his hands. “Luhan hyung, can you get up there on your own or do you need to get on Chanyeol's shoulders?”

 

Sehun groaned. Please let me survive this.

 

The trio laughed, evidently happy with their little joke, while everybody else avoided eye contact – second hand embarrassment being the cause.

 

Chen, who didn't really get the joke, asked, “But isn't Luhan hyung afraid of heights?”

 

Kai rolled his eyes and said with extreme sarcasm, “Yes, hyung, that's the problem.”

 

After all that was said and done, they ended up putting a blinking golden star at the top.

 

Baekyeol had actually wanted to put a singing star (one that sang “Jingle Bell Rock”) on the tree, but the other boys had to draw a line somewhere.

 

 

Two days before Christmas...

 

When Sehun walked into the kitchen for breakfast, he spotted Baekyeol in their seats, whispering and giggling about something.

 

Morning Sehun,” they both greeted, voice abnormally cheerful, or at least more cheerful than usual.

 

Morning,” Sehun mumbled as he sat down across from them with his bowl of cereal and muffin.

 

Look up,” Chanyeol told him with a wide grin on his face.

 

Sehun looked up at the ceiling and –

 

Urghh. A mistletoe? Really hyung? Give me a break.”

 

Baekyeol cackled. “Sehun, what's wrong? Having a mistletoe here and there is part of the Christmas tradition.”

 

Sehun scowled. “I think they're stupid.”

 

I think they're lovely,” Baekhyun cooed, admiring the mistletoe he and Chanyeol had placed earlier this morning before anybody woke up. They had also placed one at every doorway.

 

Not to mention they're the reason why I can do this --” Chanyeol plants a quick smooch on Baekhyun's waiting lips.

 

Sehun wished he never came down for breakfast. He went on to ignore them as they continue to have each other for breakfast.

 

When they were done, Baekhyun sighed contentedly, declaring, “Mistletoe kisses are one of the best.” Chanyeol nodded, expressing agreement.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Why do people consider kissing under the mistletoe romantic? Last I checked, parasites don't give off that feeling of love and warmth.”

 

What are you going on about Mr. Grinch?” Baekhyun asked while Chanyeol chuckled at the fact that his boyfriend had given Sehun a very uncreative nickname.

 

Mistletoe is a species of parasitic plants – some of them are toxic to humans. Think about that while you're kissing under one.” Sehun smiled as they stared at him, mouths open. It may not have been nice to ruin their mistletoe fantasies, but Sehun had to admit that it felt darn good.

 

So what? I still like them,” Chanyeol said, banging his fist on the table.

 

Baekhyun nodded. “Sehun, you're just bitter because you've never been kissed under one.”

 

Whatever hyung. I'm never going to see them as anything but parasites.”

 

Baekyeol glanced at each other before smirking. “Oh, we'll see about that.”

 

Sehun would have asked what they meant by that, but then Baekhyun started singing “It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” while Chanyeol smiled adoringly at him. Sehun simply gawked at the two, resisting the urge to tell his hyung that he was mispronouncing 90% of the words. Having enough of this, Sehun stood up, washed his dishes, and left the two, vowing to never enter the kitchen when it was just the two of them there.

 

Later on, Sehun was sitting on the couch, playing on his tablet, when suddenly he could hear his boyfriend's footsteps rushing down the stairs.

 

Sehun-ah! Guess what I have!” Luhan entered with his hands behind his back, a mischievous grin on his face.

 

A ridiculous amount of jolly?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “Nope. Guess again.”

 

Sehun sighed because it looks like Luhan was serious about this guessing game. He placed his tablet down on the coffee table and turned his attention to his boyfriend. “A new Christmas sweater?”

 

Nope. Oh fine! I'll just tell you since you want to know so bad!”

 

I didn't--”

 

THIS!” Luhan brought his hands forward and showed Sehun a –

 

NO. It can't be...

 

Mistletoe headband!”

 

A m-mistletoe headband,” Sehun stuttered, not believing his luck.

 

Luhan nodded, “Uh huh,” before putting it on his head. He suddenly straddled Sehun's lap, his face inches away from Sehun's. “Sehun-ah, you know what happens next right?”

 

I explode? Sehun thought as his boyfriend leaned in. And when Luhan starts kissing him, Sehun prayed that no one walked in on them, especially Baekye –

 

Ahem. Having fun with the mistletoe, Sehun?” Baekyeol chorused as they walked in. Sehun breaks the kiss to glare at Baekyeol, silently telling them to go away. They, like always, didn't get the message.

 

Why don't you tell Luhan hyung about the plant's parasitic characteristic?” Baekhyun asked, snickering along with Chanyeol at the face that Sehun directed their way.

 

Or about how you hate them?” Chanyeol added, wiggling his brows as he said so.

 

Luhan, who was still sitting on Sehun's lap, frowned. “You hate mistletoes?”

 

Sehun swallowed (and mentally cursed) before looking into his boyfriend's eyes. “No. I don't hate them.” Not when you're kissing me under one.

 

The Baekyeol couple laughed and high-fived each other before leaving the room. Sehun would have thrown something at them if it weren't for Luhan, who resumed kissing him like nothing happened.

 

When they broke away from each other, Sehun made Luhan promise that he won't wear the mistletoe headband outside of the house..... or around the Baekyeol couple.

 

Luhan spent the rest of the day taking pictures of himself wearing the mistletoe headband. Sehun assumed that Luhan was taking them so that he could send them to his mother. He was correct. 

 

 

Christmas Eve

 

Don't we look good?” Chanyeol asked the gang as the three walked into the kitchen for dinner, wearing their hats and sweaters.

 

Kai snorted. “Define good.”

 

Dashing. Handsome. Christmassy.”

 

Well, Luhan hyung looks incredibly adorable,” Kyungsoo replied, eyeing the older boy with approval. Luhan was wearing a green sweater with Rudolph on it (his red nose was a small red pom pom). Sehun had teased Luhan that morning about looking like one of those kids you would see sitting on Santa's lap.

 

Luhan smiled at Kyungsoo. “Thanks Kyungsoo.” He took a seat next to Sehun, the smile never leaving his face.

 

Kyungsoo turned to look at the Baekyeol couple. “But you two, on the other hand, look --”

 

Hideous,” Kai completed.

 

We do not!”

 

Says the couple dressed as a short candy cane and a giant Christmas stocking,” Kris said, shaking his head. “Really..It's like you don't own a mirror.”

 

Excuse us for bringing the holidays to your boring gloomy lives,” Baekhyun said with measured sass, flipping his hair to make a point (Sehun doesn't understand what point he was trying to make though).

 

You should thank us for enlightening your lives with such creativeness,” Chanyeol added.

 

I don't want to thank you for hurting my eyes,” Suho quipped, earning a round of applause from the rest.

 

Lay gave him a pat on the back and whispered, “Good job yeobo.” Suho was grinning throughout dinner, feeling proud of himself for successfully delivering his first insult.

 

It was his Christmas miracle.

 

After dinner, the boys gathered in the living room to drink a cup of Kyungsoo's special hot chocolate and to place their presents under the tree. Xiumin was offering cookies to anybody who wanted any, which basically meant Luhan. Tao and Kai were sorting through Baekyeol's enormous Christmas DVDs collection, to pick which one they were going to watch later. Chen was playing chess with Kris, and surprisingly, he was winning. Suho was helping Lay re-wrapped his gifts because the latter had forgotten to label the presents with the names of the recipients. They spent thirty minutes unwrapping 11 boxes, trying their best to hide the secret contents from the wondering eyes of the others, and even then Lay had a hard time remembering what was in which box. Suho didn't mind helping him, even if that meant he won't be surprised tomorrow morning. Kyungsoo was putting items into the 12 stockings that were hanging on the fireplace mantle as Luhan, who was recording the others with his camera, looked on. Sehun was simply counting down to when Luhan would get tired so he could go to bed.

 

What is Kyungsoo doing?” Luhan whispered as he took a seat next to Sehun, eyes focused on the other boy, who was busy transferring stuff from a big shopping bag to the stockings.

 

He's putting candy, cookies, and little toys in our stockings. It's his thing.”

 

Luhan made an “O” with his mouth as he stared at the said boy, probably now looking forward to the treats Kyungsoo was placing in his stocking. “I hope he gives me a lot of his homemade candies.”

 

TA DAAAAAAA.”

 

Everyone turned to Baekyeol, who entered the living room dressed in sleeping gowns and caps. The others all groaned, while Luhan, who didn't know what was going on, stared at them, extremely intrigued.

 

What are they going to do?” Luhan asked, zooming in on the couple.

 

Sehun covered the lens of the camera. “You don't want to film this. It's not pleasant.”

 

What isn't?”

 

Their rendition of A Christmas Carol,” Xiumin answered, looking mildly agitated because the couple had forced him to move from his position so that they could have more room.

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat. “Gentlemen, we have a special surprise for you.”

 

It's not a surprise when we know what you're going to do,” Kai heckled.

 

Baekhyun sent him a murderous glare in return, before beckoning for Chanyeol to continue. “Alright. For tonight and tonight only, we present to you our spectacular rendition of A Christmas Carol!”

 

The two began acting out what was a pathetic excuse of the Christmas classic. Sehun had to sit on his hands to keep himself from throwing the sofa pillows at the two. Luhan, however, was completely spellbound. He was so focused on their two-man show, he forgot to record (which Sehun considered a blessing). The couple went on with their play, uncharacteristically serious throughout – Chanyeol as the stingy Mr. Scrooge and Baekhyun as the three Ghosts of Christmas.

 

Most of the boys left to hang out in the kitchen before the Ghost of Christmas Present even appeared.

 

When they were done, Luhan, being the only person left, clapped enthusiastically, praising them on a job well done. Sehun and the others, hearing Luhan's cheers, came back into the living room, glad to find that the show had ended.

 

You guys are so rude,” Baekhyun said as they filed in, eyeing them with dislike.

 

We should be telling you two that for ruining a Christmas classic,” Kyungsoo countered.

 

The couple gasped, although they didn't look too bothered because Kyungsoo said the same thing last year.

 

It was two hours before midnight when the boys decided to settle down for a Christmas movie. After turning off the lights, everybody grabbed a blanket and they each found a comfortable spot. Sehun and Luhan ended up on the floor in front of the fireplace. Sehun had his head on a pillow and Luhan had his head on Sehun's arm, arguing that he liked Sehun's arm better when Sehun had demanded he use a pillow. Before Sehun could protest that his arm would surely fall asleep if it was to be under Luhan's heavy head for too long, Luhan started cuddling him, and well, the rest was history.

 

Ten minutes into the movie, hushed giggles and gasps could be heard coming from Baekyeol's direction.

 

Would you two please get a room?” Kris asked, though it sounded more like an order.

 

Fine! Come on, Yeollie.” The pair left the room, loudly running up the stairs – clearly excited to get away.

 

Twenty minutes into the movie, Suho had started coughing (strangely).

 

I think he's coming down with something. We'll head upstairs,” Lay stated as he helped Suho up.

 

Yeah. Merry Christmas guys,” Suho said before entwining their fingers, looking entirely too fine for someone who was supposedly “coming down with something.”

 

Thirty minutes into the movie, Sehun was sensing Luhan's restlessness.

 

Seconds later, he felt it – Luhan's hands sneaking under his shirt to explore his bare chest. What was more interesting was the fact that Luhan kept his face straight, eyes glued on the TV screen, while his hands drove Sehun mad.

 

Having enough of Luhan's roaming hands, Sehun muttered into Luhan's ear, “If you want to leave, just say so.”

 

Luhan looked at him before smirking. “Sehun-ah? You're sleepy? Let's go to bed.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes because of course his boyfriend would use him as an excuse. Luhan got up and held out his hand for Sehun to take. “Good night guys,” he said to the rest as he led Sehun upstairs.

 

Two minutes later...

 

Did anybody else notice how all three couples are upstairs?” Chen asked.

 

Yes, but let's not discuss why,” Tao suggested.

 

Kai turned to Kris, who had the remote. “Hyung, can you turn up the volume? We don't want to hear them having a jolly good time.”

 

 

Christmas Morning

 

Sehun woke up to an overly excited, jumpy Bambi.

 

Sehun-ah! Wake up! It's Christmas!”

 

Sehun turned the other way. “It's too early,” he grumbled.

 

Sehun-ah, did you not hear what I said? IT'S CHRISTMAS.”

 

I heard you.”

 

Why aren't you getting up then?”

 

Sehun groaned. “Because it's way too early. Look, the sun is barely up.”

 

Luhan huffed. “You leave me no choice Oh Sehun.”

 

Wha--”

 

Luhan interrupted him by smashing their lips together, his hands tugging on Sehun's bed hair. His boyfriend proceeded to kiss his face, causing Sehun to wonder if this was becoming a habit – Luhan waking him up with kiss attacks.

 

Sehun closed his eyes, taking in the bliss of feeling his boyfriend's lips on him early in the morning.

 

Yahh! You're not supposed to go back to sleep!”

 

Sehun chuckled. “Can't help it.”

 

Fine.”

 

For a second, Sehun really thought that Luhan was going to let him sleep, but boy was he wrong.

 

Luhan, believing that Sehun needed a little motivation, started tracing Sehun's abs with his fingertips – moving in a slow, tantalizing manner.

 

Sehun's breath hitched when Luhan's fingers got a little too close to the drawstring of his sweat pants. A millisecond later, his eyes popped open. “I'm awake!”

 

Luhan giggled. “Good.” He pulled a flustered Sehun up. “Now let's go downstairs.”

 

You .”

 

Luhan smiled before he leaned in to give Sehun another kiss, a soft one that took Sehun's breath away.

 

Merry Christmas to you too,” Luhan said as he pulled away, eyes twinkling.

 

That was all it took for Sehun to decide that this Christmas will be far better than his previous Christmases. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ AHHHH THE FLUFF!! THE HOLIDAY FLUFF! THE BAEKYEOL FLUFF! THE SULAY FLUFF! THE HUNHAN! ♥♥♥ Lol. What a cute chapter! I can't decide on which parts were my favorites because they were all so cute and funny. I apologize for updating this on Christmas Eve (at least in my time zone). It's probably Christmas for some of you, so I guess I didn't succeed in my plan to update before Christmas....Sorry! But  I hope you enjoyed the chapter :D The next chapter will feature more Christmas fluff - the boys opening presents and playing in the snow. 

 

Oh this is a picture of the mistletoe headband Luhan was wearing. Lulu is simply too adorable. Love him!

 

And I just wanted to say - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! 

Isn't it cute?!!? Lol. Credit to the owner. It's so adorable ^_^ I will update again later tonight/early tomorrow. Feel free to tell me which parts you enjoyed!